PDA

View Full Version : The new "cybers"

Noodleleg
10-21-2012, 09:22 PM
I remember... When I ran victory lap for cyber... And a few more times... Painful, but was so rewarding. I earned these awesome sets... I'd like it if STS made a series of quests at Blacksmoke that gives an elite set :)! Anyone like this idea?

bramer
10-21-2012, 09:30 PM
I do

This is bramer - signing out

Roc
10-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Cyber quests, the best thing since sliced bread.

They were the most do-able yet long yet rewarding quests! And you could do them while leveling up!

McBain
10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
The Blacksmoke elite weapon quest was like the Cyber quest on crack. And I thought getting all the totems for Cyber back in the day was time consuming!

Lugon
10-22-2012, 11:36 PM
The Blacksmoke elite weapon quest was like the Cyber quest on crack. And I thought getting all the totems for Cyber back in the day was time consuming!

Booooooy! You were WRONG!!!

MightyMicah
10-23-2012, 06:13 AM
I remember... When I ran victory lap for cyber... And a few more times... Painful, but was so rewarding. I earned these awesome sets... I'd like it if STS made a series of quests at Blacksmoke that gives an elite set :)! Anyone like this idea?

I'll never understand why sts doesn't so this at every five levels of the game. It would make people extremely happy and I know people would spend buttloads of plat to complete these quests quickly!

Rare
10-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Weren't the Blacksmoke elites like a new cyber quest? But much worse?

Kind of... but it was only for a weapon... and it was limited time for only lvl 71.

Rare
10-23-2012, 10:03 AM

They were the most do-able yet long yet rewarding quests! And you could do them while leveling up!

Actually, you could only do them while leveling up after the cap was raised to 56 as they were only available once you hit 50. I did two of mine before Balefort Sewers. Lot of time "wasted"

topskillz
10-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Don't forget about black ice items those aren't half bad as well :)

Kraze
10-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Would be cool still think they misses the boat (pun intended) by not doing a land shark set for last cap

Elyseon
10-24-2012, 07:25 AM
yeh this been suggested like every cap it seems, somehow devs still dont quite understand it
maybe making 2 unique looking sets of gear is too hard?
they only made 4 for level 50
and the 3 specs didnt look the same
somehow over a year and a half later they dont have the resources to do this it appears

slaveleia
10-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Exactly. XD
I would do that gauntlet quest again or something similar if I could get a Volcanut.

Roc
10-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Actually, you could only do them while leveling up after the cap was raised to 56 as they were only available once you hit 50. I did two of mine before Balefort Sewers. Lot of time "wasted"

Ah, I guess my memory must be of when I went back to get the other 2 sets XD

Swords
10-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Better not be as hard and long as the Elite quest with the 1500 boss kill for 1 weapon

Energizeric
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Better not be as hard and long as the Elite quest with the 1500 boss kill for 1 weapon

Apparently it wasn't hard enough, as I see almost every end game player with these elite weapons. Hard enough would be so that only a very small percentage of players actually have them because the quest is too hard for most. That is "elite".

MightyMicah
10-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Pocket Legends players would die in a Guild Wars 2. There's things called "Legendary Weapons" that have taken even the most hardcore of players months to get. I laugh at PL people ;)

Entertaining
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Sliced bread still tops cyber quests. and always will ^^

Noodleleg
10-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Sliced bread still tops cyber quests. and always will ^^

Better be French bread.

Entertaining
10-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Better be French bread.

Well, Ofc ^^

Suntv
11-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm SunTV and I approve this message

GoodSyntax
11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
I think the point is that the Cyber sets were actually the best sets at the time. An epic grind to attain, but a terrific set.

The new sets are actually worse than the crafted Humania sets.

In the end, are we grinding for vanity-style gear or are we grinding for the best sets in the game?

I actually LOVED the Cyber quests. Took a long time for me to get - Shadow Essence was actually the most difficult component, but I digress. I was a bit less enamored with the Black Ice sets - they were barely better than the regular Ice sets and the quest was actually too hard for the payoff.

That's why I actually like the Furgee Furball quests for Ocean Blue Diamonds. Attainable, yet challenging. The reward is worthwhile and you may get other pinks along the way. Perfect recipe for grinding goodness.

Elyseon
11-06-2012, 10:36 PM
cyber str sucked actually
idk about int, dex is good tho

GoodSyntax
11-08-2012, 09:24 AM
cyber str sucked actually
idk about int, dex is good tho

I've only used the DEX and INT cyber, so I guess it's not worth the grind for my STR bear?

Elyseon
11-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I've only used the DEX and INT cyber, so I guess it's not worth the grind for my STR bear?
it looks cool and itd befine for pve
just has low skill damage cuz the sword