PDA

View Full Version : Nat&Tat Art Contest Winner Thread!!

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Please wait for results on this thread, the submission time is up!
Unfortunately, someone put up a very inappropriate post on our old thread so just stay updated on this one. Good job to all who entered, we will be deciding today!

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 01:06 AM
We will wait for the devs to wake up and ban this sick person before we continue with the art contest threads. I'm sorry.

Necrobane
09-07-2010, 01:18 AM
fair enough...AO3 you bastard...shame on you....sorry about swearing, but really angry about this!

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Ok Guys! Back to business, I hope the children were sleeping through that mess! Whew.

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 02:40 AM
We have looked carefully at each entry and read every description and we are happy to announce that we have reached our decisions! All winners will add me ( Hotndots ) in game to receive their prize money!

All of the entries were good and had their own creativity so we will mention everyone's work of creativity! Sadly, two entries were not qualified, as you will read below. Now for the winners!

1st place ( 100k ) : RedRyder
We chose this for being very creative, with the abduction in the background, the alien camel as well as an alien rider, and the pyramids and saucer. There were many elements in this drawing. Good job!

2nd Place ( 50k ) : Warchanter - Donated
Wow, first we have to say.. CREEPY! There were small details which were creative such as the PL on the chest of the alien and the little footprints. Nat especially liked the saucer that was crashed into the pyramid. Also, you wrote a history to for the picture. Good Job!

3rd Place ( 25k ) : Kingofhurtz
Very colorful and creative. We liked the names of your weapons and how you described the drawing. It was a true embrace of Ao3 =) Loved the mummy doll, we need those! Good job!

OK! We've decided that everyone who entered and qualifies should be a winner for putting your drawing out there and trying your best! These names aren't in any specific order.

Vulgarstrike! 10k - You have to be creative to see what you saw in your drawing! =)

Violentsaint! 10k - Loved the blaster-weapon!

TwinkTastical! 10k - We just had to laugh =) - Paid

Krome! 10k - Good quality, liked the detail. It was good!

Survirorfan! 10k - No more dungeons in Alien Oasis! Jk, it was great =) - Paid

Tryser! 10k - Cute alien robot =)

Sorry to Masterchief and Furrawn, you did not qualify. MC, there was no alien, sorry. To Furrawn, loved the pyramid and space ship, but your background wasn't a drawing. We should have told you then. Good job to both of you though!

We hope that everyone has enjoyed the contest! Once again, add me for your prize gold!

Warchanter
09-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Congrats red woot ! Woot !

Warchanter
09-07-2010, 07:20 AM
If it's ok with nat n tat I would like to share my winning evenly with the entries who did not get 1st 2nd n 3rd. I entered for the fun not for cash :). I'm happy to be second please give my winnings to them evenly. :). So that would be n extra 10 k each for them :)

Raxie
09-07-2010, 07:37 AM
good job, red! your drawing is great.

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
If it's ok with nat n tat I would like to share my winning evenly with the entries who did not get 1st 2nd n 3rd. I entered for the fun not for cash :). I'm happy to be second please give my winnings to them evenly. :). So that would be n extra 10 k each for them :)

Yes, everyone who was to receive 10k will now get 20 thanks to Warchanter!
And Kingofhurtz will get 30 instead of 25 then =)

Royce
09-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Congrats to everyone who created cool artwork, and congrats to Nat&Tat for succeeding in putting together a fun and mostly controversy-free art contest ;)

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Listen up! We enjoyed this so much that we have decided to do another art contest after everyone has gotten their prize gold ( which I will keep updated ).

This time we are looking for ideas from the community. Please leave your '' theme '' choice for the next art competition and we will choose one based on how wanted it is. Thanks everyone!

Furrawn
09-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Gratz, everyone...

I did the same drawing that I would have done on a blank background. I could easily have switched it to a blank background... It would have been helpful to know since I drew the same amount of background as others. I understand- just wish you'd told me earlier so I could have removed the photograph part of the background...

Ah well...no use crying over spilled milk...
Maybe I'll do better next time:)

vulgarstrike
09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
aw, dijssapointed a little, but still happy about the contest!

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
It's our fault for not giving you the chance to add your own background, we let time slip away and that was wrong. I apologize Furrawn.

Furrawn
09-07-2010, 11:40 AM
It's our fault for not giving you the chance to add your own background, we let time slip away and that was wrong. I apologize Furrawn.

No problem:)
I took a risk by thinking outside the box. Not your fault at all.
I'm probably not good for contest stuff because I push to be outside the usual. I once turned in an English Lit midterm to my prof in college written in crayon:D Luckily, the prof loved it. But, it was a risk:)

Lol- I did draw a background. The pyramid, sun, & clown ufo WERE background drawings. i just needed to remove the photograph layer that I used instead of white paper:) I did put a lot of work into it (ESP the story) and would have rather found out I was disqualified earlier. Was hard to discover the disqualification by reading the winner's thread saying "....except Furrawn."

Don't feel bad. I chose to push the boundaries of the contest. I may wish I had warning to change it, but it was still my own fault. No worries:D I enjoyed creating it & seeing other submissions. That's reward enough.

Thanks for having the contest. It was a great idea...

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 12:02 PM
It is true that you drew a background, I didn't think about this before because I was distracted by the picture. You are very welcome to be included in receiving 20k. Add me in game and I'm sorry for the mess, honestly.

Furrawn
09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
It is true that you drew a background, I didn't think about this before because I was distracted by the picture. You are very welcome to be included in receiving 20k. Add me in game and I'm sorry for the mess, honestly.

Thank you:) That's really nice...
But don't give me the money... I'll do better next contest and hopefully be on the good list :D

Hotndots
09-07-2010, 12:14 PM
You make me feel bad =( lol

Furrawn
09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
You make me feel bad =( lol

I'm sorry:(
Do not feel bad. Please.
This contest was a great thing. I shouldn't have complained at all.
Be happy:)

Royce
09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
The next contest could be depictions of future towns like the lost expedition town, swamp town, and Oasis town. Or maybe ideas for themes beyond AO.

RedRyder
09-07-2010, 01:22 PM
woot woot :D thanks for giving me 1st place! i cpulda sworn the 2nd place wouldve trumped over me. thanks again nat & tat

Hotndots
09-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Please let me know when you are able to claim your prize gold =)

RedRyder
09-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Ill be on now !

nattissen_88
09-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Or maybe ideas for themes beyond AO.

I like this idea, it gives more room for creativity :) And the devs can have a look and get Ideas for the next campaigns :)

Violentsaint
09-08-2010, 02:21 AM
NINJA CAMPAIGN FTW!?!

and yay i get 20k lol... i dont even have 20k atm so the gold is appeciated.... (nobody gets rich by being generous) :P

Warchanter
09-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Could have design an enemy contest :)

Kingofhurtz
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Haha thanks a ton guys for setting this whole thing up! I never thought I would've won =D great job war and red. Also a special thanks to war for the extra 5k ;). Thanks again

Kingofhurtz
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh and I can get on very quickly now if you're able to, or later tonight around 10 PM EST

Kingofhurtz
09-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I like q combination of royce's and war's ideas. Design an enemy from a future campaign. (although that may be what war was insinuating)...

Hotndots
09-08-2010, 03:29 PM
logging on now King =)