PDA

View Full Version : Custom Avatars on Forums

Pixxie
04-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Devs:

Could we please have custom avatars on forums? At least after we reach "member" status or something?

Or if I've simply overlooked the option to do this within the Settings menu, please let me know.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 07:46 AM
you have not over looked anything, the only avatars you can choose are those 3 of the classes :(

darrensmith016
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
i think they should be game/class but a couple more would be great

Justg
04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
When Samhayne returns from his journey to The Land Of The Rising Sun, he'll put a whole bunch in for you guys. Spell icons, mob portraits, etc.

darrensmith016
04-22-2010, 08:52 AM
great thanks

Splurd
04-22-2010, 09:07 AM
When Samhayne returns from his journey to The Land Of The Rising Sun, he'll put a whole bunch in for you guys. Spell icons, mob portraits, etc.

Its not really a tough thing to do, you as an administrator should have the powers to do that.

But no custom avatars?

Thats what I really want.

Justg
04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
True Splurd, but I really need to be focused on the dev side of things. We'll chat about custom avatars when Sam's back.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I also agree with custom avatars, weird they were disabled in the first place.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
I also agree with custom avatars, weird they were disabled in the first place.

Maybe they were worried about people putting avatars of phallic imagery, or pictures of Avians doing activies with Elves that one might consider undesireable?
not that that was going to be my avatar or anything. I swear!

Shebee
04-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Maybe they were worried about people putting avatars of phallic imagery, or pictures of Avians doing activies with Elves that one might consider undesireable?
not that that was going to be my avatar or anything. I swear!

Hehe who knows ;)

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, theres absolutely nothing wrong with custom avatars.

Flamin
04-22-2010, 03:37 PM
True Splurd, but I really need to be focused on the dev side of things. We'll chat about custom avatars when Sam's back.

About when is he going to be back? And also how and where do I upload a group picture for my forum group/guild. And about custom avatars, if a custom avatar is offensive then a administrator can simply delete it, and warn the person not to do it again.

Deathshock
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
About when is he going to be back? And also how and where do I upload a group picture for my forum group/guild. And about custom avatars, if a custom avatar is offensive then a administrator can simply delete it, and warn the person not to do it again.

Yeah, you generally don't see a huge issue with avatars on most forums though.