PDA

View Full Version : Catacombs powerstone upgrade

imfeared
01-02-2024, 02:14 PM
Possible to make an upgradable version so we can have the 5dmg outside of just the zodias maps?
Maybe 1 powerstone + 5k fathoms+ 5k corruption tokens= 12primary 5dmg (everywhere) and a chance for crit dmg%

Would be a good use for all of these tokens ,)

Cinco
01-02-2024, 04:46 PM
Sounds fun to me!

I'll see what can be done - before we make our return to the Arcane Catacombs later this week :-)

Tfyr
01-02-2024, 04:54 PM
+1

Sent from my NX709S using Tapatalk

Ilove_Poopoo
01-02-2024, 05:44 PM
Sounds fun to me!

I'll see what can be done - before we make our return to the Arcane Catacombs later this week :-)

Eh... so an Eye of Frostrwyrm 2.0 that is not bound, doesn't require an exclusive plat tier event to obtain? Whats the point of releasing an exclusive powerful jewel just for 3 weeks if just to recycle it again immediately this week on Cata?

idk abt fun

imfeared
01-02-2024, 06:23 PM
Sounds fun to me!

Ty for the consideration! Can't wait to go back to the catacombs

Activista
01-02-2024, 08:13 PM
Eh... so an Eye of Frostrwyrm 2.0 that is not bound, doesn't require an exclusive plat tier event to obtain? Whats the point of releasing an exclusive powerful jewel just for 3 weeks if just to recycle it again immediately this week on Cata?

idk abt fun

Have you paid attention to what he said? Do you find it easy to farm 10k tokens?

recilencia123
01-02-2024, 08:34 PM

idk abt fun

well u have 3 slot less to complete full set if u dont have enogh gold for buy flaw or corrup jewel xd

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Activista
01-02-2024, 08:50 PM
Sounds fun to me!

If they do the 10 thousand token thing, make it 13 primary and 5 damage

AgentStonoga
01-03-2024, 05:15 AM
Sounds fun to me!

What would be the point of corrupted jewels existence then? 12 primary stat and 5dmg in all zones grant you more dmg than 22.5 primary stats alone. Farming 5k (or even 10k) fathoms isn't hard.
Something like 12 prinary stat and 2.5dmg in all zones would be more reasonable - better than flawless jewel, but worse than corrupt and eye jewels.
@Cinco

Ilove_Poopoo
01-03-2024, 05:43 AM
Seriously, does the dev team even consider the existing content before introducing new items?

I always believed MMORPGs revolved around grinding, yet it feels like they're back to back releasing cheap, overpowered stuff that overshadows previous items that was still fairly new, from gears to jewels to pets.

Why prioritize rapid gear progression without offering challenging, long-term expansion content to accommodate these powercreeping items making everything too easy these days?

Months of expansion development pre-production + 4months post-production and all we got is a whopping Hedorah 0 IQ map.

Activista
01-03-2024, 07:40 AM
What would be the point of corrupted jewels existence then? 12 primary stat and 5dmg in all zones grant you more dmg than 22.5 primary stats alone. Farming 5k (or even 10k) fathoms isn't hard.
Something like 12 prinary stat and 2.5dmg in all zones would be more reasonable - better than flawless jewel, but worse than corrupt and eye jewels.
@Cinco

How is a single-use gem going to be superior to something that you can change when the meta of the game changes?

Activista
01-03-2024, 07:44 AM
Seriously, does the dev team even consider the existing content before introducing new items?

I always believed MMORPGs revolved around grinding, yet it feels like they're back to back releasing cheap, overpowered stuff that overshadows previous items that was still fairly new, from gears to jewels to pets.

Why prioritize rapid gear progression without offering challenging, long-term expansion content to accommodate these powercreeping items making everything too easy these days?

Months of expansion development pre-production + 4months post-production and all we got is a whopping Hedorah 0 IQ map.

Your argument makes no sense, if you assume that the current boss is normal mode, right? You have not looked at the cost of the set and we have not even seen the elite version, just by looking at prices it is better that they farm a lot of gold because some arcane parts will surely cost upwards of 200 million

AgentStonoga
01-03-2024, 07:45 AM
How is a single-use gem going to be superior to something that you can change when the meta of the game changes?Maybe because powerstones during cata are like 10 times cheaper than corrupt jewels? You can replace them easily and still get more powerful jewels for much lower price.

Wysłane z mojego RMX3563 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Activista
01-03-2024, 07:49 AM
Maybe because powerstones during cata are like 10 times cheaper than corrupt jewels? You can replace them easily and still get more powerful jewels for much lower price.

friend, if the meta changes and is left out of the current game, those gems are lost because for sale they do not give you even 50% of what they are worth, it is a risk of losing millions if the meta is changed, and I don't need to say but It only analyzes the current set, it has many combination variants, the danger of it changing is constant

AgentStonoga
01-03-2024, 07:55 AM
friend, if the meta changes and is left out of the current game, those gems are lost because for sale they do not give you even 50% of what they are worth, it is a risk of losing millions if the meta is changed, and I don't need to say but It only analyzes the current set, it has many combination variants, the danger of it changing is constantWhole problem is that this is the thing which canmot be changed. 5 flat dmg will always give you more damage than 10.5 primary stat.
And even if I had to socket all special power stones again (to new gears for example), I would still pay 20m in total per one jewel than over 100m for weaker corrupt.

Activista
01-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Whole problem is that this is the thing which canmot be changed. 5 flat dmg will always give you more damage than 10.5 primary stat.
And even if I had to socket all special power stones again (to new gears for example), I would still pay 20m in total per one jewel than over 100m for weaker corrupt.

So it would be best to get 2 or 3 gems to craft.

Brruiser
01-03-2024, 08:31 AM
What is the point of new the enchanted eye then???

Activista
01-03-2024, 08:38 AM
What is the point of new the enchanted eye then???

This gem is universal, unlike this suggestion gem, Winter's gem can change its statistic depending on the class it uses, similar to the "Divine" ring system.

Pimppin
01-03-2024, 08:40 AM
my thoughts exactly

Brruiser
01-03-2024, 08:40 AM
Yes but, it seems like you just want to be as op as possible for as cheap as possible…

I agree with the fact that they should maybe change the power stones or make a more powerful version this time for the 2nd introduction of catacombs… but making those stones add 5dmg all maps would make flawless useless lol….

Brruiser
01-03-2024, 08:42 AM
Like the powerstones already went from 8mil --> 22M for rog, and yet you still want more powerful ones to be brought in to the game?

dangibg
01-03-2024, 08:46 AM
Makes no sense to make power stones like eyes, if you think they need a buff you should look onto buffing the elite version.

Ign ~ Danrog

Brruiser
01-03-2024, 08:47 AM
Makes no sense to make power stones like eyes, if you think they need a buff you should look onto buffing the elite version.

Ign ~ Danrog

+ 1

Ign Exzeiled

Activista
01-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Yes but, it seems like you just want to be as op as possible for as cheap as possible…

I agree with the fact that they should maybe change the power stones or make a more powerful version this time for the 2nd introduction of catacombs… but making those stones add 5dmg all maps would make flawless useless lol….

It was just a suggestion from the subject, they could well ask for 3 of these stones from crafting to change the damage to universal