PDA

View Full Version : Map design

Tekila
01-03-2024, 05:24 AM
Hello

I am playing for a while now and I’m pretty bored of the map design, not about the graphics but the way to complete them that is all about killing mobs, minis and boss.

Can you get a look at some improvements after the skill revamp to give a fresh air to arcane legends ?

I would love more narration for each map, a better story behind each one of them that is told and explained while you are doing them.
More interactions in order to unlock the way to complete each map so the game would be more immersive.

As an example you can add some NPC at the begining explaining how to complete the map giving us objectives aside of quests inside them in order to be able to face the minis and bosses. (Finding an object, activating some mechanisms because of some things and so on)

Yes it is an hack and slash type game but just by adding that it could be a way better MMORPG.

Right now I’m feeling like a bulldozer roaming on everything for some gold at the end after killing a boss I don’t even know. xD

It would be cool to clarify the story and causalities of the world aswell so players can be more thrilled to face ennemies they know for a cause instead of just killing some random ennemies and bosses
Not that I dislike the game I think it could be a great improvement too make the lore more interesting and enjoyable.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

asommers
01-03-2024, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately, most players:
a) skip this to get straight to the action
b) will want a way to disable it, negating its purpose
c) encounter lore/story at inopportune times (combat) and so we currently limit lore/story to NPC conversations and shouts.
d) don't speak English very well

We have recently added support for "stories", or mini-cutscenes between the player and NPCs that can unravel game lore. We'll figure out where we can use this.

-ALS