PDA

View Full Version : Cooling down koal

Busterbiebe
10-23-2012, 12:47 PM
🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨. Hello! I'm lvl 70 at last but I'm stuck in magma field because none of the teams I fight with know how to beat koal. Will anybody plz help me beat him? Ty

xcainnblecterx
10-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Pray....so far noone has figured it out I think

wvhills
10-23-2012, 02:03 PM
i figured it out. the only way to beat him is to have several elixired mages in ur party and hope they all don't die at the same time. earlier this morning i was in a group with 1 on thrashers, me on 3x blessing AND 2x combo elixir and the rest had damage and tank pots or blessings. He wiped us twice. I was one shotted twice (this is on 4.5x tank pot with angel gear). This is what we get when the devs design the bosses with thrasher users in mind. If ur after a quest just abandon it. If ur after gear then farm gold and just buy it from the thrasher users who are running together in the plat per run map.

Drizzid
10-23-2012, 02:12 PM
He just got nerfed in the latest update, I'm sure he'll be much easier now.

Treenire
10-23-2012, 02:21 PM
One bear, two birds and two mages. Lure koal out abit, mages concernrate on heal, buffs and rev. Birds range and the bear just keeps him pinned. This tends to work whenever My friends and I have done koal. Sometimes theres a trasher, but the majority of the time people have there blessings which arents always combos.

Energizeric
10-23-2012, 02:44 PM
I had 3x combo yesterday, and with new beastly gear (scythe) I can pretty much solo him with a 3x elixir. It just helps if I got a mage to spam heal me so I don't have to spam pots.

wvhills
10-23-2012, 03:13 PM
energizeric please add Wvhills. I'd love to see you solo him.
Treenire, you add me too because I'd also love to see a group with no thrashers fight him.

When are all you super elite players on? It seems like everyone on forums solos him or is in groups that beat him with no thrashers but when I'm on everyone gets on hit.
Must be bad timing for me. ;)

StompArtist
10-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I have solo'ed him with 2 other players.

LwMark
10-23-2012, 03:18 PM
energizeric please add Wvhills. I'd love to see you solo him.
Treenire, you add me too because I'd also love to see a group with no thrashers fight him.

When are all you super elite players on? It seems like everyone on forums solos him or is in groups that beat him with no thrashers but when I'm on everyone gets on hit.
Must be bad timing for me. ;)

U cant solo him yet?? Jk
Im guna go try, i solod dragonet before but on a 1.5 blessing, worth a shot

FluffNStuff
10-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I have solo'ed him with 2 other players.

I can attest to this, as I was soloing with him with the three of them.

wvhills
10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I can attest to this, as I was soloing with him with the three of them.

i wasn't there. I was busy soloing overlord by myself with my level 43 int bird. it wasn't that hard either.

Energizeric
10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Solo means by yourself, not with others LOL. And yes, last night I was with a group of 4 others who all died almost instantly, and while they laid there dead I finished off KOAL by myself. Of course I had the help of the 3x combo elixir. Unfortunately today I don't have a combo elixir anymore and I'm not going to buy one just to prove I can do it. But let's just say I used about 50 health pots in the process and it took no more than a minute maybe. I just kept spamming the health pots and had the attack on auto, which for the lvl75 scythe, works pretty well.

Bless
10-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Guys,

Chill the boss has been nerfed. I could solo him with my 1.25 combo. But the focus is not soloing it's teamwork.

Bebsi
10-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey Robert, u can solo him now. Seems like they really nerfed him.
I just tried twice with 3x blessing... Doesn't mean that u never die tho if the mob groups up with the boss ^_^

wvhills
10-24-2012, 07:28 AM
yeah, he's nerfed big time. I just me and fluff and stomp just soloed him together. Thanks sts!

McBain
10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Great, they changed KOAL from being a challenge to being a complete pushover. He might as well be a Humania boss. People asked for bosses that require strategy. They got it. Then they complain it's too hard. Sigh.....

Hopefully they also lowered his drop rates, because that was supposed to be the "reward" for his level of difficulty.

wvhills
10-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Great, they changed KOAL from being a challenge to being a complete pushover. He might as well be a Humania boss. People asked for bosses that require strategy. They got it. Then they complain it's too hard. Sigh.....

Hopefully they also lowered his drop rates, because that was supposed to be the "reward" for his level of difficulty.

so, what was the "strategy" to use for koal? Making an boss that can one hit thrasher users may be hard but it's not a strategy. I'm one of those who was asking for bosses that required a strategy but that's not what we got with koal.

McBain
10-24-2012, 02:07 PM
There were many strategies posted both here and in other threads. Simply put, the key was to avoid his "wave," which was what killed you. In many ways, it wasn't much different than Gurgox or Snake Charmer (before he got nerfed). That was one of the beauties of it, because it didn't really matter if you were elixired or not. Thrasher users, though...they can't be bothered to figure out anything out. All they know is they died whenever they tried to rush the boss, so therefore he must be OP.

ebehiozury
03-26-2014, 08:48 AM
There were many strategies posted both here and in other threads. Simply put, the key was to avoid his "wave," which was what killed you. In many ways, it wasn't much different than Gurgox or Snake Charmer (before he got nerfed). That was one of the beauties of it, because it didn't really matter if you were elixired or not. Thrasher users, though...they can't be bothered to figure out anything out. All they know is they died whenever they tried to rush the boss, so therefore he must be OP. that point was right on.ty

Stevenmc
03-26-2014, 08:51 AM
He necroed, from 2012, yet about the current cap boss.

Chopper
03-26-2014, 09:38 AM
They nerfed him? How sad.

The game is supposed to be challenging and fun, not a push over because people complained.

From before the nerf, the trick was speed. You need to put as much damage on him as possible before his minions activated and his waves hit you a few times. Always have your mana shield or armour or other buffs started on max when you approach him to survive the first wave attack. it helps to have a mage stand back a bit to rev and not get hit by the waves. if the party fails, they should respawn and not lie there waiting for a mage to rev because you want your party to be at max health and mana when you attack again. When you sit there and get revved, you have half health, etc.

Ks_Leon
03-26-2014, 10:22 AM
necro

actually i like koal one shot dead that can be avoid by using orb like gurgox or something else.Thats good for in PvE strategy.More challenge more fun.