PDA

View Full Version : Did S.T.S Really Care About The Cap Raise

Germbot
10-23-2012, 06:28 PM
So I've been checking out s.t.s new cap raise for the past couple of weeks . Ive noticed a few things in which sts Really didn't care about.

-all of the armors are exactly "the same"
S.T.S just changed the color and name ,but does that really take that much work .

...For Ex, uraz' inquisitor grips , they are the exact same thing as lvl 40aans. Embrace ,but with a different color, warfathers sting and the ruthless annihilator same thing but different colors, darakth centurion shockrail and eye of zure same thing but different colors,tuturras wrath void lance disruptors same thing but different colors.

The weapons you can clearly see
they took no time making, now to
the maps.

-The map levels are remade maps are instated in the game with a few addons
And some scorn scattered around the whole place.

-The bosses i would say i would have to give s.t.s credit for the bosses because they were focused on ,i think durrex is a great boss and extremely challenging and zyra hes ok but ,they should have added more bosses.

-Arbiter vanities the commando ,engineer,operative new arbiter back vanities were not anywhere near what a arbiter vanity should be all the time and effort put into getting them they should be worth it the helmet and the chestplate were easily the greatest arbiters of the whole set "i wouldve not liked it if you showed us the whole set "but others have different opinions.

- Overall id have to say that s.t.s have not put time an effort into the update ,us having to wait 10 months for a new cap you shouldve atleast showed us your greatest.

-Others feel free to post your opinion on this forum this is to find out what others think.

EgyLegend
10-23-2012, 06:40 PM
I think there shd have been more new maps cuz 3 maps isnt really tht mch..however on the other hand thy made this new line of weapons like hard 6 n homestead n stuff, also we cant expect too mch on SL update while AL is hittin the stores soon after it :-D

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Not going to help, but here's a post of what I thought; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69907-when-is-next-cap-raise&p=807193&viewfull=1#post807193

Corpser
10-23-2012, 06:53 PM
i like the armors (closed visors would have been nicer xD) i was very disappointed in the arbiters but then the xp is not alot sooo it evens out but the maps i love them especially tarsa <3

StompArtist
10-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Ressources are on AL. Sorry to the 4 people playing SL.

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Resources are on AL. Sorry to the 4 people playing SL.

Says the one that's main game is a Fashion Show xD (That SL funded also)

Fao
10-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Maybe you didn't think very well but, it's scorn 2 right? So the items should be similar, right? They are more powerful, the 'weapons' look similar to the scorn 1 items, but the armor is completely different! So why complain?

StompArtist
10-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Says the one that's main game is a Fashion Show xD (That SL funded also)

I r waiting for AL sir. No main game anymore.

Iron Hand
10-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Some of the new armor was cool but most of the stuff is redrawn from older items in previous updates. Scorn crusade maps were fun but sl does not have enough end game content to keep vet players interest. DL has a decent pvp system that is fun but it to is severally flawed in that it takes too long to join a match. My only hope is where these games have seemed to fail AL will excel.

Kraze
10-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Just saying pl has had same junk drops for close to 5 caps. There is always some recycle just the nature of the beast

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 07:37 PM
I r waiting for AL sir. No main game anymore.

Good answer! I can now start respecting you again xD

Elyseon
10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Thats what i heard(gear being the same)
And since the only reason i ever play sl is for the gear, i havent touched this cap

StompArtist
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Good answer! I can now start respecting you again xD

Well let's not go too far! :P

akfury
10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
To much recycled content... Buff said

*Zero*
10-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Ressources are on AL. Sorry to the 4 people playing SL.

2 and half now, i left.

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Thats what i heard(gear being the same)
And since the only reason i ever play sl is for the gear, i havent touched this cap

Can't fault ya. Be good to see the godly ely/EL E/Ely in God mode again, AL is all we can hope for at this time at least.

Zaonabiuibil
10-23-2012, 08:47 PM
2 and half now, i left.

I think my other half got blown off from a Voleria mine 10 months ago. When the cap was first raised....

Deathpunch
10-23-2012, 08:51 PM
I think there shd have been more new maps cuz 3 maps isnt really tht mch..however on the other hand thy made this new line of weapons like hard 6 n homestead n stuff, also we cant expect too mch on SL update while AL is hittin the stores soon after it :-D

Lol, this post makes me giggle. Complaining about not having enough maps when you can't even bother to use all of the letters in the words that make up your complaint.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

asifaiab
10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
wow i cant belive i never noticed that i just focus on my health and my skills nothing else lol

markymarx
10-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Germbot .. you are absolutely correct about what you say. STS sees SL as their least important game and this is why SL is clearly understaffed. The weapons and armor are recolored, vular recolored, scorn recolored , the hive weapons were very cool though.
It sounds harsh what you say but arbiters pieces SHOULD NOT have been exposed especially the cow hoof engi boots which look like 80s golden cow hooves. I hope they still can change them.

I give them credit on STS25 map design, Its nice to be on earth. But the enemies?? They just got the SAME OLD scorn, boosted their damage health armor and push skills, and nothing else. Somebody needs to work on their AI because they come and attack u from very far away then when u almost kill them they just go back and regen.

Sts engine needs an update. Ive spent so much time on SL that sometimes I feel its an obligation or a chore to play. But slowly I realize that the game isnt as smooth or as creative as it started off being. Now I play because of you guys, the community. To see who I can say hi to when I login. To pvp and see new faces.

I hope something changes here soon.

ArtofWar
10-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Why is everybody complaining about that? The new lvlcap is amazing!

*Zero*
10-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Why is everybody complaining about that? The new lvlcap is amazing!

Sure the "Maps" was nice. But then we got no customs, no last skill, no passives recycled items and the coms back vanity is just plain ughh.
But i understand now why we didnt get these items. SL had a limited funding and did what they could to try to please the players. It worked for 2-3 days once everyone capped.
Now was 10 months of waiting worth all of what we got? Some say yes, but most say no. This is just my thoughts and feedback.

gison
10-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Lols. And what's funny is I barely see any devs posting on SL forums

ArtofWar
10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Sure the "Maps" was nice. But then we got no customs, no last skill, no passives recycled items and the coms back vanity is just plain ughh.
But i understand now why we didnt get these items. SL had a limited funding and did what they could to try to please the players. It worked for 2-3 days once everyone capped.
Now was 10 months of waiting worth all of what we got? Some say yes, but most say no. This is just my thoughts and feedback.
Well.. i like the new lvlcap BUT that wasn't worth to wait for 10 months..

Technique
10-26-2012, 08:47 AM
No platinum gear, no custom gear, no set bonuses, no new vanities, re-used weapons, re-used maps, poorly designed cap vanities.

Only new thing in this level cap is the armors, ill be back when they start caring more about making a good game and less about there wallets.

ArtofWar
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
No platinum gear, no custom gear, no set bonuses, no new vanities, re-used weapons, re-used maps, poorly designed cap vanities.

Only new thing in this level cap is the armors, ill be back when they start caring more about making a good game and less about there wallets.
._.

Cahaun
10-26-2012, 10:29 AM

Hit the nail with the hammer... or the hammer with the nail? Right here!

ArtofWar
10-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Hit the nail with the hammer... or the hammer with the nail? Right here!

lmao

Astrocat
10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
So I've been checking out s.t.s new cap raise for the past couple of weeks . Ive noticed a few things in which sts Really didn't care about

-all of the armors are exactly "the same"
S.T.S just changed the color and name ,but does that really take that much work

...For Ex, uraz' inquisitor grips , they are the exact same thing as lvl 40aans. Embrace ,but with a different color, warfathers sting and the ruthless annihilator same thing but different colors, darakth centurion shockrail and eye of zure same thing but different colors,tuturras wrath void lance disruptors same thing but different colors

The weapons u can clearly see they took no time making, now to the maps

-the map levels are remade maps are instated in the game with a few addons
And some scorn scattered around the whole place

-the bosses i would say i would have to give s.t.s credit for the bosses because they were focused on ,i think durrex is a great boss and extremely chalenging and zyra hes ok but ,they should have added more bosses

-arbiter vanities the commando ,engineer,operative new arbiter back vanities were not anywhere near what a arbiter vanity should bee all the time and effort put into getting them they should be worth it the helmet and the chestplate were easily the greatest arbiters of the whole set "i wouldve not liked it if you showed us the whole set "but others have different opinions

- overall id have to say that s.t.s have not put time an effort into the update ,us having to wait 8months for a new cap you shouldve atleast showed us your greatest

-others feel free to post your opinion on this forum this is to find out what others think

Yes they did.

Astrocat
10-26-2012, 12:25 PM
No i'm joking, yeah I agree they didn't care.

Cahaun
10-26-2012, 12:28 PM
You confused me, Astro! :confused:

Astrocat
10-26-2012, 12:31 PM
You confused me, Astro! :confused:

Confused me self too :/

Szangheili
10-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I agree, for some reason they don't care about this game.. IMO, it's the best out of all the "legends" game they created... And it deserves a lot more attention.

markymarx
10-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Yah its the best . This or pl are the two best because dl is wack. The only reason so many players play dl is because you can curse each other out til your fingers are tired of typing and it is mature content. So many perverts in that game lol .
So do u guys think sts still has a chance to correct their mistakes? I hope they do in the next level cap. I am going to take a break as well. If you see me in-game, tell me to log out. This bad update will hopefully help my SL addiction.

Battlegrinder
10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Personally, I liked this expansion (especial if you factor in all the new content STS added before it came out, from infested deck onwards). I'll be the first to admit it wasn't what I'd hoped for, but it was about as good as I expected. Were some of the weapon recycled from older versions? Yes. Could the same be said for almost every other item in the game? Yes, and this update even included new weapon designs (lvl 46 items).
I'd have say the new maps aren't as unique as people were hoping, but they also aren't as recycled as people say.
Finally, I like that they added new mechanics, like the drone followers in AI Core, and have continued to create a interesting story for the game (though not exactly an original one).

Snakespeare
10-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Anyone who played PL for the last few years would expect these things in SL. They re-use a lot of things. They always have. It saves bitspace. The point is to level and get the optimal gear. So there's no need for fancy graphics of gear people will only liquidate, and there's no need to create all new map textures when people will just grind through them to cap and stop playing again. They just need the elite stuff to look elite. The rest can all be copies for all I care.

Szangheili
10-26-2012, 02:42 PM
True what snake is saying, but at least make the "elite" armor/weapons look better... The engi suit is atrocious.

markymarx
10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Hmm... honestly, they can still redeem themselves in next level cap. Hopefully they let us (the community) give them idead and even designs with more contests. A lot of good imagination and artists in these forums. You can tell that the original devs were genius. The concepts they made of pvp and pve had great balance. Pvp fights used to be a good length and now they can last 15 - 30 minute s (personally I believe skill ranks should be higher but thats another post?) The vanities such as xray mecha squid scorn mark etc need to be replaced with different vanities that are just as difficult to get. But thats a different post too.

Demoknight
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Totally agreed! Didn't bother with creativity at all.

Babbare
11-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Plain and simple really, but that Wraith Vanity Event was something "fresh" that the STS has done for a while for me at least. Actually enjoyed hunting for the Cloaks, Cowl, and then the MIGHTY Wraith(:. Lol, but I still think they don't care about us that much tho.

flashbackflip
11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Now I play because of you guys, the community. To see who I can say hi to when I login. To pvp and see new faces.

I hope something changes here soon.

agree

This bad update will hopefully help my SL addiction.

it helped mine for sure