PDA

View Full Version : Dragon drops.

Superduper
10-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm ticked. I have been playing since this game came out (took a break during nuri and fang). Ever since I heard about dragon drops at fang, I have been farming for it with luck elixes after I cap. I have poured hundreds of dollars and time into this game.

Then I see a level 60 who started playing less than a month ago walk into a random feast run and get a blue dragon armor drop. He doesn't even know how or where to equip it. He wasn't using an elixir, as I'm sure he doesn't know what those are either.

Tonight I was farming with a guildy in feast and I was thrashing (just regular). We saw a few pinks here and there, then I get a l65 pink without re roll. If I'm not mistaken, if it would've rerolled, would it have been dragon? Because to my knowledge an l65 pink is the highest on the fang loot table before dragon. Needless to say, I'm ticked.

connerlee12
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
pink can re-roll into another pink, but it isnt necessarily a dragon
tbh, a dragon could be gotten orioginallky n then elixir reroll activates n reorolls it into a differnt pink == trolled
also iots called luck
that lv60 was vry lucky u cant complain about it tho bro
i feel sry for u tho man Dx

Superduper
10-23-2012, 11:11 PM
The way I interpret that luck elixes work, is that you can only reroll up. I don't know. I could be getting mad for no reason and the pink I got was basically worthless, so I just gave it away. I'm just tired of never being bale to get a dragon drop. I can buy it, but then I wouldn't treasure it as much.

LwMark
10-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Dragons are pinks, pink dont roll into dragons. Its ALL LUCK.
The complainin u did here yu coulda farmed a drag.
See u n feast yo ;)

Mage till the end
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
The drop rate got a spoof up seems like. Capped to 71 jumped in a run an boom a red helm for this dude

Walkhardd
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
I still think they don't exist and I'm being trolled by the whole community.

Superduper
10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
See u n feast yo ;)

Bout done with dragon farming. I'm going to get my crafted set and go back to PvP

Energizeric
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM
pinks don't reroll into other pinks. They way it works is each color has a drop table. So for example, if you get a pink, perhaps 2% of pinks are dragon items, the others are other pinks. All the reroll does is bump you from one color up to the next. Once you get a pink, it is still very rare to get a dragon item and no elixir is going to help that.

LwMark
10-23-2012, 11:52 PM
See u n feast yo ;)

Bout done with dragon farming. I'm going to get my crafted set and go back to PvP

Ok good luck, More drags for me ;)

McBain
10-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Luck elixirs aren't much, if any, help when it comes to farming dragon gear since purples drop so rarely. In fact, they don't drop at all in the main campaign of Fang. People have said they drop in Feast, but personally I have yet to see a purple drop that wasn't a re-roll from a green.

LwMark
10-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Luck elixirs aren't much, if any, help when it comes to farming dragon gear since purples drop so rarely. In fact, they don't drop at all in the main campaign of Fang. People have said they drop in Feast, but personally I have yet to see a purple drop that wasn't a re-roll from a green. purples do drop wo rerolls, ive seen one today a l61 get a purple wo a reroll, hr didnt have 100% reroll on an i told him he could got a pi.k if he had it, he just 3x bless and big luck, to bad coulda been drop, an seen many more

Fastcast
10-24-2012, 03:23 AM
To be honest ive spent 12 hour days doing feast and seen no dragon for 2 days and on the 3rd day there was 8 dragon drops in a 12 hour period no lie. Believe it or not, I got my 2 out of it. Just grind away an Ill bet you a mill you'll get 1. Might take a few days but that one lucky day will come around keep at it.

onemadzhau
10-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Reroll elixirs don't necessarily bumb u up to the next color, they reroll u to to a slightly more rare item, can be same color

Noelx
10-24-2012, 05:50 AM
I spent loads of platinum farming at fang and underground eruption, over 500 tbf and got nothing i really wanted which really *beeps* you off

AbsolutePally
10-24-2012, 04:12 PM
The way I interpret that luck elixes work, is that you can only reroll up. I don't know. I could be getting mad for no reason and the pink I got was basically worthless, so I just gave it away. I'm just tired of never being bale to get a dragon drop. I can buy it, but then I wouldn't treasure it as much.

You are mistaken. A purp if dropped without a reroll does not mean it will automatically reroll into a pink. The way it works is it gives you a second chance, and if the second drop you reolled is better you keep the better of the do, its not an upgrade. Think of it like this, you do 100 runs abs get 100 drops, if you had 100% luck the entire time it would be like you doing 200 runs except you're not getting the double drop just the possibility of the latter being better.

Energizeric
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
You are mistaken. A purp if dropped without a reroll does not mean it will automatically reroll into a pink. The way it works is it gives you a second chance, and if the second drop you reolled is better you keep the better of the do, its not an upgrade. Think of it like this, you do 100 runs abs get 100 drops, if you had 100% luck the entire time it would be like you doing 200 runs except you're not getting the double drop just the possibility of the latter being better.

Umm...when I get shamus elixir every single drop says "rerolled", 100% of them except occasionally a pink which doesn't because it's the highest color.

Rare
10-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Umm...when I get shamus elixir every single drop says "rerolled", 100% of them except occasionally a pink which doesn't because it's the highest color.

You are guaranteed a reroll which is what he said.

What he means is the item you get may be the rerolled item or the original depending on what you rerolled.

Basically you get the best of the two drops.

Azataso
10-24-2012, 05:27 PM
So if I farm for dragon without luck elix, I will have the same, if not more chance of getting a dragon than someone who is farming with 100% reroll?

Suentous PO
10-24-2012, 06:42 PM
No, you won't. Re-rolls do help your chances.

Energizeric
10-25-2012, 12:13 AM
You are guaranteed a reroll which is what he said.

What he means is the item you get may be the rerolled item or the original depending on what you rerolled.

Basically you get the best of the two drops.

Perhaps a developer can chime in about this.... What you say here is how I think it should work, but not how I think it actually does work. It seems to me you just get your drop upgraded one level. The reason I say this is that when farming with shamus, I get almost all purples. Yet when farming without shamus, I get almost all greens with only an occasional purple like 5% of the time. I can do the math.... If what you say is true, then I would still get mostly greens even with the reroll since most of the time the original and the reroll would both be green. Also, when farming with shamus, I've never once gotten an orange, but when farming without shamus I get plenty of oranges. You can't tell me that not once in thousands of items dropped was the original and the reroll both orange. I don't believe it works this way at all. I think it upgrades you one level 100% of the time. So you never get an orange because when you roll an orange, it is upgraded to green. And greens upgraded to purple -- this is why most drops end up being purple, because most drops without shamus are greens. And then you get the pink about 5% of the time which is the normal drop rate for purples.

If shamus worked the way you say, then your chance of a pink would be double that of farming without shamus. But it's not double, it's way higher than that. When I farmed Humania without shamus (before I bought plat ever) I got like 2 pinks in 4 weeks of playing. Once I started using Shamus, I would get pinks every day, sometimes 4 or 5 in the same day. The chance for pinks with shamus was not double, but was like 10 times higher, maybe even more.

Gragorak
10-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Yeah, Energizeric is right.