PDA

View Full Version : Question about Loot

DankCheddar
09-07-2010, 09:44 AM
So, I am new to the game (level 16 enchantress) and I have been wondering where I can start getting some of the epic loot. I am sure this has been asked on here already, but I couldnt find it. Does the good loot drop randomly from enemies? Or in another way? Please inform me, and let me know where I can go to find some of the best. Thanks!

King Richie
09-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Epic loot will be found in the more advanced levels when you become level 20 upwards there are pink weapons which are the really rare weapons !

Royce
09-07-2010, 09:53 AM
FYI, epic loot, in PL terminology, refers to purple items, the second rarest class. What you really want is Legendary loot, pinks, the rarest of all ;)
Anyway, there are a few level 14 and level 19 pinks for mages but they are not as common as pinks at higher levels. The best place to farm level 19 pinks is probably the hidden passage in Balefort town, accessed through the grate. However, you might outgrow them before you even finish farming them, so probably better to just focus on leveling for now, and try to get some pinks for when you hit around level 30 or so. Short of pinks, for low level mages, the green "Wizard's" class of items can be very useful since they each give you 1 M/s

DankCheddar
09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Ok, so I just need to continue to level up, then just look for drops? Are there specific chapters that have more drops? How often do legendary loot drop? And do they drop from just any enemy? Or just bosses? I think I have read about someone saying they got a pink item once they got 400 kills, is that true? Thanks in advance.

Royce
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Ok, so I just need to continue to level up, then just look for drops? Are there specific chapters that have more drops? How often do legendary loot drop? And do they drop from just any enemy? Or just bosses? I think I have read about someone saying they got a pink item once they got 400 kills, is that true? Thanks in advance.

Some places have better drop rates than others, but usually the places with the most bosses are best. Legendary loot has very low drop rates except for a few high level dungeons, notably plasma pyramid, but it will be a while before you have to worry about that. Common mobs can drop pinks, but very rarely, and it seems to be much less common in higher level campaigns (can't say I've ever seen a pink from a common mob in AO, but maybe). Minibosses can drop pinks, but usually not the best ones, and not as frequently as bosses. Bosses are the ones you want to take down if you are looking for legendary loot ;) Your kill count does not get you pinks, it is a meaningless stat, and that would be quite unfair to enchantresses who do not do the same damage or get as many kills as dex characters. Another thing to note is that, as you are progressing up in levels, you can find level 27 purples, and level 29 pinks in the last map of every campaign, the bone loot minidungeons, like Kings' Forest, Magic Castle, and Megamaze. Good luck, and feel free to add me, I might have some low level Wizard's gear I can give you. Probably best to add Fnordic who I usually play most often, but all my Wizard's gear is kept on Triada, so add them both if you want.