PDA

View Full Version : My Guide To Becoming A Pro Forum Police

Dalinuel
10-24-2012, 03:14 PM
First your job is to scan forums until you find a double post of another thread and promptly tell the op if they would have done a simple search they wouldn't of needed this thread in the first place! :eek:

Secondly... you can look for threads in wrong sections and its your duty to tell the op that this thread is in wrong section and it needs to be moved! :eek:

Well if any pro forum police have anything to add please post below :D

CrimsonTider
10-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Reported for making a thread.

Walkhardd
10-24-2012, 03:20 PM

Simply pm a Dev or mod plz.

StompArtist
10-24-2012, 03:20 PM
The punctuation is horrible in the original post of this thread.

CrimsonTider
10-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Simply pm a Dev or mod plz.

Second report for misspelling the word "hard".

Lowlyspy
10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Shouldn't this be in website and forum discussion? :rolleyes:

Matutd
10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
First your job is to scan forums until you find a double post of another thread and promptly tell the op if they would have done a simple search they wouldn't have needed this thread in the first place! :eek:

Secondly... you can look for threads in wrong sections and it's your duty to tell the op that this thread is in the wrong section and it needs to be moved! :eek:

Well if any pro forum police have anything to add please post below :D
This is the forum police! Come out with your hands up!

Noodleleg
10-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Second report for misspelling the word "hard".

...the word "hard."

Grammar patrol!

ninjaduck
10-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Aah the banter ;)

Iron Hand
10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Although I appluad your efforts I feel it should be kept to a friendly pm to the offender, after all they may not be aware of the search options or correct subject placement. When using the phone app version of forum there is no search option for subject matter. IMO it is better to pm than to call out the person posting in a public manner. If this is met with resistence or refusal to adhere to forum standards then simply make use of the report button under the thread and if you feel nessecary send a pm to a moderator. This avoids hard feelings between posters and flaming as well.

Just sending some well meaning advice to help and how i handle the forum violation misdemeaners. It is up to you all how you wish to handle it, i just feel giving the poster the benifit of doubt of being unaware should be considered first.

BodMaster
10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Didn't someone get a thread like this closed, and the get an infraction ;)

All the forum coppers beat me to it.

Noodleleg
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
This is the forum police! Come out with your hands up!

There is a run-on on the first sentence, and can be easily solved with a comma after search. The other two you bolded are completely correct, you phat derp.

Matutd
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
There is a run-on on the first sentence, and can be easily solved with a comma after search. The other two you bolded are completely correct, you phat derp.
The ones I wrote in bold font were actually the corrections of what was wrote. Just saying. Also, yes it could be corrected with a comma but i wasn't focusing on punctuation. Just for this, you have received a 200k fine and 3 points on your license.
Now, I advise you to give less cheek to officers. Next time you will receive a hefty sentence.

Noodleleg
10-24-2012, 06:10 PM
The ones Iwrote in bold font were actually the corrections of what you wrote. Just saying. Also, yes it could be corrected with a comma but either way worked fine and it still needed correcting. Just for this you have received a 200k fine and 3 points on your license.
Now, I advise you to give less cheek to officers. Next time you will receive a hefty sentence.

What'd I correct? :O

Matutd
10-24-2012, 06:13 PM
What'd I correct? :O
Didn't you say the others that I bolted were already correct?

Noodleleg
10-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Didn't you say the others that I bolted were already correct?

I'm wondering why you bolded them. Dan had those words in correct form... Why bold :O?

Matutd
10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm wondering why you bolded them. Dan had those words in correct form... Why bold :O?
He wrote "of" and "its". The correct terms are "have" and "it's".

Noodleleg
10-24-2012, 06:32 PM
He wrote "of" and "its". The correct terms are "have" and "it's".

Aha I see! I didn't see his original post :P! I thought you bolted it just fo sho!

Covert
10-24-2012, 06:37 PM
wow thats a good guide!

Covert
10-24-2012, 06:38 PM
wow thats a good guide!

StompArtist
10-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Although I appluad your efforts I feel it should be kept to a friendly pm to the offender, after all they may not be aware of the search options or correct subject placement. When using the phone app version of forum there is no search option for subject matter. IMO it is better to pm than to call out the person posting in a public manner. If this is met with resistence or refusal to adhere to forum standards then simply make use of the report button under the thread and if you feel nessecary send a pm to a moderator. This avoids hard feelings between posters and flaming as well.

Just sending some well meaning advice to help and how i handle the forum violation misdemeaners. It is up to you all how you wish to handle it, i just feel giving the poster the benifit of doubt of being unaware should be considered first.

I feel like I am being singled out when reading this post :(

Iron Hand
10-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Lmao @covert. police on the way. Run!

Iron Hand
10-24-2012, 06:44 PM

I feel like I am being singled out when reading this post :(

Sorry stompy was not trying to sinlge or offend anyone just simply sharing what i do to help people that are unaware of the mistake they made.

StompArtist
10-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Sorry stompy was not trying to sinlge or offend anyone just simply sharing what i do to help people that are unaware of the mistake they made.

It's ok. I understand, you made a mistake. :D

akfury
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Lol this thread made me laugh xD....

CrimsonTider
10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Lol this thread made me laugh xD....

Reported for laughing.

Elyseon
10-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Reported for policing without a title!!!!

Dalinuel
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM
lmao... this so called guide was made cause alot of people are new to the forums and maybe this was there first post of what they thought was important to them at the time and wanted others opinions on the topic.. but rather then discuss on the topic some people rather criticize the op for forum infractions that they are not aware of..so next time lets give the op a break and try not to scare them off from posting again...and i know my grammer and puncuation sux!:D

BodMaster
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
/reported Y So Serious?!

Elyseon
10-24-2012, 07:26 PM
lmao... this so called guide was made cause alot of people are new to the forums and maybe this was there first post of what they thought was important to them at the time and wanted others opinions on the topic.. but rather then discuss on the topic some people rather criticize the op for forum infractions that they are not aware of..so next time lets give the op a break and try not to scare them off from posting again...and i know my grammer and puncuation sux!:D

Hax moar plsss!

omg
10-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Reported for saying your going to report someone out loud

Oah wait...

Suentous PO
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
You made this guide solely for rep, you are a bad person and should not breed ever. You haven't attracted all the cops, greater tactics are needed.
Lik u shud hef wrut thz al moar beddur then u dids. Ifs yu ken tri mor negs tym dem mehbe i givs u repz dis tym u don try gud. Peepul be hepy wiv you wen u lern to imprez thm wit ur masiv vokabulary ahn perfek prunusiayshun.
Also you need to copy the first origional guide and change only by adding,
Hope this helps

Elyseon
10-24-2012, 09:07 PM
if u make thrad how tu murdur rep beggurz
i thenk u than

BodMaster
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Not like new "ely" had more rep than some have ever had before xD

Miss that dude :'(