PDA

View Full Version : 2012-10-25 Content Update (105455)

H2N
10-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Common items have been removed from the Halloween ghosts.
The number of non-event items (rares) in the loot tables for the Halloween ghosts has been reduced to increase chances for most event loot. Current scarcity of higher end event items will remain intact.

pandabubble
10-25-2012, 04:50 PM
yay!!

Sahrabee
10-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Woot hopefully i get that ghosty :D

thebane
Thanks you for removing the commonsand increasing drop rate

Totallymad
Good news, better says great!

Skeokateva
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Woohoo tyty totally stoked, was running dry on farming motivation :D

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Lady_Pebbles
10-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Ghost pet still remains hella rare. Smh. My luck is so bad with those types of items that I feel like giving up on this god forsaken game already. Lol

UnholyGoalie
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
yes!!!!

pandabubble
10-25-2012, 04:55 PM
i feel your pain thren!! rare drops hate me

BloodGoddess
10-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanx sts. :chuncky:

octavos
10-25-2012, 05:47 PM
This made my day, now if i see an orange ghost, it will be a cause of celebration

....now if i get a pet ghost.......

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR85eGtz2IMy5CKkSmdCJX0H8YzDbdyx HMnC8MIi4uOZ19O3N_7

or

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22707799.jpg

Lady_Pebbles
10-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Found orange ghost.... got green gem... common items STILL in orange ghosts... this is ridiculous.

Growwle
10-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Nice, now if I can only find an orange ghost.

friuas
10-25-2012, 07:09 PM
they shouldva made more costumes for Halloween

Kuero
10-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Found orange ghost.... got green gem... common items STILL in orange ghosts... this is ridiculous.

Read again, dear. They never said they removed the rares. They only removed the common drops and REDUCED the drop rate of the rares.

octavos
10-25-2012, 08:09 PM

I see from the people who spent millions for there ghost and wolfmask. This is really better odds, I have received better drops which is helping tons then before. I know these hard to come by maybe this update will help ease the prices a bit. I know thats probably what you dont want to hear....but if the event started with common vanity drops in the beginning all the vanity's will not cost more then 20k even after the event.

This helps push me to play DL, and since its a bit easy to earn cash in DL...buying the vanity's is a possible option for me :p. Thren, you know I lov ya and I agree with many points...but I really wanted this change to benefit all players.

p.s. My luck is also horrible XD

Growwle
10-26-2012, 03:36 AM

Green gems are not common items. I finally killed an orange ghost and only got a green gem myself, this is disappointing, but it does not contradict what the devs said. Also, it seems to me that more orange ghosts spawn in lower level instances (at least from what I have seen / heard). Good luck.

Carapace
10-26-2012, 10:50 AM

Common = white, Rare = Green

the quote from the patch notes states commons are removed, and rares have been reduced.

StompArtist
10-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Common = white, Rare = Green

the quote from the patch notes states commons are removed, and rares have been reduced.

Just a very small suggestion. Perhaps in the future patch notes could include colors? For example: "rare (green) have been modified to... blah blah blah". It could help avoid some frustrations with the OCD crowd. :D

Skeokateva
10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks again for the update i got the ghost for my bday drop today :D

redreign
10-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Where?

Lady_Pebbles
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
I know wtf a Rare is and its color indicator ya smartasrses lol. What Im saying is: When Rare items drop like Commons, they themselves become Common drops. Duh.

http://i50.tinypic.com/25p1gra.jpg

That's all from one run. Two were from Orange Ghosts (they usually drop green items, not Halloween items). Therefore, green gems are NOT rare ąt all but actually common drops. -.-

I stll believe event items shouldn't be so strictly rare. They're not going to drop anymore so no point in making them inflate prices. Smh. The economy went to crap already and this makes it worse. Add more drops that are rare and will remain in game, not event items that are limited and not everyone can get.

This drop system has been arse backwards from the jump. Smfh.

Sahrabee
10-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Happy birthday honey :)
Thanks again for the update i got the ghost for my bday drop today :D

Skeokateva
10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Happy birthday honey :)

Thank you bee:D

Mrsberry
10-27-2012, 12:20 AM
I have to agree with Thren this is an event these are not permanent dropable items there is no reason for them to be so rare. The orange ghost is pretty rare on its own and then when u finaly find one u get a green? I came across some luck once 3 orange ghost on one map but every one of them dropped a green.
I do feel there should be more rare halloween items then others but not to the point where there impossible to get. Why are these halloween ghosts even dropping anything other then halloween items? If u want more rare items in game make new permanent vanitys dont do it on an event that were suppose to enjoy but instead get stressed out about. I have to disagree with your reasoning behind makeing a limited time event items so rare.

redreign
10-27-2012, 02:00 AM
I had same 3 orange all green. I agree. It is getting rather boring.

Flamberge
10-27-2012, 01:15 PM
I do agree with the part that all Orange ghost should have drop Halloween vanity. It has been a headache itself to find Orange ghost. But then, imo there should be a common Halloween vanity that always drop and the rare Halloween vanity, just to put some spark for people to farm for the rare.

But then, in every decision there is always pro and con. It all depends on where we are looking at this things from.

Growwle
10-27-2012, 01:35 PM
null

I agree that the orange ghosts spawn infrequently enough that they could be made to only drop event items and it would not make too much of a difference. I personally like the drop rates in DL, because that is what makes the DL economy better than SL or PL. Do you want it so we can't earn enough gold to buy blood packs, like stims in PL?

redreign
10-27-2012, 06:07 PM
I am getting bored of playing for 5 hours, getting 4 orange ghosts and all green gems.

Sam_Arah
10-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I couldnt get ghost to drop, nor could I afford it outright with gold in auction house ... had to trade gold and something that I valued in my stashables to obtain it. Cant others do this?

Drop rates in DL is fine if your lucky, if not, then get it through means of a trade or auction house. This just means you have to give up something of value (1) gold, (2) stashable item, or (3) both. I find it hard to believe that some people have not gotten drops (whether it be this event, or others) with the amount of times I see or hear of them farming maps.

The relic hammer, now that has a terrible drop rate, even for a permanent (is it?) drop.

Fao
10-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Ghost pet still remains hella rare. Smh. My luck is so bad with those types of items that I feel like giving up on this god forsaken game already. Lol
Don't put your head down! LET'S GET TO FARMIN'!!!!!!! Meet ya in-game;)

phokingcrazy
10-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Have anyone thought about it , maybe its the way you have to kill
(white ghost) or (orange ghost) to get better drops. Iam Just saying ,
cuz I have no problems with how they drop. You win some & you lose some.
Cuz if every (og ghost) drops vanitys every time it'll make most vanity useless.
( Just my thoughts )

Aurianah
10-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Rare drops never drop for me but it seems like everyone else has them wether they bought them or hunted for it, my luck is so bad in this game

UnholyGoalie
10-28-2012, 02:11 AM
I think the orange ghosts are more rare then any item on the game! lol i havent see one in over two days! Final thought...are christmas ghosts gonna be green or red?...or like a candycane? lol maybe with little elf costumes on? :)

WinterKate
10-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Thank you for this update. I will always try to get that ghost! :)

Tenebrific
10-29-2012, 05:58 AM
I'll wait for AL to come out n I'll play it.
I'm tired to farm in vain in DL.
Gl to all.

HunterSLAYER
10-29-2012, 06:25 AM
If only a dev would just listen to the players for once and raise the event loot drop rates to the same as Pl and Sl's then people wouldn't complain.

Sts games are supposed to be mobile mmos not full scale mmorpgs that make you grind seemingly forever for a virtual item.

Also, the no. Of people ragequitting when they didn't manage to farm an item after many days would be greatly reduced.

Just my 2cents.