PDA

View Full Version : Will the AL beta keys be only given out to the more "favored" sts forum users?

EliB
10-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm a bit concerned and i'm not gonna lie, a bit paranoid too.. I recently made my new sts forum account I would say roughly 4 days ago due to account that I forgot my password completely from my former sts forum account "thisguy0502" lol :s but i was concerned about the release of beta keys for AL which are confirmed

Beta!beta!beta!beta!beta! Sry im so excited why dont release the beta now?:D

It's not... quite... ready yet. But soon! :D
I was wondering that me being "technically" new to the sts forums will get a disadvantage against other longer more committed sts forum users on the release to the AL beta keys?? Or will they give them out like they gave them out on SL beta keys?? Where everyone has an equal chance on getting a beta key? Help lol :S

akfury
10-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Apply for the AL news letter on AL website ^^ you'll be among the first to know

EliB
10-25-2012, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the info :)

*Zero*
10-26-2012, 06:06 AM
Like Ak said, visit arcanelegendsgame.com and register your email So you can stay up to date on all AL beta news.

Seiyen
10-26-2012, 08:10 AM
I doubt al will have beta, well fingers crossed :)

xxteargodxx
10-26-2012, 09:00 AM
So as long as we are subscribed to the e-mail for AL we are guaranteed to be in the beta if there is one..?

ninjaduck
10-26-2012, 09:13 AM
More favoured = longer users of the forums
long use of the forums = more time to prove yourself

I doubt there will be a private beta, but an answer to your question, yes.

*Zero*
10-26-2012, 11:17 AM
So as long as we are subscribed to the e-mail for AL we are guaranteed to be in the beta if there is one..?

No you are not guaranteed, Just guaranteed to get info about it.

akfury
10-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info :)

Your welcome :)

PvE
10-26-2012, 12:29 PM
If there is a beta it will be browser/andriod and what typically happens with most mmorpgs is they put like 200 beta code on sites like mmorpg.com or other sponsored sites. First 200 to claim get access. We will all get the info at the same time just google every day arcane beta codes and check email daily. Chances are like most betas ive been in that they have beta codes up on sites like mmorpg before the actual email, kinda my inside tip to get into betas first for games. :) No one will have an advantage except disadvantage to those who dont have email to signup. Another tip is to set notifications for emails so you see if you get an email for spacetimestudios as soon as released. I customized mine to only show notifications for my AL folder which arcane legend emails are put when recieved. Win

Samhayne
10-26-2012, 12:29 PM

Like much in life, there are no guarantees. We do really appreciate your enthusiasm for Arcane Legends!

PvE
10-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Like much in life, there are no guarantees. We do really appreciate your enthusiasm for Arcane Legends!

Only guarantee is of flying manatees. & game will be coming soon beta or not. Even if you miss beta you will have no real gameplay disadvantage over others.

Szangheili
10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Gah! I've been so excited for this game, I seriously want to try out the warrior and Mage class ^_^ Will there be any info on the skills yet? O.o

EliB
10-26-2012, 02:54 PM
More favoured = longer users of the forums
long use of the forums = more time to prove yourself

I doubt there will be a private beta, but an answer to your question, yes.

Ahh thank you "private beta" was the word I was looking for, lol it was bugging me the whole time I was writing the thread :p

dudetus
10-26-2012, 06:27 PM
If the beta is like via Verizon...

Well let's just say it doesn't favor finns.

razerfingers
10-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Theese threads make me lol :P

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Cero
10-27-2012, 03:32 AM

Sigh. If i knew that signing up would give u a chance to get in beta.... Facepalm

akfury
10-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Sigh. If i knew that signing up would give u a chance to get in beta.... Facepalm

Lol cero hurry!!!!!

Mage till the end
10-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Hehe can't wait

Cero
10-30-2012, 03:51 AM

Lol cero hurry!!!!!

Hehe i Applied at sept26 i just confirm it today... No hope for betaT_T

akfury
10-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Well none of us really do have hope for it ... Just praying ^^

Growwle
10-31-2012, 01:19 PM

Lol cero hurry!!!!!

STS never said that signing up for the newsletter would get you into beta, they only said that you would be one if the first to know when / if there is a beta.

Fyrce
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't get why beta matters to people so much. If you already test games, then you've already been there. They generally like people in beta who'll explore, try things, and comment in a constructive manner. Prove that and you'll probably end up on multiple betas with multiple game developers.

If not, then just wait for public games.

STS emails their audience and I think there's some email targetting, so take that as you will.

Read up on game development and you'll see lots of games being developed and tested.

Cero
11-01-2012, 07:03 AM

Lol cero hurry!!!!!

STS never said that signing up for the newsletter would get you into beta, they only said that you would be one if the first to know when / if there is a beta.

Then how do they hand out beta keys? Forum account? Snail mails? Text?

Anyways beta testing has been started ask "them".

*Zero*
11-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Then how do they hand out beta keys? Forum account? Snail mails? Text?

Anyways beta testing has been started ask "them".

Unless a Dev has came out and said it I would ignore it.

akfury
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Unless a Dev has came out and said it I would ignore it.

Would be easier if they just came out and did a open beta...

Vystirch
11-01-2012, 08:14 PM
They released al in Canada and Australia! I don't think there is hope of a Beta now :(

LwMark
11-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Beta is over