PDA

View Full Version : A word from the devs on this?

Yich
10-26-2012, 12:13 AM
A new popular thing Ive seen is high levels getting into a low level halloween dungeon and just running past all the enemies straight to the boss spawn. I know what you're thinking "Oh but you have to kill a certain amount of players first". The other players join shortly after the high levels so they just kill all the monsters while the high level sneaks to the spawn and kills all the monsters in the spawn room and near it. What happens is that the newer, lower level unsuspecting player kills all the monsters while the higher level AFK leeches until the boss spawns and kills the boss without anyone else getting a drop. This is so rude it's not even funny. I'd understand it being ok if we could host our own games and boot people like this, but we cant. I also know someone got banned during the forgotten event for bringing a fragx or two to the spawn room and getting everyone spawn killed. Can a big warning be given to keep this from happening? Thanks in advance.

Kraze
10-26-2012, 12:29 AM
It's midnight in sts land. Won't be any word for 12 hours or so

Yich
10-26-2012, 12:32 AM
It's midnight in sts land. Won't be any word for 12 hours or so

I see. Do you think there is anything they'd do about this?

LwMark
10-26-2012, 12:33 AM
They wont

Yich
10-26-2012, 12:53 AM
They wont

Any reasoning or logic behind this half of a statement?

LADYHADASSA
10-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Agree on this post seriousley why are lvl 40+ in any lvl 10 map? Again i see many high lvl players in my main charecter friends list who are rude and self serving in a low lvl map. If they want a lvl 10-15 make a twink simple.. Thanks for this post agree 100 percent

Fyrce
10-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Kill on the route to the boss room. You don't have to kill all. Get to boss room about 11-15 count and you'll get boss while you are inside the room (boss spawn count is 7). As in, it's ok to run to boss room while killing. You'll end up in the boss room as boss spawns. No one steals your kill then.

discounts
10-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Agree on this post seriousley why are lvl 40+ in any lvl 10 map? Again i see many high lvl players in my main charecter friends list who are rude and self serving in a low lvl map. If they want a lvl 10-15 make a twink simple.. Thanks for this post agree 100 percent

your other thread you said dont complain and just have fun but here you are crying.

Riccits
10-26-2012, 02:52 AM
lol every year the same complain threads...

LwMark
10-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Any reasoning or logic behind this half of a statement?

thats y

Yich
10-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Kill on the route to the boss room. You don't have to kill all. Get to boss room about 11-15 count and you'll get boss while you are inside the room (boss spawn count is 7). As in, it's ok to run to boss room while killing. You'll end up in the boss room as boss spawns. No one steals your kill then.

That's not my problem. My problem is people joining and not killing anything. I dont understand why, as they could press a few skills while walking and kill enough for boss to spawn, but they dont. Then when me and 3 other low levels are 15 seconds behind them, we have to wait for the monsters to walk all the way back, then kill them and then continue clearing the map. By this point the guy who ran ahead has cleared the boss room and the boss will spawn sometime when we are killing monsters. They then proceed to kill the boss and get a drop only for themself.

xcainnblecterx
10-26-2012, 03:03 AM
I find it fun pawning low lvl enimes in my mage disguise, give me break from big bad koal and red dragon. Don't see why other high lvls make it seem so hard to kill in one hit -.- guess lvl 10-19 enimes to tough for em

vle_hoang
10-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Some ppl even spread rummors that if you kill the witch, you dont get pinks. Idk where those rumors come from but i got fews pinks when i clear all mobs.

Waug
10-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Here's a small solution,
Lets spread another rumor -
MORE PEOPLES AT BOSS, BETTER LOOT.

nmyxspaceship
10-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Not complaints just more of feedback. This Halloween was not exactly what we were use to seeing from sts. Which is a good thing but I mean look high level leeches are ruining gameplay experience and fairness for lower levels.

Piosidon
10-26-2012, 06:29 AM

Why do I feel like you might be a cause to some of them?..
Because pretty much the same thing happened last year too.
Tbh the only difference between last year and this year are new drops and a longer map

Rare
10-26-2012, 07:15 AM
A new popular thing Ive seen is high levels getting into a low level halloween dungeon and just running past all the enemies straight to the boss spawn. I know what you're thinking "Oh but you have to kill a certain amount of players first". The other players join shortly after the high levels so they just kill all the monsters while the high level sneaks to the spawn and kills all the monsters in the spawn room and near it. What happens is that the newer, lower level unsuspecting player kills all the monsters while the higher level AFK leeches until the boss spawns and kills the boss without anyone else getting a drop. This is so rude it's not even funny. I'd understand it being ok if we could host our own games and boot people like this, but we cant. I also know someone got banned during the forgotten event for bringing a fragx or two to the spawn room and getting everyone spawn killed. Can a big warning be given to keep this from happening? Thanks in advance.

I've seen that. It really sucks.

Pakax
10-26-2012, 07:19 AM
it used to be worse, when a higher lvl would join a map, all enemies would rise to that high lvl, making it impossible for lower lvls to even stay alive.
In the case of a high level doing that in your game, I suggest you follow him by health potting your life away, or just stay at the entrance. They will feel stupid at the boss when it doesnt spawn.

Griffinfan
10-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Depending on how high of level you are above the game your joining, the drops rates for you are wayyyy lower. For instance I ran a 76 in a lvl 20-29 dungeon and didn't get a drop in 20 runs, but got a purple in first run in 70 dungeon.

Rare
10-26-2012, 08:20 AM

I've done this a few times (very boring I must say). However, I always kill everything on the way and I will wait for everyone at the boss spawn if they are lagging.

wvhills
10-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Iformidable is bad about doing this. I just saw him in 2 runs do the same thing. I asked him to stop and he said he couldn't because of elixirs. I asked why did he need elixir for low level maps and he said for reroll.

Zapoke
10-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Depending on how high of level you are above the game your joining, the drops rates for you are wayyyy lower. For instance I ran a 76 in a lvl 20-29 dungeon and didn't get a drop in 20 runs, but got a purple in first run in 70 dungeon.

Sucks for you. I got more pink drops than my friend did on his 26 twink in the same dungeon.

As for this problem.. I haven't witnessed it yet. :/ While I do understand the problem with this, I don't see the problem with high levels in low level dungeons, I mean, every other lowbie map is accessible to high levels. I do, however, see a problem with low levels in high level dungeons. I've seen several level 1's in 26 and 70+ games. For obvious reasons, there is no way these people could contribute to the group.

asashaol
10-26-2012, 08:33 AM
on my l61 i was running with come friends in a 15-19 game , i got pink black cat shield and pink fiendish shrunken head.......in the first 5 runs, just bad luck i guess , cus iv been farming alot in low levels on my 61 and 70 and iv looted quiet alot with no elixer

CrimsonTider
10-26-2012, 08:38 AM
I actually agree with you on this, Yich. I have been farming low levels and this has occurred too many times and they ARE killing the boss before everyone can get there. No reason why restrictions (like the Forgotten event) cannot be implemented. And for those bringing up last year, it's a new year. Just because nothing was done last year doesn't mean it can't be fixed this year.

Hopefully TE, or someone, will see this.

StompArtist
10-26-2012, 09:11 AM
I could not agree more Yich. I played a bit last night and some where even openly laughing at the lower levels about it.

Kraze
10-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Could be that after leveling in magic castle the server believes they are actually a level 19 and cant place them correctly

Rare
10-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I played a bit last night...

Woah

Cahaun
10-26-2012, 10:14 AM
This is a big nuisance IMO
A bit annoying when you pay to enter only to have no chance to loot anything.

Cahaun
10-26-2012, 10:18 AM

In your other thread you said don't complain and just have fun, but here you are crying.
She wasn't crying at all but giving her opinion on this matter.

LwMark
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Agree

ninjaduck
10-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Why can't they just use the pvp level margins. + or - 5 levels are able to join. Anything else can't join.

Roc
10-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I guess the same can be said for lower levels popping into the higher level dungeon. It's not as much of an issue as high levels waiting around for the boss, but the lower levels don't really do much besides follow along.

ninjaduck
10-26-2012, 11:07 AM
I guess the same can be said for lower levels popping into the higher level dungeon. It's not as much of an issue as high levels waiting around for the boss, but the lower levels don't really do much besides follow along.

troloooolollololollllllloool

Snakespeare
10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
This is why we skip the headmistress. It leaves 5 to prevent early spawning of King. And headmistress only drops garbage.

Rare
10-26-2012, 11:31 AM
This is why we skip the headmistress. It leaves 5 to prevent early spawning of King. And headmistress only drops garbage.

that's pretty clever.

ninjaduck
10-26-2012, 11:44 AM

I don't understand. Leaving 5 would only lead to the early spawning (it spawns on 6) of the boss. Whats the advantage of doing this? :?

Drizzid
10-26-2012, 11:46 AM
This is actually a problem for you guys? Lol Oh no, a free drop every once in a while!!

I join whatever game is open and nearest the top, I don't care about the level. Ill wait at the boss unless there's someone that joined late or has no idea where they are.

There is absolutely no good reason to change this.

@ninjaduck it spawns on 7.

Yich
10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't understand. Leaving 5 would only lead to the early spawning (it spawns on 6) of the boss. Whats the advantage of doing this? :?

This also wouldnt stop someone rushing to the end...

Snakespeare
10-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Ninja, if you leave 5 (headmistress and her four headless skeletons), you can run past the last two and get in the room when King spawns.

The last two will follow you in.

showoffs
10-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Good post yich this happens to much people putting in all this time to get nothing or even worse be a lvl20 getting lvl30 drops

Snakespeare
10-26-2012, 11:56 AM
L20s gets L30 drops when they are in the wrong zone. Zones go 20-29, 30-39 etc.

CrimsonTider
10-26-2012, 11:56 AM
This is actually a problem for you guys? Lol Oh no, a free drop every once in a while!!

I join whatever game is open and nearest the top, I don't care about the level. Ill wait at the boss unless there's someone that joined late or has no idea where they are.

There is absolutely no good reason to change this.

@ninjaduck it spawns on 7.

Didn't you just post on another thread about "reading comprehension?" You admit on waiting (which still doesn't make sense for to wait on the low levels to do the work), the point of the thread is geared for those who DON'T wait.

ninjaduck
10-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Ninja, if you leave 5 (headmistress and her four headless skeletons), you can run past the last two and get in the room when King spawns.

The last two will follow you in.

The last two?

Snakespeare
10-26-2012, 12:05 PM
The last two from the hallway outside King's room. Sorry I was unclear.

If there is a high level waiting in King's room and you clear mobs down to 7, run to King's room. They will follow (unless 5 were left at Headmisrtess room, in which case only two will follow).

Drizzid
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Didn't you just post on another thread about "reading comprehension?" You admit on waiting (which still doesn't make sense for to wait on the low levels to do the work), the point of the thread is geared for those who DON'T wait.

Read it again. I said I'd wait so long as they didn't just join or get lost.

When I say ill wait I mean when there's 7 enemies left and the boss has spawned, not rushing to the room waitin for lvl 10's to clear the map.

The simple solution to this is to pick the games you join more carefully, check the # of players in the game and the highest level. It isn't the devs job to cater the game specifically to anyone's needs.

What's the alternative? Require each player to make 7-8 toons to be able to get different level drops?

It doesn't even matter what the devs do anymore, nothing is ever up to par and there is constant ridicule. Just play the damn game.

Yich
10-26-2012, 01:47 PM

When I say ill wait I mean when there's 7 enemies left and the boss has spawned, not rushing to the room waitin for lvl 10's to clear the map.

The simple solution to this is to pick the games you join more carefully, check the # of players in the game and the highest level. It isn't the devs job to cater the game specifically to anyone's needs.

What's the alternative? Require each player to make 7-8 toons to be able to get different level drops?

It doesn't even matter what the devs do anymore, nothing is ever up to par and there is constant ridicule. Just play the damn game.

I host my own, so dont come to me with this crap. Dont insult my intelligence with your quick fix solutions, In telling you there is nothing I can do but leave, and I shouldnt have to when I host. Even when I do leave, they will still screw over some other noobie who kills all the monsters just so the high level can 2 hit the boss. I cant keep up with +30% speed, and if I could Id still have to sit by the boss with the high level. Which leads right back to some other noobie killing the monsters and not getting a drop.

Superdexme
10-30-2012, 10:24 AM

I host my own, so dont come to me with this crap. Dont insult my intelligence with your quick fix solutions, In telling you there is nothing I can do but leave, and I shouldnt have to when I host. Even when I do leave, they will still screw over some other noobie who kills all the monsters just so the high level can 2 hit the boss. I cant keep up with +30% speed, and if I could Id still have to sit by the boss with the high level. Which leads right back to some other noobie killing the monsters and not getting a drop.
First world problems eh buddy?

Kraze
10-30-2012, 10:36 AM

Plenty of us have multiple farming toons. To me dropping some blessing plat on a farmer is far better than watching some magic castle breed 70+ run to the end of the map. Buy one less thrasher there is your plat to make farmers

Bunnyshoota
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Use pvp map idea. i.e. in a level 20-29 game, you can only join if you're from level 15-35. Something like that.

Yich
10-30-2012, 11:04 AM
First world problems eh buddy?

Not exactly. That meme is about laziness, stupidity and chance happenings that arent that bad. This is just the intentional rudeness of others.