PDA

View Full Version : Gold

Galazy
04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I am finding as a level 13 archer who solos a lot, I have a whole bunch of gold and nothing to do with it, I also see many people with thousands and thousands of gold just hanging in their inventory. I am well aware that trading is being worked on and such, but my concern is more along the lines of hyper inflation when trade does come around. I am a willing player that would quite possibly buy gold from spacetime if needed to support them further. But as of right now, I cant think of a situation where I would considering the ease of farming it and lack of uses. I was curious if people have been thinking about it and possible solutions. I am always a fan of spending an very large amount of currency in games for the smallest upgrades and/or vanity items. I am also curious if there has been any consideration or possibility via mobile devices for an auction house for real money where spacetime gets a cut. I do not pretend to have a good business model for it that would help for you guys to generate revenue. But it might help to allow people to sell gold to each other to buy map packs and other things. I have mused about this mostly because I'm a poor college student that truly enjoy this game, and if there is an avenue where I can use my steadfast ability to farm gold to allow me to buy more map packs/vanity stuff for money, I would be very happy. I am also well aware that many people do not approve of RMT, but certain companies have done well with it (EVE has a system in place to trade currency for subscription time and I believe EQ2 has a auction house to exchange items/currency for real money, player to player)

Pardon me for the sorta ranting I do, I am a pretty bad forum poster.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Happy to see someone who's played EVE :D Ahoy pirate o7
Anyway, it's true that there would be inflation.
However in the 1.1 patch coming pretty soon, there will be NPCs selling different items, I don't really think this is enough though.

Pardon me for the sorta ranting I do, I am a pretty bad forum poster.
Ranting? You might want to construct your post in a more eye friendly way :P

Splurd
04-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Eve online was too epic for me to handle and I still moved on to something less challenging. But the clab bob wars epic.

Galazy
04-22-2010, 02:49 PM
ya eve was a tricky game to get into, i stopped playing in favor of wow and a lot of my eve friends quit/alliance broke up, but it still stands to be one of the most brilliant mmo's created in my opinion. That said, i really approve of their system of having game time being a tradable good, and i think pocket legends could benefit from this type of system, although money sinks need to be implemented first. I would be willing to bet that they dont get people buying 5k gold for 5 dollars because 5k gold doesn't get you much, except a couple hundred pots.

setec
04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Please donate all excess gold to Setec's Enchantress fund. She needs more pots! :)

Shebee
04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Eve is brilliant indeed, it's not a MMORPg, its a real simulation of a real world.
There's nothing you couldn't do in EVE, basically I could start a bank in even and get rich :P
But it would be complicated, but you know what I mean, knowing economics and business really is a benefit in EVE.