PDA

View Full Version : A response to Techno Email's post on the "why no vanity pack" thread

MightyMicah
10-27-2012, 09:17 AM
I was going to respond on the thread, but then I thought it would be better to start a new thread and see what others think. Plus, my post became so long I didn't wanna spam the thread ;)

We're not selling the item packs this year. We want to encourage all of you to play together to get the new Legendary weapons and shields. I'm dying to see you guys get some of these items. I'm going to be so sad if you miss out on these 1337 items because you didn't know they were awesome and didn't bother going after them. Check out this thread for a little teaser showing some of the stats on these weapons and shields: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?72946-Halloween-Is-Here

We received forum feedback that folks would prefer holiday events to be more gameplay focused. Thank you for sharing your feedback that you would like to have more purchasable items. We will continue to work towards a good balance for Holiday events. :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::l ove_heart::love_heart:

Hey Techno Email, thanks so much for posting that! You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that you developers are really listening to the requests from us and trying to make this game a game worth playing! In this case, even at your own expense! If I had any thanks left, I would thanks your post. I would, however, like to point out a couple of things to you and everyone else.

First of all, I'm sure everyone has noticed that this game is becoming extremely end-game oriented. It seems there are more and more rewards for playing end game and less and less benefits for twinking. (Scaled farming isn't as effective, forgotten bows stopped some weapon diversity, xp locked kills were disabled, etc.) I'd like to bring to your attention that these new 1337 items, while they may be fantastic and over the top in design, are not very 1337 from level 50 and up. In fact, the stats are quite useless indeed after level 40 in my personal opinion. Because of this, people such as myself, want items that we can still use. The only items that can be used, however, are vanities!

I'd also like to mention that I was, in fact, here last Halloween for the event and the complaining that I heard was actually not about the vanity packs. On the contrary, everyone was talking about how cool the items were. The majority of complaining that I witnessed was about the "chance" idea within many of these packs. Few people like to gamble away all their plat, especially when they have no idea what their odds are to obtain the item of choice. You will notice that while there has been a little bit of complaining about the O.C.D. Helms, most forumers tell them to stop complaining because its their choice whether or not to buy the helm. They aren't forced into losing 500 platinum. I believe, similarly, that if you were to release these vanity packs WITHOUT (key word) any kind of chance system, there would be far less complaints. Everyone likes the option to buy the vanity they want. People want to know what they're getting. Notice that one has ever complained about the regular vanity store.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that, last year, along with the complaints about the chance vanity packs, there were tons of complaints about the map itself! Not vanities! Many people felt that repetitive farming would cause these special Halloween themed items to lose their rarity and, consequentially, their item value. I believe these are the complaints you are referring to. It can be clearly seen that this year you developers did a far, far better job at making a huge diversity of items and trying to make them more valuable by upping their stats. For that, I thank you!

I have made this thread in an attempt to shed some light on what people want. I've also made this thread to thank you devs for doing such an excellent job this year! I'm quite content with my candy bag and my horn helm thingy :D

Peace out!
~MM

Azataso
10-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Woooooohoooooooo candy bag ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MightyMicah
10-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Woooooohoooooooo candy bag ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha I agree 100%! I remember last year I liquidated my candy bags. This year they made em all vanity!

Rare
10-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Haha I agree 100%! I remember last year I liquidated my candy bags. This year they made em all vanity!

I've heard this a few times and I'm pretty confused. The candy bag I got was not vanity

Mage till the end
10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
The quest for candy bags is confusing :p

MightyMicah
10-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I've heard this a few times and I'm pretty confused. The candy bag I got was not vanity

Check again buddy! They patched it!

Noodleleg
10-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Okay... No need for item packs... But can we get like 5 new vanities from deal of the day -_-?

Deathofan
10-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey mm the stats arent really that bad after l40 I did some research and found l55 pumpkin chunker better than l56 glyph xbow (no set bonus), l40 paw better than l35 voodoo pin and the reaper better than any str weapon until l55. Maybe they wont add item packs this year but add several items in dotd making last year's more exclusive

D-:
10-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Okay... No need for item packs... But can we get like 5 new vanities from deal of the day -_-?

I'd like to see if they can add Founders Helm for 2000 plat, and Crimson Holoshield for 50 plat.

I'm not kidding about Holoshield, I really need this for my Demonic Mace Set for extra swag...

McBain
10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
People flipping out over the forgotten weapons is probably the reason the stats for the Halloween stuff are on the weak side. Y'all got exactly what you asked for.

Elyseon
10-27-2012, 03:37 PM
People flipping out over the forgotten weapons is probably the reason the stats for the Halloween stuff are on the weak side. Y'all got exactly what you asked for.O.o halloween wespons are actually really strong

Yich
10-27-2012, 03:41 PM
People flipping out over the forgotten weapons is probably the reason the stats for the Halloween stuff are on the weak side. Y'all got exactly what you asked for.

Halloween xbow destroys f bow out low level if you know what you're doing 0.o

McBain
10-27-2012, 04:34 PM
O.o halloween wespons are actually really strong

At higher levels they're not.

Battlegrinder
10-27-2012, 06:46 PM
At higher levels they're not.

I've notice the same thing. I'd guess the reason for it is to prevent limited time only items from breaking game balance or the economy. Kinda like how the flamer and pulse rifle from the SL infest deck event weren't very strong, compared to the hive items that came out right after that.

Energizeric
10-29-2012, 01:57 AM
Not all the new Halloween items are useless after lvl40. One example I saw was the Lvl75 butcher knife. It's actually the highest DPS weapon in the game right now, slightly higher than the lvl75 molten shard. I haven't looked at all of them in great detail, but I'm guessing there may be others at certain levels that are pretty good as well.

MightyMicah
10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Not all the new Halloween items are useless after lvl40. One example I saw was the Lvl75 butcher knife. It's actually the highest DPS weapon in the game right now, slightly higher than the lvl75 molten shard. I haven't looked at all of them in great detail, but I'm guessing there may be others at certain levels that are pretty good as well.

Very nice. Thanks for the info! Perhaps I should start carefully examining all the weapons.

Rare
10-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Check again buddy! They patched it!

Hey LOOK!!! Its vanity now. Great. Thanks MM

Kraze
10-29-2012, 09:02 AM

I'd like to see if they can add Founders Helm for 2000 plat, and Crimson Holoshield for 50 plat.

I'm not kidding about Holoshield, I really need this for my Demonic Mace Set for extra swag...

Ok you've posted this founder helm thing in multiple threads I'd like to politely ask you again to look up the word founder in the dictionary. There is no need to stir up that controversy again. Back on topic I like the gamble packs....they are the one thing I'll splurge on

Ubernewber
10-29-2012, 10:00 AM
I got both candy bags :D