PDA

View Full Version : what gall

Chickdigcookies
09-08-2010, 10:17 AM
once again, more lvl 45 "douche bags"

ive seen this guy before, but never played with him...

i joined Ovn to help him in the new dungeon, then this guy, called Hadesofshadow joins and all of a sudden says.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/1818172f.jpg

i left...

vulgarstrike
09-08-2010, 10:23 AM
you should be healing when frozen. thats basic teamwork. i see nothing wrong.

Chickdigcookies
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
...we had just started...AND I ****ING KNOW I SHOULD HEAL WHEN FROZEN!

Arterra
09-08-2010, 10:59 AM
your avatar does not display your emotion intended well.
other than that, well, some people are impatient. live on lool.

Snakespeare
09-08-2010, 12:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Hanlon's razor, plus a dash of compassion on your part would help. We are seeing a huge quantity of noobs lately and the oldies generally just tell them how to play. He could have said "please", yes. But just think about it. He could be as frustrated as you by the low level of play in the game currently, and he's just spamming instructions at the start of the map. You didn't have to leave. You could have had some compassion for him, realizing that he has similar feelings as you, and told him gently that you are not a noob, but thanks for the advice. He's not going to know that until you tell him, and it's only fair to give him a chance to make it right. But as long as you keep thinking that he's got malice for you (how could he, he doesn't even know you), you will act defensively and only fortify his erroneous impression. You can set the example of taking the high road. Someone has to, and you can't expect it to be anyone else but your own self. Otherwise, fear turns into self-fulfilling prophecy.

Bentmer
09-08-2010, 01:59 PM

Hanlon's razor, plus a dash of compassion on your part would help. We are seeing a huge quantity of noobs lately and the oldies generally just tell them how to play. He could have said "please", yes. But just think about it. He could be as frustrated as you by the low level of play in the game currently, and he's just spamming instructions at the start of the map. You didn't have to leave. You could have had some compassion for him, realizing that he has similar feelings as you, and told him gently that you are not a noob, but thanks for the advice. He's not going to know that until you tell him, and it's only fair to give him a chance to make it right. But as long as you keep thinking that he's got malice for you (how could he, he doesn't even know you), you will act defensively and only fortify his erroneous impression. You can set the example of taking the high road. Someone has to, and you can't expect it to be anyone else but your own self. Otherwise, fear turns into self-fulfilling prophecy.

You make a good argument for compassion...

But I'd have left too lol. This game is for entertainment isn't it? We are not here to correct people's bad manners. Nor are we here to connect on some level with the people we group with. And I can't see how it's fun when you log into a game and someone is already barking out orders and assuming the worst in me. I admire how you choose to look for the best in people, maybe I'm just lazy for not caring. :p

Snakespeare
09-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh, I talk a good game... living it is a lot harder!!! ;)

Yeah, I have stomped off a few times myself.

Kingofhurtz
09-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I absolutely hate that guy. He boots for no reason!

Chickdigcookies
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM

i understand, but when i asked him if he was telling me how to play, he cynically said yes. he too, could have said no, im just letting you know. but he didn't...

any who. eh.

Tore
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
he boots me too but yeah he boots me too that meanine :( lol

Tore
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
but yeah he boots me too that meanine :( lol
Omg i can edit who says it lol

Snakespeare
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, what a dork. I laughed, y'know, at "Sux no mage"... hehehe

Yeah, it would be hard to be understanding with this guy. "Are you telling me how to play?" "Yes" and he's been here for, what, two weeks?

One thing, where were you? I didn't think the opponents had freeze proc items in Forest Haven. Is that King's Forest?

KingFu
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Omg i can edit who says it lol

fail lol.....

Raxie
09-08-2010, 04:00 PM
yea, this guy is annoying. he said he can own me in pvp but i owned him. then he must have gotten sick of losing so he noob rushed me... and still lost.

KingFu
09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I pwned that guy in pvp like 20 times and he was still cocky and bragged when he lost. He seems like a DBag from what I've heard.

Chickdigcookies
09-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah, what a dork. I laughed, y'know, at "Sux no mage"... hehehe

Yeah, it would be hard to be understanding with this guy. "Are you telling me how to play?" "Yes" and he's been here for, what, two weeks?

One thing, where were you? I didn't think the opponents had freeze proc items in Forest Haven. Is that King's Forest?

lol.

we were in the elite dungeon, i took this SS after i left, lol.

the guy, ovn, and i.

Snakespeare
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Ohmygawd... He tried to "boss around noobs" in Frozen Nightmare? OK. I retract everything I said!!! LOL! j/k

Sounds like it's his problem not yours. Especially since he could use Restore on himself.

Furrawn
09-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't blame you, Chick.
When I first read the conversation, I thought the guy wasn't bad at the beginning. Telling a Mage to heal when frozen- it's basic knowledge but a lot of 45 lvl Mynas mages don't know it. But when you asked if he was telling you how to play the game, that was his cue to say "Sorry. I haven't played with you before and thought you might not know. My bad." instead he said "Yes" and was a jerk. I'd have left his butt frozen to the ice and exited, too....