PDA

View Full Version : Disable Auto Leveling

Steady
10-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, I tried to find out all info I can by searching the post but I couldn't find out what I'm looking for..I don't really understand the disable auto leveling option. When you do not disable auto leveling does it make your char weaker by adding everything evenly? I'm a mage so if I stop the auto leveling would I get stronger by putting all my stats into int? And by disabling auto leveling will it allow me to level up my skills as I'd like? And in your opinion, is it a good idea to disable it?

Rare
10-31-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't know if autoleveling makes you "weaker" a thats really subjective.

But it prevents you from customizing your character's stats and skills. I would suggest disabling it. Or if you're new, maybe leave it enabled then respec later (2 platinum) when you figure out what you like and don't like.

EDIT: I guess to answer your questions:

1. When you do not disable auto leveling does it make your char weaker by adding everything evenly?
As far as I remember, it will bump up your dominant stat (mage=int, bird=dex, bear=str)
I'm a mage so if I stop the auto leveling would I get stronger by putting all my stats into int?
Yes, this will make your spell effects stronger. The different attributes also affect different stats as well. There are a number of guides in the guide section that talk about it.
And by disabling auto leveling will it allow me to level up my skills as I'd like?
Yes, that is correct. Attributes and skill points.

Khahl
10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Auto-leveling is something that, from an experienced player's viewpoint, you should disable immediately unless you want to end up spending platinum to re-distribute your stats down the road. Basically, depending on your class you either assign your points 100% to your primary stat (Int for a Mage), a 50/50 split between your primary stat and a secondary stat (50% Int, 50% strength), or somewhere on a spectrum between that based on what you want from your character.

Keep in mind that for a mage Int determines your damage both for abilities, but Dex will increase your weapon damage (which is added to your skill damage in most cases). Strength will also increase damage to a lesser extent, but you get the benefit of hit-points as well as the most dodge. There is a calculator for stats somewhere on the guide forums that you can use to see exactly what you will get from assigning stats before you spend platinum to reassign them.

As I've said before, always keep in mind that doing more damage will indeed be awesome... but if you die every time you get hit, you wont be around a whole lot to do any damaging!

Steady
10-31-2012, 12:57 PM
wow thanks for all the info guys, cleared up allot

Khahl
10-31-2012, 02:18 PM
No problem, more than happy to help!