PDA

View Full Version : Post Patrol - To Correct and Spell

dudetus
10-31-2012, 05:06 PM
"Post Patrol saved my life"
~ Anonymous Forumer

"Post Patrol might be the very best thing which has happened to this community after the introduction of the Reputation System"
~ Alterra Tribute

"I saw a turtle today. It was green"
~ dudetus

The newest addition to our awesome community is now live!

Post Patrol
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=626

Our mission:

We ensure these forums are in order. We simply correct some peeps who are derping around. That's it. Derp.

FAQS:

1. Can I pls join this group?

= I made the group moderated so I can monitor that no herpityderps get in. Sry outsocks. I am a dictator and will determine all by myself if u get in or not. Bribes accepted and preferred.

2. How do I join the group?

=Follow the link I put under the big "post patrol" text and press "join group". After that I get a notify (I think) that u want to join the group and I either accept it or deny it. As said before, bribing helps u to get in more effectively.

3. If I get in what do I do?

=U don't have to do anything tbh. All the cool peeps will be there. And u want to be cool right? If u wish to u can anno... HELP others by correcting their grammar and their derpiness.

4. Pls pul my fingur

=Nice try Dolan.

"No grammar, no sentences. No sentences, no sense. No sense, thread locked. Thread locked, an infraction. Lack of grammar leads to mayhem and it must be stopped."

~ The Post Patrol Code

Disclaimer: This thread and group were made with "tongue-in-cheek" mentality. Both group and this thread are jokes. Meaning by all means, pls don't get mad at me D: .

Bless
10-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Wait what?

Noodleleg
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
You know I want to :)!

Buster
10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Wait what?
Totally agreed wat r u trin to sya? Iz me grammer off9or am iz juzt dumb or derpy u tell me plox

dudetus
10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Totally agreed wat r u trin to sya? Iz me grammer off9or am iz juzt dumb or derpy u tell me plox

Okioki. Nu yu gramir es fien i liek et. Fel fri to apli, i recoemnd briebin me fisrt tho.

dudetus
10-31-2012, 05:38 PM
STS, pls create us an exclusive avatar as an example Ambassadors have.

Thx.

Bless
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
STS, pls create us an exclusive avatar as an example Ambassadors have.

Thx. Doubt they'll do that aoa's earn their titles/avatars - not join a guild and you become an aoa. Firstly these are forums not a spelling school. Errors happen at times and if there are people constantly correcting each other it will be annoying. That being said, in most phones there is auto-correct on keyboard and on sts site (i think) theres a spell check button. If ya help people to do everything they'll make errors and not care.

To be honest I dont think you're doing this to help people. I think ur doing this to get fame/respect/title and to earn some cash;
Bribes accepted and preferred. .

Let me tell you a story, there was a guy who started a spelling/grammar check thread and he wanted to help everyone but the thread got flames of hate and troll comments instead of thanks. It just creates drama and immaturity.

Ps. Your link doesn't work for me.
Ps2. This is IMO, don't shoot me im just giving advice.
Ps3. It is possible ur trolling but I think ur serious.

dudetus
10-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Doubt they'll do that aoa's earn their titles/avatars - not join a guild and you become an aoa. Firstly these are forums not a spelling school. Errors happen at times and if there are people constantly correcting each other it will be annoying. That being said, in most phones there is auto-correct on keyboard and on sts site (i think) theres a spell check button. If ya help people to do everything they'll make errors and not care.

To be honest I dont think you're doing this to help people. I think ur doing this to get fame/respect/title and to earn some cash; .

Let me tell you a story, there was a guy who started a spelling/grammar check thread and he wanted to help everyone but the thread got flames of hate and troll comments instead of thanks. It just creates drama and immaturity.

Ps. Your link doesn't work for me.
Ps2. This is IMO, don't shoot me im just giving advice.
Ps3. It is possible ur trolling but I think ur serious.

Wow. I guess now's a good time for u to read the small thing under the "Post Patrol Code". U know the one small thing saying this is just a joke.

P.S. I copy/pasted the link via my phone so it might be a bit broken. At least it directs me to the group page.

P.P.S. It's written like this, not Ps. or Ps2. Post Scriptum has nothing in common with Sony or the Playstations. Unless Post Scriptum is about Playstation ofc.

P.P.P.S. I am amazed how u can remember someone posting a grammar helping thread but not to find out by this time that everything I write is made with "tongue-in-cheek" attitude.

Bless
10-31-2012, 06:31 PM
I don't give a flying horse about the P.S.S crap.

Everyone knows you edited the disclaimer in, it's not rocket science and I'm not an idiot :)

And at the start I'm not sure if it was a joke; the avatar request, the long thread, the application - all this for a joke? Im not starting on you but these are valid points.

Noodleleg
10-31-2012, 06:41 PM

Everyone knows you edited the disclaimer in, it's not rocket science and I'm not an idiot :)

1500 posts, 50 likes, 0 thanks, and this comment. Explains why people don't like to like your posts often :P!

Long live grammar patrol!

Lowlyspy
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
And at the start I'm not sure if it was a joke; the avatar request, the long thread, the application - all this for a joke? Im not starting on you but these are valid points.

Actually, knowing Dudetus, yea that sounds like something he would do. Just smile and wave bud, that's the best advice i can give ya.

Bless
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM

1500 posts, 50 likes, 0 thanks, and this comment. Explains why people don't like to like your posts often :P!

Long live grammar patrol! hehe :P I don't give out thanks cuz I don't have a computer. Truth is harsh but atleast I spam thank someone just for giving them free rep and getting some back in return (Not referring to you). And some inaccurate data u got there broski...

Noodleleg
10-31-2012, 08:45 PM
hehe :P I don't give out thanks cuz I don't have a computer. Truth is harsh but atleast I spam thank someone just for giving them free rep and getting some back in return (Not referring to you). And some inaccurate data u got there broski...

Or maybe it makes a person's day and they'd like to thank it ;)!

Zaonabiuibil
10-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I r want join ;P

Buster
10-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Wait... dont they have another name for this? What is it... umm.. oh yeah GRAMMER NAZI

Elyseon
10-31-2012, 08:56 PM
I see my highly leveled skills in this area have been recognized.
I thank you for this opportunity to judge people on any means I deem appropriate.
I will apply no restraint whatsoever to the new abilities this license has endowed to me.

Noodleleg
10-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Wait... dont they have another name for this? What is it... umm.. oh yeah GRAMMER NAZI

I'm sending you to the ghettoes.

Jugernugetx
10-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Even thought im not.., well forget it count me in!

dudetus
11-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Okioki we has revieced mani aaplitacions and sori, we cnat haev yu al.

Humblest thanks for showing interest to our jolly group but I am afraid we can't have you all on board.

Bloodmage
11-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Lol

Bloodmage
11-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Post patrol ftwww

RedStapler
11-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey All,

While I appreciate and respect the desire for correct spelling and grammar on the internet, this thread doesn't really seem about that.

Gonna close it down now.

In the meantime, enjoy this site: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/