PDA

View Full Version : Dragon vanity.

ThePhantom
10-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Ok, today a lot of people saying every dragon vanity will be turned into a ring except gold. Supposedly samhayne made a thread to do with this. Can Someone link it?

D-:
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
no.

LwMark
10-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Most likely guna just be a ring

Engkantado
10-31-2012, 11:58 PM
why except gold? I better keep my Dragon Set then ...;)

Mage till the end
11-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Rumors rumors. I'll believe it when I see it.

Engkantado
11-01-2012, 12:15 AM
To be honest it is really quite unfair for Golden Dragon set holders.

1.) Mitas Mystery set can be bought with Plat (Looks exactly same as Golden Set).
2.) Difficult to get Mitas Dragon (I used up 1k plat still no Mitas)

I hope STS can do a something about GOLDEN set supposed to be the king but really like value at all.

Jcyee
11-01-2012, 01:13 AM
To be honest it is really quite unfair for Golden Dragon set holders.

1.) Mitas Mystery set can be bought with Plat (Looks exactly same as Golden Set).
2.) Difficult to get Mitas Dragon (I used up 1k plat still no Mitas)

I hope STS can do a something about GOLDEN set supposed to be the king but really like value at all.

mitas set cant be bought with plat. only the dragon is bought with plat. the mitas helm and armor are different from the actual items that go along with the set. the golden helm and armor are used with mitas to create the set, not the mitas plat vanities.

and im not sure you could say that its difficult to get the mitas dragon. youve only tried twice. i mean yea, 1k plat is a lot but only twice. ive never actually tried get the mitas dragon so i wouldnt know what kind of chances there are of getting it. ive also never been a fan of chance packs so i wouldnt really know the rate at which you receive the chance item

Cobraguy
11-01-2012, 06:54 AM
If you were selling a piece or a set, it's probably just a ploy to try and get you to sell cheaper. Only the devs know the fate of the Dragon sets as of right now. In a recent convo with Technoemail she had this to say.....
Screen was taken 10-25-12

Superduper
11-01-2012, 07:43 AM
I just bought green for 9.5m. Makes me kind of scared because more than half of my money was used to purchase it.

Suentous PO
11-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Sam said something would likely change, but it wasn't his job to do that one. I have never heard any dev or mod say anything about a ring. That was from player suggestions on ways to fix it. The thread that had Sam saying this was tucked in the new cap rings thread.
No one knows, lots of wild speculations tho, some are part of a sell me your stuff before its useless pitch that's used to scare you into selling.
@ Lwmark- what are you basing your statement of "most likely" on?

Jcyee
11-01-2012, 09:07 PM
of course techno is able to fit all that text into one message lol. but thanks for the pic :)

Noodleleg
11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
If you were selling a piece or a set, it's probably just a ploy to try and get you to sell cheaper. Only the devs know the fate of the Dragon sets as of right now. In a recent convo with Technoemail she had this to say.....
Screen was taken 10-25-12

I don't know if you guys noticed, but devs' messages can be pretty long... Lol I think it's a way to reduce spam :P...

LwMark
11-02-2012, 02:28 AM
of course techno is able to fit all that text into one message lol. but thanks for the pic :)

Lmao didnt notice the length the other day when Hate emailed pics haha

What did i mean by that is this
I talked to Technoe in multiple PMs on forums and I got the vibe they will be changed to rings, just because the fact its all about vanities now, and SO MANY of the forumers complained how they should remove stats, an we know what happens when majority of the people complain about somethin about the game. Technoe did say that she does consider that many people put hard work and money into the sets. i also brought up the trade sets to ur friends to get rings, without havin to buy the sets, and all she said was, Dont worry will figure somethin out :)

So ye thats y

Riccits
11-02-2012, 02:35 AM
it should update the actual elite vanity ring with the bonus^^

Rare
11-02-2012, 06:57 AM
STS should just make an exception for the dragon vanities. And let them be. There is already too much invested in them to change them. Just let them be. They are still available. If people want the bonus, go farm them.

Brave Sir Robin
11-02-2012, 08:35 AM
STS should just make an exception for the dragon vanities. And let them be. There is already too much invested in them to change them. Just let them be. They are still available. If people want the bonus, go farm them.

This is how I feel about the dragon issue more or less. I do not own a dragon set but I 've been saving to get one since forever :) Now that I can finally afford the one I like, I don't want to buy since it's uncertain what's going to happen with it...

My only concern is that (as previously mentioned) the stat bonus status has changed. So previously you could boost your stats with:

(1) elite vanity set bonus + ring
(2) dragon vanity + ring

Now it is:

(1) dragon vanity set + elite vanity ring
(2) dragon vanity set + ring

To me this is fair because anyone has access to all bonus combinations. This system does justice to 'veterans' or dedicated players who reached 3 consecutive caps, farmed enough gold to afford the dragon set and spent at least 200 plat for the dragon pet. I believe that these people deserve the best possible stat bonus.

Ofc this is just my humble opinion. The fact is that it is not possible to reach maximum gear power without spending some serious plat any more and I understand that this is not something that everyone likes...

Pakax
11-02-2012, 08:56 AM
I couldnt agree more with Sir Robin but we need certainty. I own two drag sets and an extra armor. Theyd become useless to me if changed into ring coz i have the three cap ring already.

Noodleleg
11-02-2012, 09:03 AM
What about this idea... If you have a full dragon set, a ring appears in your inventory with that set bonus. If you remove a piece of dragon armor, it'll disappear. Sounds good?

lilweezy
11-02-2012, 09:25 AM
why even fix something that is not broken?

Rare
11-02-2012, 09:48 AM
I couldnt agree more with Sir Robin but we need certainty. I own two drag sets and an extra armor. Theyd become useless to me if changed into ring coz i have the three cap ring already.

Well on this note, it would make it the same as before the elite ring was introduced.

Lowellpimpd
11-02-2012, 10:10 AM

This is how I feel about the dragon issue more or less. I do not own a dragon set but I 've been saving to get one since forever :) Now that I can finally afford the one I like, I don't want to buy since it's uncertain what's going to happen with it...

My only concern is that (as previously mentioned) the stat bonus status has changed. So previously you could boost your stats with:

(1) elite vanity set bonus + ring
(2) dragon vanity + ring

Now it is:

(1) dragon vanity set + elite vanity ring
(2) dragon vanity set + ring

To me this is fair because anyone has access to all bonus combinations. This system does justice to 'veterans' or dedicated players who reached 3 consecutive caps, farmed enough gold to afford the dragon set and spent at least 200 plat for the dragon pet. I believe that these people deserve the best possible stat bonus.

Ofc this is just my humble opinion. The fact is that it is not possible to reach maximum gear power without spending some serious plat any more and I understand that this is not something that everyone likes...
Lol veterans are people who have sewer vanity crown or founders lol 200plat maybe to get gold dragon pet first time and what about farming for dragon armor or helm let add on another 800plat or more and thats maybe get a drop or two it seems to me some people just have sts blessings with drops i wonder how or why when i have on a shanrock elixir and bigger luck some one with out anything doing nothing in group somehow gets the good drops bs

Lowellpimpd
11-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Just using plat dont make u veteran

Lowellpimpd
11-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I wonder if this some way to make people who owned the vanitys that gave set bonus have to go buy plat and farm for dragon sets

Brave Sir Robin
11-02-2012, 11:38 AM
why even fix something that is not broken?

I agree that it is 'not broken'.

However, vanity stat bonus (in any form) does not seem to be in par with TE's vision for the game (if I understand correctly from her posts). This means that there could be changes in the way that dragon set bonus is delivered. Since these changes might have an impact on some aspects of the game (e.g. economy, maximum gear stats) it is important to discuss this matter here since the developing team seems to take the community's opinions into account :)

Fncrazy
11-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Wouldn't it be easier just to keep making new vanities with stats instead of trying to figure out what to do with the dragon sets. Just saying...

xxpanzeexx
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Why cry over spilt milk, we don't control what the devs do. We just use what they give us and be appreciative.