PDA

View Full Version : New to Game (Ex wow fan) need help speccing

Judd_S13
09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi im new to the game and i chose enchantress because i loved mage on world of warcraft.
My question is how do i distribute my skill points into intellect dexterity and strength. I would have thought all out intellect but i need your opinions.

Ps Whats with this enchantress becoming a palidon, what else can it become? Very confused......

vulgarstrike
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
hey! pl is very free on the fact that you can place stat points wherever you want!
put points into dexterity to raise critical hit chances, damage per second, and dodge
put points into intelligence to raise mana regeneration and mana store
put points into strength to raise health, health regeneration, and damage output.

every weapon has a requirement on it's wield, so make sure you have enough points in one stat to wield a weapon of your level. any class can wield any weapon as long as they meet the requirements for the weapon.

put stat points into the corrwsponding class to raise the damage of your skills, ie archer is dex, enchantress is intelligence, and warrior is str.

hybrids are a big part of this game. paladins are popular because of their ability to deal major damage in aoe format but still survive. they trade off a slight damage output for more survivability.

personally, all my characters are pures, but the choice is yours!

Royce
09-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Don't ever put points in Str as a mage (except as a paladin to equip warrior gear). Str does hardly anything for an elf. As a traditional mage, you'll want mostly Int and some Dex. It used to be you'd want enough Int to equip the best gear (around 138-142 at level 40), then put the rest in Dex, and that's still not a bad build The recent stat-driven skills update has given Int slightly more value for enchantresses. For a recent post on how much Dex to use look here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?7110-Tips-for-a-INT-Enchantress-needed...!&p=72692&viewfull=1#post72692

Bentmer
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi im new to the game and i chose enchantress because i loved mage on world of warcraft.
My question is how do i distribute my skill points into intellect dexterity and strength. I would have thought all out intellect but i need your opinions.

Ps Whats with this enchantress becoming a palidon, what else can it become? Very confused......

Well the enchantress skill set is more of a cross between the Mage and Priest of WoW. You can heal, revive, and buff like a priest while also aoe, debuff, and dps like a Mage. Thankfully, nobody in this game will ask you to make food or water lol.

I personally put all my points into int to level just so I could figure out the base skills and abilities of the class. I'd advise against hybrids until you are more familiar with the class and the game in general. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

Judd_S13
09-09-2010, 12:34 AM
thanks guys for help So just to make sure:
no points in strength.

Royce
09-09-2010, 08:50 AM
thanks guys for help So just to make sure:
no points in strength.

That is correct. You can find a breakdown of how different primary attributes affect enchantress stats here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3807-Enchantress-stat-info-(48142)
It's not quite up to date and doesn't include stat-driven skills, but it will show you how little Str and even Int do for an elf's stats. I posted a thread on evening out the attributes here if you are interested: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5515-Fixing-the-Attribute-Imbalance-How-to-make-Int-and-Str-worthwhile-investments-D