View Full Version : Assassins Creed III

FluffNStuff
11-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I have never played any of the Assassins Creed games, but I am a huge history buff and am fascinated by the Revolutionary War, so this seems like a dream game. What are these games like, and has anyone played the new one? It is really entwined with the Colonial history and historical battles or is that just in the background?

wvhills
11-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I have never played any of the Assassins Creed games, but I am a huge history buff and am fascinated by the Revolutionary War, so this seems like a dream game. What are these games like, and has anyone played the new one? It is really entwined with the Colonial history and historical battles or is that just in the background?

i haven't played them either but I know a lot of people who have and they love them. From what I understand this last one is entwined in colonial history, the ones before that are earlier though. I read about them on wikipedia.

Covert
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
AC1 is kinda repetitious imo, but ok
Ac2 was awesome imo

only ones ive played
id recommend trying it

gison
11-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I've played all previous AC games and they all turned out great, I didn't buy AC3 cus' I have no time to go to the store & buy it. But from the vids I've seen on YouTube.... I'm sure it's the best cus it's like a whole new setting & story. :D

Aracnus
11-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Ac was an o.k. series IMO. Loved the gameplay attributes, but some of the controls were a little laggy and sometimes janky.

Asifrausa
11-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I've played acr 1 and 2. Acr3 will be my next target.
Btw acr3 is gonna be awesome. :)

Lowlyspy
11-03-2012, 12:39 AM
I've played acr 1 and 2. Acr3 will be my next target.
Btw acr3 is gonna be awesome. :)
You may want to play Brotherhood and Revelations first. You'll be VERY confused otherwise as those 2 games had a lot of very important stuff in them story wise.

BodMaster
11-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Massive AC fan (hence my Sig lol), completed all the games except AC3 yet. The story is some of the reasons I like to carry on through the game, each game has 2 different stories sort of intertwined though past/present regarding the Knight Templar.

As Rob said though the last one only seems to be based on the Colonial war, as stated in Wiki; (Though I would suggest going through all AC before playing last, especially if you want to know what's happening in "present day" in the game)

The main portion of Assassin's Creed III is set before, during and after the American Revolution from 1753 to 1783,[10] featuring a new protagonist: Connor Kenway, birth name Ratonhnhaké:ton (pronounced "Ra-doon-ha-gay-doon"), half English and half Native American.[11] In addition to the historical period, the game also features the "present day" setting, where series protagonist Desmond Miles must adventure to prevent the 2012 apocalypse, as his story develops and reaches a conclusion. The game features a new engine, Anvil Next,[12] built from the ground up, the engine is said to utilize full capability of current generation systems to deliver a "next-gen Assassin's Creed experience."

You may want to play Brotherhood and Revelations first. You'll be VERY confused otherwise as those 2 games had a lot of very important stuff in them story wise.

^^^ This

Seiyen
11-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Only got revelations,game rocks:thumbup:

Asifrausa
11-03-2012, 02:30 AM
FYI I've played that too :)

Asifrausa
11-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Massive AC fan (hence my Sig lol), completed all the games except AC3 yet. The story is some of the reasons I like to carry on through the game, each game has 2 different stories sort of intertwined though past/present regarding the Knight Templar.

As Rob said though the last one only seems to be based on the Colonial war, as stated in Wiki; (Though I would suggest going through all AC before playing last, especially if you want to know what's happening in "present day" in the game)

^^^ This
That's the same reason why I've played and keep on playing it.
The stories are awesome, gameplay are great and I like the way they incorporate the pakour, the assassination, the stories and the whole place and theme.

Lowlyspy
11-03-2012, 08:52 AM
FYI I've played that too :)
Ah nvm then. Shoulda made that clear :p

Zaonabiuibil
11-03-2012, 09:34 AM

Brotherhood was probably my favorite

MightyMicah
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I like the trailers :D

gison
11-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Woo just got my copy of the game, it's pretty awesome(if you know the story).

Lowlyspy
11-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Brotherhood was probably my favorite
Revelations was mine, something about playing as old Altair with the Apple of Eden tickled my fancy :3

FluffNStuff
11-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Good stuff. I picked up the game and have gotten a chance to play a little over an hour. Just got to the 'title scene' which makes sense since everything so far was really structured. Essentially go here, do this, trigger a cut scene. Basically tutorial missions. I assume it gets a lot more open world after this, but the general idea is fun. Not worried about the back story of the present since my main focus is the historical interaction of the revolutionary period.

Asifrausa
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Revelations was mine, something about playing as old Altair with the Apple of Eden tickled my fancy :3

Hmm I like all 3 : Brotherhood, Revelation and the latest Assassins Creed III. :)

FluffNStuff
11-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I really hope this game gets better, because it has been another hour, and it still is just point and click. It reminds me of the old arcade game dragon's layer. You just move your character in the direction of the light, at the right time, and that is pretty much it. It is kinda boring / frustrating.

Nihiliste
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
But Black Ops 2 is coming.

Asifrausa
11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
But Black Ops 2 is coming.

I hope BO2 is gonna be better since the last one was a disaster.

Skeokateva
11-08-2012, 10:52 AM
I recommend Assassins 1 for great story line and originality, and assassins creed 3 for amazing story line and a huge step up for the entire game. Great game for a history buff:) There r still many navigational bugs in the 3ed game but as always there promises of a patch fix in the near future.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Seiyen
11-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I hope BO2 is gonna be better since the last one was a disaster.

Disaster?are u mad or what????black ops is one of the coolest game ever made!!!! :fanboy::bananananananna:

Asifrausa
11-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Disaster?are u mad or what????black ops is one of the coolest game ever made!!!! :fanboy::bananananananna:

Nope I'm not mad its just my opinion and the opinion of others who have played the game and said it was pretty bad so, that's why they made the COD MW3.
Well just no hard feelings its just an opinion after all :)