PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dragonscale Talon looks like the symbol of Nazism

Faliziaga
11-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I suggest changing the design of the Flying Dragonscale Talon because it looks like the swastika Hakenkreuz, symbol of Nazism. Both shapes, especially direction of hooks and position/ rotation, are similar.

Lowlyspy
11-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Interesting. If the game being politically correct is that big an issue, i suppose flipping it to it's Hindu form wouldn't be that hard. I don't think it will or should happen though because the talon wasn't made with that intention.

ArtofWar
11-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Agreed! They should change that!

P.S. willkommen zum forum :)

Elyseon
11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
im just glad they used a whole new design
very unique imo

not gonna really cry about it being a symbol of anything
of course unless they add a hitler stache

francisco
11-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I dont think that its a big deal im sure the people hoe made it dont want it to think of WWII. If hitler used a other symbool nobody cared. So why chance it?

shamadar
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I understand that for some, this symbol might have negative connotations, but I think also it is a choice to see it so, this symbol is also a symbol of peace, for some of the indigenious people, in the united states, it is also used as a symbol for Buddhist and can be seen in paintings of Buddha. The symbol is older than Nazism, and we can take it back.
In this case I think the talon looks enough like the other talons used in the game, and for me personally it is no big deal. I would hope it would not become something that would cause anyone to enjoy a great game less.

FluffNStuff
11-01-2012, 06:09 PM
As long as it is not thrown with a forward upward arm motion I'm good.

Bless
11-01-2012, 06:29 PM
i suppose flipping it to it's Hindu form wouldn't be that hard. would like that to happen :)

Ps. Don't hate it's my religion

Lowlyspy
11-01-2012, 06:32 PM
would like that to happen :)

I don't recall saying anything against your religion.

Noodleleg
11-02-2012, 08:57 AM
You did not. The Swastika is not offensive. It is, as mentioned above, used by Buddhists to represent peace. The Nazi party, anyways, is just a simple political party. It's like having an elephant looking talon and ranting saying, "Oh, why are you doing the Republican Party." Yes, Hitler made it look bad, but that does not mean you should post something like this, without knowing any history of the symbol at all. By the way, I am almost 100% sure this is coincidental... I mean... How else would you make a talon look cool?

Growwle
11-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I suggest changing the design of the Flying Dragonscale Talon because it looks like the swastika Hakenkreuz, symbol of Nazism. Both shapes, especially direction of hooks and position/ rotation, are similar.

Since Nazis don't exist in PL, how is this even an issue?

AresDamage
11-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I don't think this is so posed to be funny but that just makes me laugh what u said, lol

Wrath
11-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Bahahhahahahahhahaha!!!!!

stricker20000
11-02-2012, 01:19 PM
They should change it because it is the symbol of nazism since the rotation and the hooks are similar to this symbol.
With another rotation it would be more like the buddhists swastika.
I suggest changing the design completely, not just the rotation, in order to avoid misunderstandings.

Rare
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
My loyalist tear shield reminds me of a crying Virgin Mary.

Rare
11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
They should change it because it is the symbol of nazism since the rotation and the hooks are similar to this symbol.
With another rotation it would be more like the buddhists swastika.
I suggest changing the design completely, not just the rotation, in order to avoid misunderstandings.

Its is not a swastika. Doesn't need to be changed.

FluffNStuff
11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
There are two ways to look at it. One, you can say the talon looks like, well a talon, designed to be an effective killing tool. The other way you could look at it is that it was purposely put in there as a symbol of the German military movement. So that means you have to take a look at the other weapons and ask what do they mean? What about the Scythe? On a BEAR? That is clearly a symbol of Mother Russia and the Stalinist movement. So we have the Germans and the Russians, but what about the USA? Look no further then the robed Mage carrying the new Torch weapon. So we have Nazi Germany, Mother Russia and Lady Liberty. These symbols are becoming much more clear. So there you have it. Are they random cool looking weapons, or is Black Smoke Mountain an Allegory for the hellish nightmare of Wold War II. Only you can decide.

Roberto077
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM
People who can be offended by the symbol exist in PL, so yeah, it is a problem.

Walkhardd
11-02-2012, 02:47 PM

There's always someone offended by something in this world.

xbabybugszx
11-02-2012, 03:09 PM
YouMadBro'?

Entertaining
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm just confused about the talon's color. Why is it red while rest of set is green? O.o

Bless
11-02-2012, 04:01 PM
would like that to happen :)

I don't recall saying anything against your religion. meant that to haters not u bro

Fusionstrike
11-02-2012, 06:08 PM
There are two ways to look at it. One, you can say the talon looks like, well a talon, designed to be an effective killing tool. The other way you could look at it is that it was purposely put in there as a symbol of the German military movement. So that means you have to take a look at the other weapons and ask what do they mean? What about the Scythe? On a BEAR? That is clearly a symbol of Mother Russia and the Stalinist movement. So we have the Germans and the Russians, but what about the USA? Look no further then the robed Mage carrying the new Torch weapon. So we have Nazi Germany, Mother Russia and Lady Liberty. These symbols are becoming much more clear. So there you have it. Are they random cool looking weapons, or is Black Smoke Mountain an Allegory for the hellish nightmare of Wold War II. Only you can decide.

You sir are a genius. You have cracked the hidden storyline that STS was preparing to reveal for the grand battle at L100. Clearly it will require Axis and Allies to join forces to defeat the interstellar armies of the feared galactic conqueror known as Mork from Ork.

Noodleleg
11-02-2012, 06:29 PM
You sir are a genius. You have cracked the hidden storyline that STS was preparing to reveal for the grand battle at L100. Clearly it will require Axis and Allies to join forces to defeat the interstellar armies of the feared galactic conqueror known as Mork from Ork.

NUCLEAR WARR!!! I guess... YOLO :)!

Sciazaratek
11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Rofl my furballs off @ both above

Sciazaratek
11-03-2012, 10:22 AM
P.S. willkommen im forum :)

Not everyone who post a thread about Nazism symbols in a game have to be German.

Reunegade
11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Nuuuuu do nawttt changgee teh looks of my neenja star!!!!!!

Rare
11-03-2012, 02:06 PM

They aren't offended by the symbol because it isn't an offensive symbol. They are offended because they want the symbol to be something it isn't.

Cahaun
11-03-2012, 02:30 PM
The talon isn't the problem. It's the people who want to make stuff up to be offended that are the problem.