PDA

View Full Version : gears are much harder to proc

Ilove_Poopoo
04-04-2024, 10:08 AM
"+A short cooldown is now applied to the relevant slots when switching gear to prevent unintentional proc 'stacking.'"

can u elaborate and give an example?

Fiasaria
04-04-2024, 10:18 AM
i guess from proc set to stats sets it worls normally, if you try to switch again it would still be on the cd for a bit

|Ares|
04-04-2024, 10:26 AM
+ A short cooldown is now applied to the relevant slots when switching gear to prevent unintentional proc 'stacking.'

Short explanation where was unintentional proc stacking even observed would be cool or elaborate in general.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-04-2024, 11:04 AM
idk if devs reduced the chance to proc gears, or probably its from that new update + A short cooldown is now applied to the relevant slots when switching gear to prevent unintentional proc 'stacking.' that's affecting it, and its kinda nonsense that no one asked for, it just messes up the gameplay.

Sb proc set isn't instant when swapping to it now. It needs several seconds despite hundreds of dots from skills are taking place.

Kraken weapons are much harder to proc as well.

Like it just ruins people who are fast with their hotbars and reflexes to be able to pull up some good combos, and now ruined from the cooldown. Why limit us to that?

Ilove_Poopoo
04-04-2024, 11:20 AM
You're basically limiting us to do good combos, especially people who are good with their hotbars and have great reflexes to be able to accomplish it. Now we can't really time things now cuz of the cooldown, which is bad for utilizing our gears and essentially nerfing our capabilities.

Squlo
04-04-2024, 11:27 AM
its kinda nonsense that no one asked for, it just messes up the gameplay.

Messes up or saves it? I was on the side of nerfing them rather than limiting people like that but gotta see if it is working like that.

And many people including me asked for it actually, considering that you literally can't even play the game properly without procs which ruins the actual gameplay.

frankcastle911
04-04-2024, 11:27 AM
Nah its actually a good idea, players shouldnt be able to complete maps this fast

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

|Ares|
04-04-2024, 11:36 AM
Nah its actually a good idea, players shouldnt be able to complete maps this fast

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Genuinely speak for yourself because if someone is not able to take the most from the gameplay where players can do many things with provided equipment that's on that person.
"Players shouldn't be able to complete maps this fast" is just senseless statement.

|Ares|
04-04-2024, 11:39 AM
You're basically limiting us to do good combos, especially people who are good with their hotbars and have great reflexes to be able to accomplish it. Now we can't really time things now cuz of the cooldown, which is bad for utilizing our gears and essentially nerfing our capabilities.

I agree with this. I don't understand the concept of implementing that cooldown. It just punishes the players rather than make them enjoy the game more whatsoever. Changes like this won't even affect casual player where majority of playerbase don't even understand the politics of how certain items, pets or even elixirs work together. Just revert it to what it was because it's so insanely unnecessary.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-04-2024, 11:40 AM

Sent from my SM-A125F using TapatalkThey already did by buffing mobs health and damage. But this cooldown on loadouts just compromises our timings, and reflexes of pulling out combos.

Messes up or saves it? I was on the side of nerfing them rather than limiting people like that but gotta see if it is working like that.

And many people including me asked for it actually, considering that you literally can't even play the game properly without procs which ruins the actual gameplay.

So you asked for cooldowns on loadouts? Are you saying that before this update, you had a problem that some of your gears proc too early or too late and you can't synchronize all of them to proc together? sounds like you need to reconfigure your hotbars better.

|Ares|
04-04-2024, 11:43 AM

If you asked for it and you're aware that you can't play properly without procs explain how was nerfing in any place good here.
Why people ask for nerfs in first place if they don't even understand the game and it how works with current changes.

zynkor
04-04-2024, 11:44 AM
I think by 'stacking' they meant proc-ing gears from a different hotbar items by mistake when you switch, since actual proc stacking was removed long ago. Example: you use a dmg set and cast a skill that has damage over time effects. Now if you switch to kraken set it will proc even if you don't want that.

It feels like the delay is 1s which seems reasonable to me, although I only use kraken procs not star beast procs, so I cannot argue about that.

Cinco
04-04-2024, 11:50 AM
Over the past several months we have had to fix individual issues wherein 'proc stacking' could still happen.

This change addresses the issue so we don't have to keep squashing individual problems with overlapping procs.

It's also important to note that only the associated slot is affected by this brief cooldown when switching gears.

Also, it's 1 sec. - a totally reasonable period of time that fixes all the potential overlap issues while keeping the gameplay fast and frenetic.

I have total confidence that you will make the minor adjustments required to make the most out of your arsenal.

Squlo
04-04-2024, 11:50 AM
If you asked for it and you're aware that you can't play properly without procs explain how was nerfing in any place good here.
Why people ask for nerfs in first place if they don't even understand the game and it how works with current changes.

Nah I can do it pretty well though it doesn't change the fact that it ruins the actual gameplay.

Stick to your skill spamming rogue gameplay instead of calling people can't play properly or cry more your choice

|Ares|
04-04-2024, 11:51 AM
Over the past several months we have had to fix individual issues wherein 'proc stacking' could still happen.

This change addresses the issue so we don't have to keep squashing individual problems with overlapping procs.

It's also important to note that only the associated slot is affected by this brief cooldown when switching gears.

Also, it's 1 sec. - a totally reasonable period of time that fixes all the potential overlap issues while keeping the gameplay fast and frenetic.

I have total confidence that you will make the minor adjustments required to make the most out of your arsenal.

Can you give us an example please?

Cinco
04-04-2024, 11:53 AM
Can you give us an example please?

Skull Axe proc stack was the most recent one I recall.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-04-2024, 12:03 PM
Skull Axe proc stack was the most recent one I recall.Why can't you just disable proc stacking to specific gears that you don't want stacked? so people just wouldn't include it in their arsenal.

You touched something that ruined everyone else's gameplay.

What happened with this update is there's a 1s cooldown for these associated slots for every time we switch it with another piece of equipment. Everyone in game who was utilizing all 8 hotbars are now complaining. Please reconsider and revert it back.

AgentStonoga
04-04-2024, 12:06 PM
Skull Axe proc stack was the most recent one I recall.

So instead of fixing an individual problem with skull axe, you had to affect whole gameplay in negative way? AL is too dynamic for that "cooldown".

Encryptions
04-04-2024, 12:09 PM
Skull axe is so trash these days, even if someone proced it and stacked it I doubt it did anything truly beneficial. 1 second may not sound long to you but in an environment where mobs can 1 shot you in under a second it really does matter. I switch sets prob 10 times in 5-7 seconds depending on the situation.
Just make skull axe not insta proc upon hit.

Cinco
04-04-2024, 12:09 PM
Why can't you just disable proc stacking to specific gears that you don't want stacked? so people just wouldn't include it in their arsenal.

You touched something that ruined everyone else's gameplay.

What happened with this update is there's a 1s cooldown for these associated slots for every time we switch it with another piece of equipment. Everyone in game who was utilizing all 8 hotbars are now complaining. Please reconsider and revert it back.

This effectively fixes all of the unintended proc overlaps. Adding an additional 1 sec. to every individual potential activation would be a lot less elegant and much more prone to error.

Cinco
04-04-2024, 12:10 PM
So instead of fixing an individual problem with skull axe, you had to affect whole gameplay in negative way? AL is too dynamic for that "cooldown".

No. Skull Axe was just the most recent. Like I said (and I'm sure you read) we have been running down individual problems with gear proc overlaps for a while and it was time for a proper overall solution.

Cinco
04-04-2024, 12:13 PM
Skull axe is so trash these days, even if someone proced it and stacked it I doubt it did anything truly beneficial. 1 second may not sound long to you but in an environment where mobs can 1 shot you in under a second it really does matter. I switch sets prob 10 times in 5-7 seconds depending on the situation.
Just make skull axe not insta proc upon hit.

It's not about Skull Axe; that was just the most recent of many issues we have had to deal with over a long period.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-04-2024, 12:17 PM
This effectively fixes all of the unintended proc overlaps. Adding an additional 1 sec. to every individual potential activation would be a lot less elegant and much more prone to error.

People whos utilizing all of their loadouts and hotbars has been cooking no problem before this update. And no threads in the last 2 years complained about buggy unintended proc overlaps. If its not broken, don't fix it.

And like someone had said, its a common occurrence that many maps now require needing and swapping between 6-8hotbars in 5-7seconds - because people who actually spend time in certain maps figure out the most efficient way to do it. But now we can't because every time we do, there's a 1s cooldown per switch before we can expect to proc. Again, this compromises the good players who are playing the game in a deeper level.

Encryptions
04-04-2024, 12:19 PM
It's not about Skull Axe; that was just the most recent of many issues we have had to deal with over a long period.

Really wished you guys never removed proc stacking but instead reworked it to be not broken. Procing dozer axe chasmal vest and dozer aegis doesn't even compare to being as strong as kraken is today. The amount of fun we had back then proc stacking is unbeatable, these days its 1 gear per slot you can proc, 2iq required to kill anything. I haven't even been able to mentally desire the want to run any map in the game because of how boring things are after proc stacking was removed. I couldn't even really enjoy temple anymore, I have the gears for it the skill but I only ran maybe 3 times due to how boring it has become.

You really had a golden opportunity to make a lot of money and a lot of players happy by making proc stack able gears rare and expensive throughout locks.

eze
04-04-2024, 12:19 PM

yall are trippin w this update revert rn. why make game trashier for us players with useless fake "buggy" update??

if anything let us players VOTE on this issue :D set up a poll revert or no.

AgentStonoga
04-04-2024, 12:29 PM
No. Skull Axe was just the most recent. Like I said (and I'm sure you read) we have been running down individual problems with gear proc overlaps for a while and it was time for a proper overall solution.

Didn't see any thread in forum or any player "stacking proc" in a way where he would get an unfair advantage compared to players who weren't "stacking proc".
As others said, there are maps which require many hotbar swaps in short amount of time. For example, this change hurt rogues survivability, since they don't have an immunity and they need proc fast to not die (and giving them immunity would hurt warriors and sorcerers, cause what would be the point of using these classes if we could just use immortal class with more dmg).

Cinco
04-04-2024, 12:32 PM
And no threads in the last 2 years complained about buggy unintended proc overlaps.

Didn't see any thread in forum or any player "stacking proc" in a way where he would get an unfair advantage compared to players who weren't "stacking proc"..

Players who find issues related to power and 'exploits' have learned not to post in a public setting because there is a very high risk getting trashed on the forums and harassed in-game.

We get most of our power-related bug reports privately and through Customer Service.

Just sayin' - I don't like it, but it's true :-/

Cinco
04-04-2024, 12:33 PM
You really had a golden opportunity to make a lot of money and a lot of players happy by making proc stack able gears rare and expensive throughout locks.

Okay! I am convinced. Next Legends game will be all about proc stacking from the get-go :-)

Ilove_Poopoo
04-04-2024, 12:42 PM
Players who find issues related to power and 'exploits' have learned not to post in a public setting because there is a very high risk getting trashed on the forums and harassed in-game.

We get most of our power-related bug reports privately and through Customer Service.

Just sayin' - I don't like it, but it's true :-/

Those issues would only be possible with the new gears released. So, before you release new stuff, just test it - if it should be procing with the current meta or not. Still, this update fixes nothing, and is a nuisance to everyone. I hope you reconsider this, or find a way to fix whatever problem you're seeing without compromising our freedom of being able to accurately and precisely do things with our hotbars and procs.

No one can be as swift anymore, we're all downgraded to the level of new player's poor understanding of swapping hotbars and loadouts. Sad.

Encryptions
04-04-2024, 12:58 PM
Okay! I am convinced. Next Legends game will be all about proc stacking from the get-go :-)If it worked similar to AL and became true I would play the game a lot more than I do any other game I currently play.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

zynkor
04-04-2024, 01:06 PM
I think by 'stacking' they meant proc-ing gears from a different hotbar items by mistake when you switch, since actual proc stacking was removed long ago. Example: you use a dmg set and cast a skill that has damage over time effects. Now if you switch to kraken set it will proc even if you don't want that.

It feels like the delay is 1s which seems reasonable to me, although I only use kraken procs not star beast procs, so I cannot argue about that.

Going back here, a friend just tried proc-ing and switching star beast and kraken in some hard lb maps. He says that while it still works, it feels a bit hard to come up with an elegant strategy now because there is always a 1s (+1-2s from charging skills/attacks) window in-between, which could be a little annoying at times and cause them to die because of bad timing.

Perhaps you could try reducing the delay a bit to around 500ms and see how that works?

Americanarmy
04-04-2024, 01:10 PM
yall are trippin w this update revert rn. why make game trashier for us players with useless fake "buggy" update??

if anything let us players VOTE on this issue :D set up a poll revert or no.
A poll for updates is certainly needed i soooo 100% agree with you like why dont they make a poll for the community

Activista
04-04-2024, 05:29 PM
A poll for updates is certainly needed i soooo 100% agree with you like why dont they make a poll for the community

because everyone would vote for things that surely cause imbalance

Ciiepaoa
04-04-2024, 06:32 PM
In this case add all the loot drop odds in lockeds and maps

recilencia123
04-04-2024, 10:04 PM

there is another bug with glinstone aegis, and more ppl keep in secret @.@ nab

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Youraveragemage
04-05-2024, 04:06 AM
Those issues would only be possible with the new gears released. So, before you release new stuff, just test it - if it should be procing with the current meta or not. Still, this update fixes nothing, and is a nuisance to everyone. I hope you reconsider this, or find a way to fix whatever problem you're seeing without compromising our freedom of being able to accurately and precisely do things with our hotbars and procs.

No one can be as swift anymore, we're all downgraded to the level of new player's poor understanding of swapping hotbars and loadouts. Sad.

+1, this is ruining the gameplay for alot of players.

trueido
04-05-2024, 04:35 AM
Cinco, easy solution is just hard nerf arcane weapons when they are being used above 5 levels.
Example: problem with skull axe - if the proc was super weak for level 86, no one would have used it with new stuff.
Let’s say dozer axe proc is 70% less effective from level 82, it will also make space for upcoming weapon procs at level 86.

You did this on Ebon aegis, the reflection heavily nerfed at some point, and idk why other weapons do not get the same treatment.
It will be much easier than adding weird stuff that can mess up the gameplay

Apocalyptis
04-05-2024, 12:51 PM
Crazy how a single unexpected update can ruin the game. Hate it. I get that casual players will barely feel anything, but cooldown after each swap is something terrible in any leaderboard run.
Not even mentioning hardcore mode, where it’s gonna be dangerous to players with actual end-game gear.

Even though it “prevents” proc stacking, it does more damage to the quality of any competetive gameplay where proc stacking isn’t even used.

Just remove this cooldown completely please.

Cinco
04-05-2024, 01:06 PM
The slot swapping period has been cut to 500 milliseconds with the most recent game update.

This allows us to maintain the fix for various (unpublished) proc overlaps while significantly reducing the effect of how it feels in combat.

Best wishes

Mitsooos
04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
So much time having problems with delays or not responding when I'm switching equipment fast because of my unstable connection, now that the delay is standard I didn't even notice it.