PDA

View Full Version : Time to pack my bags and go on another journey... :)

Zeus
11-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey guys,

I just figured I should tell you that I do not play Pocket Legends anymore. I have officially quit. If any of you notice, I haven't been online in weeks and the times that I am online, I'm not online for longer than an hour.

I will probably make a post or two on forums daily, although some days I do not post at all, but I am feeling disinterested in general. I no longer have the will to play. The only times that I am online are when my friends ask me to be.

I'll likely host a contest to give back to the community when I find the time to do so.

Journey:

I began in Swamps/AO1 (Swamps was just finishing up!) Around Alien Oasis II, I met this wonderful player known as DawnInfinity. She's still one of my good friends today and will always be even though she no longer plays this game. Something that many of you didn't know? I was an utter noob! A lazy one at that. I believe I was in the L20s when I paid her to powerlevel me.

Back then, I didn't play very often until summer vacation started and I was utterly bored. Eventually, by the time I really got into the game, AOI ended and AOII started (which stayed for MONTHS on end). I remember when Thoth and Isis, before their stats were altered/nerfed were the best thing since sliced bread. I remember how little I spent on the game, hardly anything. I would spend maybe 50 bucks every 6 months on the game? That's a pretty cheap price to pay for such an amazing game. I would play hours on end. Infact, I farmed one of the very few Zuraz Shock Lances in the game at the time. It was an AMAZING weapon. In those days, it would go for 1mil+ which in present day is probably worth around 10 mil.

AOIII came out and my interest spiked even more. It was a radical design change, completely different from the rest of the AO series. People initially loved and hated this campaign. One of the people I most respected, Furrawn, actually quit due to this campaign (666 posts for life! <3) Eventually people grew to love it, despite the gold sink it was (Notice I said gold sink, they actually had them back in the days. Platinum was not the issue in those days, but gold was.)

Eventually that came to an end and Balefort Sewers was released. Like AOIII, people didn't like it originally. It wasn't because of the difficulty, but many did not like how the gear looked. Soon enough, it all grew onto us oldies. It was the first elite cap, back when one would achieve the "ELITE" status for the crown, no set bonus. Infact, some of the hardcore PvPers actually achieved the elite cap for that extra 5 attribute points and one skill point. It was again, a very long campaign. Towards the end of the campaign, gold elixirs got taken away! :( At the time, you could purchase up to a 3x 5 minute elixir for 6k gold which would be removed if you died. Yes, that meant you'd have to purchase it again. Spacetime Studios came back and brought to us what we already had, but in the form of lengthy elixirs for platinum. The thrasher punch (4x) became available in this age. People capped more toons without much effort and loved having elixirs again. Little did we know that these very elixirs would be the thing to promote bad gameplay, but at the same time, expand Spacetime.

Nuri's came about and left rather quickly as well. This was the first time when sets costed more than a gold cap. A demonic xbow set would cost roughly 15 million gold, which was accumulated when people stocked up on gold during Balefort Sewers. It was a mad rush to the 61 cap and the first few didn't even have a prize at the end. The Nuri's Hallow shield was actually added later on and so was the beloved vanity set bonus which received a very positive recognition originally. This campaign was a quickie. It came and left before we even knew it.

I could go on, but I'll just end the campaigns there and keep it short.

Guilds:

I'd like to thank C.O.T, Renaissance, Triumph, Revelation, and Unity (for the brief time I was there) all welcome me with open arms and amazing attitudes. They are all amazing guilds that truly enhanced my PL experience.

Friends:

I'd like to thank all of the follow and those I don't list for making me love PL.

• All of the PL community, forumers and non-forumers, thank you for making PL and enjoyable place.

• Mitch, Ted, Adam, Will, Steven (Noodle), Steven (Walkhardd), Chloe, David (Cloak), Ikungfupanda, Crimsontider, Mothwing, Stompartist, Snakespeare, Dawninfinity, Flacs, Azefekie, Robert, Whirlz, necroreaper, Angel, Thelonearcher, bigsleazy, Corvus, Colborne, Ani, Pandamoni, David (Mysticaldream), Chris (Otukaru), Wartornbird (and many more, just in a rush, I'll add you all when I can!)

• all of the developers and moderators, you rock!!! Special shout out to JustG, Cinco, Dracknor, Mjolstin, Flip, Pandar, Airrie, and Delphina

• Samhayne: you are absolutely wonderful! You do more than your job and beyond and put your heart in this game. Love you and much respect!

Most of all, I thank STS for the amazing games, support, and customer satisfaction they provide. Keep doing what you do! :)

Thank you all and good bye. :)

Have fun in all STS games and the upcoming AL!!!

C ya! :)

~Apollo (Parth)

Delphina
11-01-2012, 09:35 PM
No.... Apollo! You can't leave :(

Zaheris
11-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Wow. Another one bites the dust X(. You were a great player, and community member. I wish you the best of luck! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

BodMaster
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Parth!!!!!! :(

Take it easy bro! And stay in touch, haven't been able to catch you for a catch up since I had returned.

Jcyee
11-01-2012, 10:00 PM
wow. who wouldve seen this one coming...

sad to see you go apollo, but good luck with whatever life throws at you :)

Lowlyspy
11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Tis a sad day when you leave. Later Parthy, been a pleasure knowing you.

Aracnus
11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
*sniffle* The day PL loses Apollo, is a very sad day indeed for all of the world who plays any STS game :grey:

Walkhardd
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
:'(

Sad to say that I saw it coming. Gunna miss you in game bro. Stay in touch, and I know you'll pwn anything life throws your way.

Noodleleg
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
I <3 you Parth. Visit as often as you can. We'll talk via text! And wow... Made 'dat list o_O... I feel honored! Get that P.H.D. you Phatty!

Luvaria
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
That was extremely unexpected :(
Sorry to see you go, and thanks for making all of our PL experiences so much more fun!

Elyseon
11-02-2012, 01:33 AM
i hate to see vets go
but life's gotta go on
miss seeing you around

ArtofWar
11-02-2012, 03:51 AM
good luck bro

Skeletonlord
11-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Good luck Dude. You will be missed. You have served the community and have been an awesome community member.

I have really enjoyed your company while I have been here, be safe in your future endeavours.

StompArtist
11-02-2012, 10:25 AM
*sadface*

Best of luck in your future endeavors! Don't be a stranger now.

Seiyen
11-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Bye parth ,hope to seee u again:)
*salutes*

captaintuttle
11-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey Parth - you mind if I send you a friend request on facebook??? I miss chatting with you from time-to-time! Be well, buddy!! :smiley_simmons:

CrimsonTider
11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Parfimus...

I was waiting for the day. I remember back in Jan. what you told me and you are 255 past due. ;)

Anyway, good luck. Study hard and don't waste a year of college (like some of us *cough*.) You will be missed!

See ya in AL! HA!

Justg
11-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Best of luck man, it's been a pleasure.

- g

Samhayne
11-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey Apollo,

Thanks for being part of our community and helping to make it awesome! Change is inevitable. I think of these times as not the end of one chapter, but the start of a new one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ClTktEf4CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ClTktEf4CA

If you're ever looking to kill some time on your phone, maybe you'll check out what's new from Spacetime. :) Thanks very much for the kind words and my sincere best wishes to you for everything the future holds for you.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Zeus
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Hey Parth - you mind if I send you a friend request on facebook??? I miss chatting with you from time-to-time! Be well, buddy!! :smiley_simmons:

Sure! :)

@Crim Haha, well, little late for departure but I still got myself a flight! ;)

@Gary Thanks! :)

@Samhayne Thanks and thank you for helping to craft it into such a wonderful community. :)

Bless
11-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Miss u bro :) u gonna play AL? Ur a truly great forumer and a friend. GL in life.

Ubernewber
11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Nooooooo you made my pl the funnest ever. Will miss you forever good luck in real life <3

Snakespeare
11-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Parth, you have always been one of the great players in my mind. I wish you luck in future games. If you come back, make another post here, ok? Also, I hope you become a doctor. You're smart enough and have the gumption, so go for it!!!

Kiwihawk
11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Awwwww Bro :(

Enjoy Life
I Have Loved Being Ya Friend <3

Jblazer
11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
No man!:( I'll miss you bro <3

angeldawn
11-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Awe Parthy

You are an amazing friend! You are a part of so many of my happy STS moments (and even some of the craziest!!). I don't think many ppl have made me blush or laugh as hard as you have. I will always treasure you!!!

I know you'll still be in my life but I will miss seeing you online and you making my day.

I won't say good bye cuz I know this isn't the end. (and it will make me cry)

Love you Parthy!!!
Mwah 💋
😪

Matutd
11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow, just wow. Really didn't see this coming. I'll miss you buddy. Have to say a huge thankyou to you for helping me out with pvp. If it wasn't for you, I'd still be a noob. Also, you helped me in PvP in star legends, trusted me with your full custom set and nova, and we became pretty close. You were one of the few friends that I didn't have to worry about offending because you were always willing to accept a joke and always gave as good as you got haha. Actually I have been waiting for you to come online lately to help me in my bear, but it's cool, I got advice from buddy (a far better bear IMO ;)).
So this is farewell? I don't think I need to write all the cliche stuff, you know everyone will say that. So instead I'll leave you with a simple goodbye. :)

WarTornBird
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
We'll keep in touch buddeh. Feel free to send me a text erey now and again. <3 Many times you've been there for me broski and I appreciate it. You took me in as a noob and turned me into somethin better, hate to see you walk away. Happens to the best obviously. Love you man, take care.

Kixxler
11-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Bye, give me some stuff, but bye.

Mothwing
11-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Awwww Parfy :( I'm gonna miss our Cali talks xD Those were the days. Now that you and Zom have both left me, I'm aloooone! Jokes. :p I'll miss you bro :(

Jblazer
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
*equips tragedy mask*:(

XghostzX
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey Parth,

It's really sad to see you go. Thanks for being my big bro in game, I'll always look up to ya. Knowing you, I know life will go the way you want it to. Take care man, send a text now and then.

~Will

The Flash
11-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Wow there almost nobody left from the AOIII/Sewers time. Less and less oldies by the caps. I think what has kept me here has been the crazy goal I put for myself. If/when I accomplish it might be a end for me. Good luck.

Rot
11-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Soon the elite ones are gonna be today's lv1 bird stuck in Forest Haven, begging. Right?
There's an idiom in Mandarin called '長江後浪推前浪', which means ' Just as the waves of the Yangtze River behind drive on those ahead, so does each new generation replace the old one. '
There will eventually be an end for everything, and there's another Chinese idiom for that.
Good bye and good luck in life, Apollo. I'm sure the community will miss you.

Jugernugetx
11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Whoa. *inshock*

Bebsi
11-08-2012, 02:59 AM
*Sigh*
Hate to see u go, bro. The time of us vets is over soon ;(((

GL, hope to see u once in a while

SuperGotenks
11-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Parth, ive known since i started pl. Even though we had the ups and downs, we were close. Youve given me alot of help, never stopped working, and still had enough time for this game! You taught me how to not be nervous to girls, and how to stand up for myself. You were always there for me if i got bullied, and i know for sure we had fights. I know i would bother you sometimes, but isnt that what friends are for? You took san bernadino university, which is a great college. Parth, to conclude my farewell to you, youre an older brother to me. You stuck up for me, and i certainly stick up for you. Youre a great example for the younger players in this community. Anyways, I would never regret meeting you.
Work hard, keep up the good work, and youll be set for life.

Sincerely,

Ryan.

saool
11-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Sigh...
You had mentioned this to me before it's sad you weren't trolling me.

Well best wishes in everything and anything you do in life. I'll miss you buddy, and plox stay in touch. :mad:

Piosidon
11-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Cya man and I understand what PL is like now. Back in the old days capped players helped others to cap. I would've never beaten Gurgox, kill the Overlord, learn about buffs, and so much more without the help from random people. Now, the only reasons lvl 76s go to alien oasis are for personal wants and power level close friends.

We've never talked much, Apollo, but I've always had a respect for you from hearing about everything you've done to keep the spirit of old PL alive.

I wish you luck in the future!

Wretch
11-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Best of luck to you!

Send my love with you to the other oldies! ( they know who they are)

Edit: trolololoolol to one you missed! Our lovely lady!

Otukura
11-11-2012, 06:24 PM
**** bro, you need better friends if im up there.

Rawrimafish
11-11-2012, 11:13 PM
are poeple quitting cus of the updates?

EDIT: i hate that i keep seeing people quitting D: and its really sorta the older players

razerfingers
11-11-2012, 11:20 PM
are poeple quitting cus of the updates?

EDIT: i hate that i keep seeing people quitting D: and its really sorta the older players

For me its not fully quit. Just stoping leveling and being less active after i get to this cap for 3pc vanity ring. I mean its fun but 10k per level isnt FUN its "fun" grinding isnt fun to me .

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

AbsolutePally
11-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Best man I know. You've helped in game and irl to me and many. Thanks for everything ive aalways known you'd be
Successful in anything you do. It was a real pleasure man. Text me anytime Partho!

Suentous PO
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
This is the most depressing part of the forums, which is why I don't check it usually.
At least well still hear from you on forums.
Cheers bro

Pandamoni
11-19-2012, 04:20 AM
Parth! I'm just seeing this! Thank you for always being a great friend and being a sweetheart when I was noob. Best of luck to you! I know you'll make a great surgeon some day. Take care!

Petrichor
11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Awe good for you Parth! I wish you the best of luck in your pursuits in life :) I hope everything is going well for you. We have not spoken in FOREVER. I know you have your head on straight so I am positive you are doing fine. The time finally came for you. We talked about this so many times this year. Best of luck on the next chapter in your life!

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Wow. I really should check sunsets and happy trails more often. Can't believe you're leaving, man! I never knew you that well, but I know I'll miss you! I'm sure many other players will as well.

Not sure what else to say, honestly. Take care, and God bless! :)

Shonex
11-29-2012, 05:14 AM
To bad you`re leaving bro,good luck and take care! ;)

Otukura
11-29-2012, 09:52 PM
hes never gonna leave guys, dont say bye

help me organize a hit squad instead

Otukura
11-29-2012, 11:18 PM
my legal name actually isn't christopher, it's just chris.

Zeus
11-29-2012, 11:24 PM
my legal name actually isn't christopher, it's just chris.

I know, you already know how I love getting your name wrong though. I call your Christopher because it's fun to call you Christopher, just as it's fun to name your character Partholomew on OnC.

Otukura
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
I know, you already know how I love getting your name wrong though. I call your Christopher because it's fun to call you Christopher, just as it's fun to name your character Partholomew on OnC.

add me on onc btw

Zeus
11-30-2012, 12:10 AM
add me on onc btw

I don't play, but okay, when I have the time. I think I was called Venetian or Herculean there, can't remember which one was my main.

Otukura
11-30-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't play, but okay, when I have the time. I think I was called Venetian or Herculean there, can't remember which one was my main.

its ok, ill know its u if i see a retarded name

DanielRH
11-30-2012, 06:18 AM
Farewell Apollo, been a wonderful run! I wish you luck in all your endeavors and perhaps we will see you return in coming months :)

Zeus
11-30-2012, 02:12 PM
its ok, ill know its u if i see a retarded name

Lol. :p

@Daniel, while I'm still present on the forums, I highly doubt I'll be present in game anymore.

aniybo
11-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Lol. :p

@Daniel, while I'm still present on the forums, I highly doubt I'll be present in game anymore.

No one knows your future. Have fun and hope you become a surgeon!

brodiniozo
11-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Later apollo! Take care bro.

lakersrockftw
12-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I always miss leaves like this :(. GL in life apollo.

Noodleleg
12-03-2012, 11:07 PM
I always miss leaves like this :(. GL in life apollo.

No need to wish him luck :D! He's born rich and going to become a surgeon :p! But yeah... Hate it when people like him leave -_-...

Cascade
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Seems like the oldies are slowly dwindling, cya Parth. I remember one of our first discussions in-game in AO1 I believe, we talked about exercising. Random I know.

DawnInfinity
12-29-2012, 12:52 AM
This is a little late, but love you Parthy! <3

Y O L O
01-01-2013, 03:48 PM
goodbye apollo :(

Spectre
01-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Parth so sad to see you leaving bro. Its always sad to look how ppl like you leaving. You one of my oldest friends here and one of smartest and nicest guys I ever met here.
I just can wish you luck in life bro :) Hope somewhere in future you will come back :)

Extreme
01-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Later Apollo,
You are one of my idol ;) first time i played PL , i was a lil nub burd and not wanting to play this game because I thought it wasnt an attracting game . I tried entering towne and was trying to look around . I saw a burd (You) with fantastic gold crown (COP) .I took my first screenshot on this game and started to play and tried to be like you ... Till now im seeing u leaving...

Thx bruh ! Sad to see you leave, Good luck in RL Cyaa..

Caiahar
01-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Thank you Apollo for all those usefull posts. You may dont know me, but ocassionally we reply to each other in People behind the Characters.

LwMark
01-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Your still here though

Zeus
01-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Your still here though

You didn't read the entire thing, but I'm back! Looks like I needed a two month break instead.

RedRyder
01-21-2013, 02:23 PM
boy do these get more and more dramatic every time..

lol just kidding bud. we all have things that take priority over gaming. good luck in anything you do.

Zeus
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
boy do these get more and more dramatic every time..

lol just kidding bud. we all have things that take priority over gaming. good luck in anything you do.

Lol, I don't recall making another before this? ._.

Bahaha & actually, the two month break really helped me with classes. :)

azefekie
01-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Well this is a downer thread....parth if you leave I'll jump off my bed...may break a leg or stub a toe but i swear I'LL DO IT!!! don't tempt a desperate man!!

Don't leave me :3

RedRyder
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
oh woops, i didnt realize how old the thread was lol.

Everyone'sFavMage
05-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Leave pls. And add me to ur PRAH list of friends plox.

fogyys
06-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Everyone is going to miss you.. Especially me. Good luck out there man...

Caiahar
06-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Everyone is going to miss you.. Especially me. Good luck out there man...
Woot look at date before EFM.
Also look at other posts.

dudetus
06-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Bye, we all will miss u :'(

WhoIsThis
06-09-2013, 04:59 PM
It does indeed look like the end of an era. Farewell.

XghostzX
06-09-2013, 08:44 PM

I see you're still stalking the forums, we miss yew <3

Caiahar
06-09-2013, 09:36 PM

I see you're still stalking the forums, we miss yew <3
We?
Eh, we miss you Willy.
And Don miss anyone when yew quit.

dudetus
07-28-2013, 04:42 AM
Byebye Apollo we will miss u :(!!

Zeus
07-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Byebye Apollo we will miss u :(!!

Why do you have to keep bumping this?

dudetus
07-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Why do you have to keep bumping this?

Whoops sorry didn't notice the date sry!!!

Zeus
07-29-2013, 05:29 AM
Whoops sorry didn't notice the date sry!!!

Bye, we all will miss u :'(

????

dudetus
07-29-2013, 05:48 AM
????

Welcome back Apollo, we missed u :)!

Thatkidoverthere
07-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Lmfao, course it has to be Dudetus!

Roberto077
07-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Lol.

Trenton
07-30-2013, 11:37 PM
EDIT: Thanks Dudetus :)

Revealing
08-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Wb Apollo :P

Mage till the end
08-21-2013, 01:50 PM
XD this thread cracks me up. All the necros

angeldawn
08-21-2013, 06:19 PM
XD this thread cracks me up. All the necros

I miss u :(

dudetus
08-22-2013, 01:40 AM

Don't bump!

Parth dislikes it :(

Revealing
08-22-2013, 03:38 AM

Don't bump!

Parth dislikes it :(

Kk u tempted meh wiv ur ninja skills

Vystirch
09-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Wow, sad to see another go. Your words on the forums were always golden man.

-Vys

Revealing
09-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Wow, sad to see another go. Your words on the forums were always golden man.

-Vys
Lel 1 year ago

Vystirch
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Lel 1 year ago

HE's still here. Just needed to say goodbye a second time :)

-Vys

dudetus
09-19-2013, 03:35 AM
:(.

Revealing
09-19-2013, 10:23 AM
:(.

Lel hai NECROER

@vys :Confused:

Justg
09-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Glad you are still here. Gonna close this one up now.