PDA

View Full Version : PL done?

n00b13st
11-02-2012, 02:40 AM
STS,

It seems you are going backward with PL. Looks like you have gone back to "buy the 'deal of the day' spam on first login for each character". That is annoying and a waste of my time.

Your daily timeouts are still...an insult to your customers. 6 hours? Really? We wait 24 hours but it rots in 6? That's an insult to your customers.

For God's sake, can't you act like we are customers rather than marks? Seriously, your corporate future and my personal financial participation in your games depend on you taking seriously the opinions of your customers.

If you think your customer base is children who live in your almost ready for prime time game then please refund every penny I've paid you. You keep almost being worth playing but not quite making it.

undertheradar
11-02-2012, 03:06 AM
When I was 5 I fell out of a moving car.

Wrath
11-02-2012, 03:24 AM
When I was 5 I fell out of a moving car.
Hahahha happened to my lil bro when we were kids. Funniest crap ever

wvhills
11-02-2012, 09:06 AM
well, this is a rage post but I do agree with it being annoying that the deal of the day thing pops up when i'm collecting my blessings.

AresDamage
11-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Haha lol

Bless
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Haha lol weren't u banned?

Lowellpimpd
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Lol ikr i think sts should take more time and have there devs actually play the game with real players and get there inputs kinda like fieldwork

Rare
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM

ib4l

Nothing really to say. So much rage over something so insignificant.

n00b13st
11-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I was indeed angry but I did my best to phrase my sincere feedback in a constructive way. I don't think being angry violates any STS or forum rules but the several trolling responses don't seem to have much value or constructiveness to them. Thank you Lowellpimpd and wvhills for your more considered responses.

Rare
11-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I was indeed angry but I did my best to phrase my sincere feedback in a constructive way.

I didn't find anything constructive in your op.

Cahaun
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
All you had to do was make a post in the Suggestion area stating on what you think would be best while giving good examples on what you are thinking of, and list down the topics for them to be reviewed by developers and open to the forum for discussion. Raging isn't going to help and burned down constructiveness to just pointless.

McBain
11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Your daily timeouts are still...an insult to your customers. 6 hours? Really? We wait 24 hours but it rots in 6? That's an insult to your customers.

You know what's really insulting? Complaining about something that you're getting for free.

n00b13st
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
You know what's really insulting? Complaining about something that you're getting for free.

Elements of the game are free - technically you can play for free but a vast amount of the best stuff in the game is only available for cash. I have paid quite a bit of money over the years. I've even mentioned that I'd be willing to consider a subscription if I could gain some of the features I want, such as avoiding those ads.

All you had to do was make a post in the Suggestion area stating on what you think would be best while giving good examples on what you are thinking of, and list down the topics for them to be reviewed by developers and open to the forum for discussion. Raging isn't going to help and burned down constructiveness to just pointless.

I have in fact done just that. In particular I've suggested that we should have an option to not be shown daily deals we've already bought and that it would be much less annoying to only show a given account the deal of the day a single time instead of for each character. I'm certainly not going to buy because you showed it to me on login on 5 characters when I didn't want it on the first 4. I've suggested that timeouts should be more suited to the waiting period for the goal to "ripen".

Since I did make the suggestions - and this is indeed the suggestions and feedback forum - and given that I have paid plenty, I really think I'm entitled to express my dissatisfaction as a customer.

I didn't find anything constructive in your op.

I will grant that I could have expressed myself differently but I did raise the points I feel need to be addressed (the constructiveness I mentioned) and as far as I can tell I was within the rules of the forum in how I expressed myself. Nobody from STS has told me otherwise and I'll certainly respect any feedback they give if I did cross a line. Within those rules I think I'm allowed to have some frustration in my tone.

Even with the emotion that was apparent in my post, I don't think there is a reasonable argument that those posts after mine approached the constructiveness, the actually presenting points and relevant information, that mine had.

Cruis
11-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Maybe we should close the thread? Kinda' intense.

Riccits
11-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Maybe we should close the thread? Kinda' intense.

hell no, let the flames rise! :vmad:

Bloodmage
11-06-2012, 04:29 AM
Guys just chill he gave a suggestion and u guys can give urs in a new thread or u could tell him ur ideas just dont argue. We are one big community

Rare
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I will grant that I could have expressed myself differently but I did raise the points I feel need to be addressed (the constructiveness I mentioned) and as far as I can tell I was within the rules of the forum in how I expressed myself. Nobody from STS has told me otherwise and I'll certainly respect any feedback they give if I did cross a line. Within those rules I think I'm allowed to have some frustration in my tone.

Even with the emotion that was apparent in my post, I don't think there is a reasonable argument that those posts after mine approached the constructiveness, the actually presenting points and relevant information, that mine had.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you violated any rules. But you did let your anger get the better of you. That won't help your case and is going to attract trolls that disagree with you. I don't really disagree with the things you mentioned.

Rare
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Guys just chill he gave a suggestion and u guys can give urs in a new thread or u could tell him ur ideas just dont argue. We are one big community

Nono... that's the problem I had. There were no suggestions. Just rants.

Cruis
11-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Nono... that's the problem I had. There were no suggestions. Just rants.

I agree, he never said "this should happen" or "they need to fix this". Just stating what he thought

Techno Email
11-07-2012, 03:04 PM
We set it up this way for the weekend while we had Big Luck for sale. We get a lot of requests for this item, so we wanted to make it a little more visible while it was up. This will happen occasionally when we put something super sweet for sale, but the majority of the time you can expect to not get the Deal of the Day pop-up. :encouragement:

McBain
11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Big Luck was on sale this weekend???

The one time I don't log on for a couple days....FML!

Energizeric
11-10-2012, 01:46 AM
well, this is a rage post but I do agree with it being annoying that the deal of the day thing pops up when i'm collecting my blessings.

Collecting your blessings? The purpose of making extra toons is not to collect blessings but to play on those toons. If made a million toons just to collect massive amounts of blessings, then you should be inconvenienced. Maybe they should make it take 5 minutes to change toons. Then people would only do it for legit reasons.

Straticus
12-18-2012, 01:45 AM
I agree with the poster wholeheartedly. This wasn't stage post, but more a post from a long time supporter if STS that now feels betrayed.

My rant is more generalized. ST, I get that a large part of your revenue stream comes from in app purchases, and have no objection whatever. However, when you remove the availability to buy health and mana pots using in game gold, I have to object. Many of us have supported you from day one through all of your products, and I feel that this really changes the game experience from something that was fun to feeling let down. Come on guys. Give us our pots back

CriticalCyr
12-18-2012, 02:15 AM
We can still buy potions for gold. Just go to a potions vendor.