PDA

View Full Version : My Big Thread of Feedback.

ninjaduck
11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
So far, I've grinded until about L11 in 3-4 hours. It's fantastic. I don't have the patience to grind to L10 in PL, but this was really great. The variety of quests, gamble-mechanic of Chests, drop rate of pinks (got 2 so far :D) etc. is very, very well made.

Pros

I thouroughly enjoyed the Tutorial, great camera effects, and good for newer players. It could be a little bit shorter though, I suggest let the player figure out things like Gateways and Skill Points.
Starting off as a low level, the difficulty of the mobs was just right. At the first level, I immediatly got the jist of the way to use the Sorcerer properly without guzzling pots. So all in all, good job with L1-5
The quests are great. Honestly. There is the general challenge (kill the Jarl) and then you may have to find the person to complete the quest with. I do feel however, the amount of quests is a bit large. A few less of the tedious Letter from Katrins would be great. All in all, still very, very good. :)
The balance of drops is pretty good at the moment. I feel when a weapon I'm using is starting to become weak, I look in my Inventory, and bam, theres a weapon FOR MY LEVEL, FOR MY CLASS, that will improve on the previous weapon. So, in terms of drops, still good.
I love the chests! I'd like to see a few more drop, but they are brilliant if you dont have any weapons for your level, and open a chest to find a Purp for your class and level.
Ally interface. Although slightly OP (too much gold output) they give me a reason to log back on.
The Global Map feature. I love the idea of unlocking gateways. However, I dont like the fact that you can just join a high level friend and unlock the gateways without killing the boss surrounding the door to enter the region. Refine this maybe?

Cons

The Locked Camera feature. I am getting used to this feature, and I'm acutally coming to like it. One suggestion though: give it a leveling feature like in SL. If I were to drag up I am on a low level compared to my character. Vice versa, and I have a bids eye view.
The Menu Feature is a tiny bit squashed, and the orientation is different to PL, which confuses me cometimes.
I'm getting VERY confused with this Party funciton. When I leave a member to join a Towne, I have no party members. However when I go back to the Dungeon, they all reappear. Also, sometimes people can't join me "Because its full" when theres nobody on the map. Its probably just me ,but I'd like to have it explained to be nonetheless
I mentioned this already. Skill maps. I began my first character by adding 1 point to every skill I had. Then I realised there was no point, because there were only 4 skill slots. An arrow to switch maps would be good.
Vary the daily allies please. At the moment I get about 10K a day for doing nothing. What about a 6 hour one, a 24 hour one, and a 10 minute one. Ofcourse, you would have to vary the rewards, but it would get people online a lot more, and would give some variation to the feature.
Lower general plat prices for things like Respec'ing.
Please balance the stats a bit more. At the moment, a pure int mage with FULL FOUNDERS is complete rubbish. Add 15 str however, and you have a potential healer-tank. This means STR is kind of dominating. There should be some sort of disadvantage to having STR, such as drasctically lower dodge.
I really really loved the free plat thing for the first 5 levels. Why not continue that in the higher levels? It takes alot more effort and would be fun to look forward to :)
Pots cost way too much at the moment
There should be some sort of indicator as to how much XP you have left for the next level.
Please, please please make the Jarls less strong. I could ONLY solo it on a 35 plat combo elixir. I want to be able to have a fighting chance to kill him.
The difficulty increase when people join your game, is a tiny bit over the top in my opinion. One minute I can get a mob to 1/2 HP in one hit. The next minute its not doing any visible damage at all.

Thanks, this thread will be constantly updated, be sure to notify me if you see any faults up there.

HappyDayy
11-02-2012, 02:24 PM
But sts said respeccing skills points is free guess they changed it

ninjaduck
11-02-2012, 02:32 PM
But sts said respeccing skills points is free guess they changed it

Last time I checked it was 13 plat. Ill recheck

CosmoxKramer
11-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Yay for someone giving an in depth post for us in the US to nimble on while we wait for AL to come out! If you have any cool screenshots, can people please share them too? :adoration:

Samhayne
11-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the Feedback, ninjaduck!

I'll go quickly through your list of cons:

Cons

The Locked Camera feature. I am getting used to this feature, and I'm acutally coming to like it. One suggestion though: give it a leveling feature like in SL. If I were to drag up I am on a low level compared to my character. Vice versa, and I have a bids eye view.

- Regarding the camera rotation, this is by design. We have seen from other Legends games that new users can get really confused with the camera rotation vs. character movement. So, we have designed the game so you don’t need to rotate your camera to play!

The Menu Feature is a tiny bit squashed, and the orientation is different to PL, which confuses me cometimes.

- It is a different game from PL, so it's going to be different. I'm pretty sure you'll get used to it after a bit of play.

I'm getting VERY confused with this Party funciton. When I leave a member to join a Towne, I have no party members. However when I go back to the Dungeon, they all reappear. Also, sometimes people can't join me "Because its full" when theres nobody on the map. Its probably just me ,but I'd like to have it explained to be nonetheless

- It's like a party in well, most other MMORPGs (I won't name them, but yeah, those other games). The other people you see in the adventure area are just other people there. You can use the button to send them all a party invite quickly with them if you like playing with them. If you do form a party, everyone will be able to go into the same areas together. It makes it really easy to remake, if you want to re-play an area. :)

I mentioned this already. Skill maps. I began my first character by adding 1 point to every skill I had. Then I realised there was no point, because there were only 4 skill slots. An arrow to switch maps would be good.

- I guess that's something the player needs to figure out

Vary the daily allies please. At the moment I get about 10K a day for doing nothing. What about a 6 hour one, a 24 hour one, and a 10 minute one. Ofcourse, you would have to vary the rewards, but it would get people online a lot more, and would give some variation to the feature.

- The daily rewards and daily allies are a very good way to accumulate gold. I would recommend that you log in and do them and your potions and pet feed might not seem so expensive. Also, the daily bard quests have some great rewards and players really like them. I highly recommend the daily bard quests as well.

Lower general plat prices for things like Respec'ing.

- I think that price point is under discussion.

Please balance the stats a bit more. At the moment, a pure int mage with FULL FOUNDERS is complete rubbish. Add 15 str however, and you have a potential healer-tank. This means STR is kind of dominating. There should be some sort of disadvantage to having STR, such as drasctically lower dodge.

- Like the skills above, its something the player probably needs to figure out. STR = more hit points and that is usually a good thing in any game :)

I really really loved the free plat thing for the first 5 levels. Why not continue that in the higher levels? It takes alot more effort and would be fun to look forward to

- We only give you so much for free. When full release happens, there will be offers to obtain free platinum too!

Pots cost way too much at the moment

- see above comment about the dailies

There should be some sort of indicator as to how much XP you have left for the next level.

- good point!

Please, please please make the Jarls less strong. I could ONLY solo it on a 35 plat combo elixir. I want to be able to have a fighting chance to kill him.

- They are still tuning encounters and overall balance.

The difficulty increase when people join your game, is a tiny bit over the top in my opinion. One minute I can get a mob to 1/2 HP in one hit. The next minute its not doing any visible damage at all.

- Create a party is a good way to control who is playing with you and who isn't.

I hope that helps!

ninjaduck
11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks alot Sam. Glad you took some pointers into consideration :)

n00b13st
11-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Sounding interesting and fun so far - hoping it turns out to be great when it comes to the US. Jealous of the people who get in on the beta (I haven't had a chance to be in a beta yet, not feeling the love in Chrome/Android/T-Mobile land...)

ninjaduck
11-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Sounding interesting and fun so far - hoping it turns out to be great when it comes to the US. Jealous of the people who get in on the beta (I haven't had a chance to be in a beta yet, not feeling the love in Chrome/Android/T-Mobile land...)

Honestly ive been having a ton of fun with it. Grinding with awesome guildies. Watching each other level up. Killing bosses meant for L15s. Dying to mobs of 100000000s of zombie archers. It is SERIOUSLY fun. The maps are brilliantly designed. I love it. Sadly I have go to bed now after grinding 4 levels (9-13) non stop.