PDA

View Full Version : lol lvl mooches are taking the joy out of the holloween lvls

epicwolfgang
11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
All the low lvl ppl showing up in 70+ makes you dont get super xp there all you do is take the space of a lvl appropriate person. we all know your there to steal xp and drops without having to do the work. Hows about you PLAY the game and not let others play it for you...that is all.

Rare
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
well... similar things can be said for lv 70+ in the lvl 10 maps.

Chopper
11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
well... similar things can be said for lv 70+ in the lvl 10 maps.

uhhh, I can't imagine a Lvl 70 player showing up in a Lvl 10 map and soaking up XP from the Lvl 10 players doing all the work

But i agree with the OP. So many low level players in Lvl 70+ maps. Fine, if you are going to play, but at least try to fight and contribute. Dont just sit back and leech.

epicwolfgang
11-02-2012, 01:12 PM
no cuz when a lvl 70 person shows up in a lvl 10 make they help they make things go faster they dont slow anyone down and there not just standing back just out of range of damage but just close enough for free xp and drops

Rare
11-02-2012, 01:18 PM
no cuz when a lvl 70 person shows up in a lvl 10 make they help they make things go faster they dont slow anyone down and there not just standing back just out of range of damage but just close enough for free xp and drops

Do they? hmmm Funny you should say that. There are many threads that would suggest differently.

Also, you said they were ruining your game experience. Well, on my level 10 when I join a map and a lvl 70 steamrolls right to the boss (without any lvl of difficulty i might add), I don't get to enjoy playing. I have to run as fast as I can to keep up just to get a drop.

Long story short... the lvl zones should be restrictive.

onemadzhau
11-02-2012, 01:18 PM
No the lvl 70 usually clear the map before the low lvls can even get to the boss, there isn't much of a difference
The high lvls go for drops and low lvls go for xp

Rare
11-02-2012, 01:19 PM
uhhh, I can't imagine a Lvl 70 player showing up in a Lvl 10 map and soaking up XP from the Lvl 10 players doing all the work

But i agree with the OP. So many low level players in Lvl 70+ maps. Fine, if you are going to play, but at least try to fight and contribute. Dont just sit back and leech.

Never said anything about soaking up xp. Maybe its something else...

razerfingers
11-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Hm, ive only seen one low level in a game ive played all the rest were 60-75

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Pixer
11-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I have a lvl 26 twink (xp turned off) and on MANY, MANY occassions... I entered into my lvl map, clearing over half way through on my own... Lvl 70+ shows up, runs in (on elixers), passes me, rushes into boss room, kills boss before I even get to room. :disgust: Believe me, I would rather have been there on my own.

Fusionstrike
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
I just don't get why STS continues to have events where games cannot be hosted. Is there some technical barrier to hosting games for these maps? It seems like all these headaches would just go away if they let us do business as usual. I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't just do it.

Mage till the end
11-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm hopeing they restrict levels next time.

Zapoke
11-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I just don't get why STS continues to have events where games cannot be hosted. Is there some technical barrier to hosting games for these maps? It seems like all these headaches would just go away if they let us do business as usual. I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't just do it.

They make it so you cannot boot to prevent threads that talk about "being booted at the boss." This has been a reoccurring issue in normal maps (or at least was), and STS doesn't want those threads either. The real thing about this is "They booted me, and ruined my game experience!" vs "They rushed to the boss/are leeching, and ruined my game experience!"

Which would you rather have going on?

Yich
11-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Do they? hmmm Funny you should say that. There are many threads that would suggest differently.

Also, you said they were ruining your game experience. Well, on my level 10 when I join a map and a lvl 70 steamrolls right to the boss (without any lvl of difficulty i might add), I don't get to enjoy playing. I have to run as fast as I can to keep up just to get a drop.

Long story short... the lvl zones should be restrictive.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

HappyDayy
11-02-2012, 02:35 PM

I think if people were able to host there would be booting problems because people would boot before boss died and itll start going into chaos

LwMark
11-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Watch out for lwmooches

epicwolfgang
11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
sts why put lvl restrictions already...the ppl who actualy play the game want em...maby this should be concidered befor xmas comes around cuz I wont be playing thouse lvls if I think a buch of bullies and mooches will be recking the game high lvl ppl stay the f#@% out of low lvl rooms if your not gunna help em lol lvl ppl you CANT help in a high lvl room so try asking if its ok for yoy to stay

epicwolfgang
11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
why not* put lvl restrictions

Suentous PO
11-02-2012, 03:13 PM

Besides th excellent point Zapoke made, I speculate that these will remain non hostable to prevent the sort of bot teams that we saw when humania came out, but it's a guess.

McBain
11-02-2012, 03:34 PM
The bot problem is valid. I've been seeing them a lot lately, especially in the Lost Valley map. Fast regenerating mobs + no need to really even move around = bot's paradise.

Yich
11-02-2012, 04:11 PM
The bot problem is valid. I've been seeing them a lot lately, especially in the Lost Valley map. Fast regenerating mobs + no need to really even move around = bot's paradise.

Screenshot it or PM someone who can record it and send Samhayne/support a detailed report when you see this. Better to nip this in the bud than to let it grow into the ugly flower that is Runescape botting these days...

Fusionstrike
11-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Besides th excellent point Zapoke made, I speculate that these will remain non hostable to prevent the sort of bot teams that we saw when humania came out, but it's a guess.

Well I guess to me I don't get why "event" maps should be any different from "regular" maps. If bots are a problem with maps that can be hosted, then aren't they just as much a problem for the "regular" maps we have year-round (which can always be hosted)? Why is booting at boss, bots, etc. any more of a problem with Halloween maps than any other map in PL?

Suentous PO
11-02-2012, 04:24 PM
^i think I might be a bigger problem because there is a lot of money that can be made in a short time. Holiday maps are often very short and fast, with good drop rates. I think ppl boot at bosses believing the falicy that someone could "get their drop", or their just griefers.
These are guesses, I also wish there was an easy problem free way to host.

Snakespeare
11-02-2012, 04:36 PM
kinda stupid to mooch xp in 70+ map... they die... don't rev 'em

I had a 3x on a L1 today so I mooched xp with it. But I only went to the next higher realm when the threat turned yellow. Was in 10-19 with red xp up till about L17, then started mooching in 20-29, which was slower. I got 20 levels in 45 minutes.

For yucks I took a look in 70+ and it was s-l-o-o-o-o-w and only gave red threat like everything else. So, it was inefficient. They are making their own karma. Let 'em.

The Flash
11-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Im sure its a markrting strategy. Non hosted maps means unorganized runs, which means longer time to finish map. That leads to more use of elixers and since its a event it will eventually end so you cant complane forever.

Also the low lv people who are in higher lv area(over 10 lvs, example lv10s in lv30s+ area) are noobs and dont know better. If you took time and told them to leave they will since only noobs(are new so dont know other wise) and trolls/ignorent (trolls are trolls) players do that.

On the high lv in low lv its fine aslong as there not trolls and wait for you. Cant do much about trolls.

FluffNStuff
11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
This thread ranks 8.5 hunny pots on the hilarity scale. I dub it DELICIOUS!!

Rare
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM

I think if people were able to host there would be booting problems because people would boot before boss died and itll start going into chaos

Well you and Zapoke make it sound like booting/hosting is not possible in normal campaigns. Why should an event be any different?

EDIT: Or exactly what Fusionstrike said ^^

Snakespeare
11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Because holiday events are community builders. PUGs get people to play with new folks they've never met before. There are lots of places you can lock down and be the BMoC. That's not the spirit of the holidays, though. Holidays are communal.

Suentous PO
11-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Good point^
:)

McBain
11-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Screenshot it or PM someone who can record it and send Samhayne/support a detailed report when you see this. Better to nip this in the bud than to let it grow into the ugly flower that is Runescape botting these days...

All over it, trust me.

Zapoke
11-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Well you and Zapoke make it sound like booting/hosting is not possible in normal campaigns.

No I didn't.. I also never said if either was better, only that both ways present issues that inevitably people will whine about.

Rare
11-03-2012, 07:54 AM
No I didn't.. I also never said if either was better, only that both ways present issues that inevitably people will whine about.

That is why I don't believe it has anything to do with booting at the boss.

More likely like Snake said

darthdlo
11-04-2012, 09:46 AM
To fix the problem if if lvl 12 and u try to join a lvl 74 friend who is on the 70+ map I should not b allowed to join that map that's it. There should n no reason to have to host map just allow only appropriate lvls to their respected maps and stops all others who try.

Ortalan
11-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Honestly, the Halloween farm is a pretty boring grind.... When a low-lev mooch appears, it's a fun game to run way ahead and start killing mobs out of their XP range, and see if they can wade through the gauntlet to get near you. If they make it, there are always those helpful barrels to make noob go boom. Happy hunting!