PDA

View Full Version : Will Pocket Legends be updating for Game Center?

smokescreen
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Was just wondering?

Necrobane
09-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Whats game centre? (sorry I figure its a program on the computer or something but just wanted t know for sure

smokescreen
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Read up! Looks sweet! Apple Game Center (http://www.apple.com/game-center/)

Apple has launched a new gaming application for the new iPhone iOS 4 which would help iPhone Game Developers bring more interactivity to their Games. The Game Center app will help iPhone users connect and play with fellow gamers within the Game Center community.

Existing Apple ID is enough to login into Game Center application else you can set up your own account. After setting up a Game Center account the user can connect with people with similar gaming interest by searching with their apple ID or nickname. After Logging in to the app user will be directed to their custom home screen wherein he can see number of friends, games played and goals accomplished.

What do you all think?

Arterra
09-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Sounds like a better way to connect with friends in PL than our current system. We need to find a way to capitalize on this.

Violentsaint
09-09-2010, 01:44 AM
lol its like xbox live but for ipod touch.

3 questions.

1) is this app out yet?

2) i bought an ipod touch around march/april this year... would the app work on it or do i need one of the brand new fancy ipod touch with different design and HD video camera and all that..

3) i wonder why this app isnt on ipad... theirs plenty of ipad gamers...

jonboy
09-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Game Center is available on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch (2nd generation and later). Game Center works with apps that have been developed to work with the Game Center service.

GaZz
09-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Game Center is built into version 4.1 of the iOS. So if your device supports that release and supports Game Center, you're good to go.

Hint: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gen are supported. So you should be ok Violent

iPad will be supported around November time when iOS 4.2 is released.

setec
09-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Any thoughts on this Devs?

some achievements could be for

1) going up levels (5, 10, 15, etc)
2) amount of kills in PvE since there are already announcements when you reach certain kill goals
3) maybe quest completions. (i.e. if you complete all quests for a given map set
4) gold collected through looting over time. (i.e. achievement after you have collected 100,000 gold in your PL game time) or something like that.

I'm sure there are better ones I am just not thinking off.

Could be a great way to promote PL because if you go to game center on an iOS device and look at the list of games, it is very small.

Arterra
09-29-2010, 02:16 PM
probably would be the best game out there for the game center... this could go big.