PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Sell Out.

Zapoke
11-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Was just cruising on the interweb today.. and I found.. this! http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411582,00.asp

I have to say.. I never expected George Lucas to sell the rights to Star Wars. I figured, he'd die.. and so would Star Wars. But no, he sold to Disney! They expect to release a new movie in 2015, apparently. I believe.. I'm glad right now. However.. If Disney screws up the movies.. I'm not so sure. :(

Noodleleg
11-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Yolo

StompArtist
11-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Well Lucas messed it up when he put JarJar in there so Disney cannot possibly make it worst imo...

Lowlyspy
11-02-2012, 09:08 PM
So Mickey is a keyblade AND jedi master? Mickey needs a nerf.

Aracnus
11-02-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73514-I-know-what-s-under-the-Jawa-s-hoods

Deathpunch already ninja'd you, lol :playful:

Growwle
11-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Disney will be able to market it internationally and as long as they keep it Disney Lucasfilm, it will probably be ok, although episode 7 will probably have Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Kate Beckinsale.

Zapoke
11-02-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73514-I-know-what-s-under-the-Jawa-s-hoods

Deathpunch already ninja'd you, lol :playful:

Would have never found it, as I don't see it in Off-Topic. :P

So Mickey is a keyblade AND jedi master? Mickey needs a nerf.

I agree! Though they were already selling Jedi Master Mickey Mouse in Disney World (because of the.. Star Tours ride.) So he's needed a nerf for a while now. :P

Lowlyspy
11-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Disney will be able to market it internationally and as long as they keep it Disney Lucasfilm, it will probably be ok, although episode 7 will probably have Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Kate Beckinsale.
So it's gonna be Star Wars VII: Revenge of the Black Pearl?

dudetus
11-03-2012, 07:55 AM
I am not quite sure what I think about this.

Sure it's good that Lucas sold the rights; he didn't even want to do episodes 1-3. But Disney..? I am sure there won't be Mickey Mouse running as Luke Skywalker but if they decide to make future movies cartoons I've lost my hope.

Would be awesome to see Old Republic in a movie form. I love the story line of it!!

Nihiliste
11-03-2012, 08:13 AM
We need a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed movie.

Zaonabiuibil
11-03-2012, 09:33 AM

That was a good game

Noodleleg
11-03-2012, 09:10 PM

So... In the movie, there's gonna be random force chucking people? Lol... Loved making troopers fly with my powers.

Growwle
11-04-2012, 04:11 AM

I would not put it past them. LOL

Or it will be about Revan if Bioware has anything to do with it.

Zapoke
11-04-2012, 08:34 AM

There are MANY Star Wars book series they could use. Revan's just happens to be the most famous at the moment. :P Besides, Revan's story line is actually better (imo) than Darth Vaders's (Episode 1-3). However, my guess is they'll try to pick up where Lucas left off: after the fall of the Empire.

Noodleleg
11-04-2012, 10:21 AM
There are MANY Star Wars book series they could use. Revan's just happens to be the most famous at the moment. :P Besides, Revan's story line is actually better (imo) than Darth Vaders's (Episode 1-3). However, my guess is they'll try to pick up where Lucas left off: after the fall of the Empire.

Revan=Best looking bad guy

Zapoke
11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Revan=Best looking bad guy

Indeed. Lol. :)

StompArtist
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Darth Bane would be awesome.

Noodleleg
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Darth Bane would be awesome.

Unbeatable.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/ac0957f1a97c3683b0b590e5a604ad7b.jpg

Nihiliste
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM
I heard Zac Efron is going to be an actor in the next Star Wars movie...wow.

Lowlyspy
11-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I heard Zac Efron is going to be an actor in the next Star Wars movie...wow.

Death Star Musical.

Growwle
11-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Read that they are working on getting the original actors back and that the new trilogy will be some time after the Emperor's death and involve the children of Han / Leah and Luke / Mara.

Taipan
11-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Read that they are working on getting the original actors back and that the new trilogy will be some time after the Emperor's death and involve the children of Han / Leah and Luke / Mara.
Disney isn't gonna make the movies about the Skywalker family, which prob means no more of the good old characters.
EDIT: At least thats what i read. Hopefully Im wrong.