PDA

View Full Version : AOA Contest?

Noodleleg
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Hey guys! The AOA have been thinking of some new and fun events! We'd like your feedback in what'd y'all like! Do you want an in-game, in-forum, etc. contest? Ideas please! Back to rompin' 'round 'der Alterr'n land!

-Noodleleg

Arexos
11-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Short-story contest! Something I can actually win at T_T.

Alalakcity
11-02-2012, 07:09 PM
how about mystery room?

you can make dungeon with password & password its the mystery, maybe name of NPC in forest heaven or name boss in alien oasis, give clue before

Noodleleg
11-02-2012, 07:11 PM
how about mystery room?

you can make dungeon with password & password its the mystery, maybe name of NPC in forest heaven or name boss in alien oasis, give clue before

Aha I'm liking these ideas! Keep them coming! Remember... This is AOA hosted for YOU Alterrans :)!

25thninja
11-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I like both ideas, things like in game races from blank spot to blank spot, or a raffle that costs -- amount of plat for each entry, and there could be different raffles, one for a one-in-a-life-time vanity shield, helm, armor etc.

Another thing could be like the avengers time, when we had all these packs to buy avengers stuff, things with the modern society/movies, i like that as well

I also agree with Yich, we should do a themed snapshot contest, like a fail photo, or cool pic, and stuff like that.

Yich
11-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I like both ideas, things like in game races from blank spot to blank spot, or a raffle that costs -- amount of plat for each entry, and there could be different raffles, one for a one-in-a-life-time vanity shield, helm, armor etc.
Also, i believe that there should be a starter kit, where when you first start the game (not each player only one) you should get usable armor, helm, weapon, and shield, and 10k maybe, just so people dont have to go sell their whole inventory for money

Inb4noobs make spam accounts and dual log to transfer the 10k multiple times.

25thninja
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Fair enough ^.^

25thninja
11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Two more words
Droid costume
Everyone wants one

Noodleleg
11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Two more words
Droid costume
Everyone wants one

No promises on that... Even though I'd really want one...

Bless
11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Pet design contest?

Matutd
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Nothing that involves art for a change

Alalakcity
11-03-2012, 04:41 AM
Aha I'm liking these ideas! Keep them coming! Remember... This is AOA hosted for YOU Alterrans :)!

soo...any gift for me? that idea's not cheap...

:confused:

any gold & item for me? you post this thread in contest, and contest must have reward right? :greedy_dollars:

Noodleleg
11-03-2012, 11:27 AM
soo...any gift for me? that idea's not cheap...

:confused:

any gold & item for me? you post this thread in contest, and contest must have reward right? :greedy_dollars:

:O! This was more of an ideas thread >:-D! You do get an imaginary bowl of my noodles though. Straight from the leg! And about art contests... We're thinking in-game right now! But remember, it's based on creativity, not art skills :D!

Reunegade
11-03-2012, 11:42 AM
-Something that doesn't include you having to buy a 1000$ camera.
-Something that doesn't include you having to make a 1000$ masterpiece.
-Something that doesn't exclude anyone.
-Something that I'm actually good at. (Good luck)
-Something that doesn't make me bang my head on the wall 1337 times and having to go to a doctor to fix my forehead and then having to take surgery and then going home not being able to play PL and then making me cry in the corner of the wall that I banged my head on.

Traebeles99
11-03-2012, 05:57 PM
I want a lvl 17 tourney but apollo just had one i missed out on it but wat about a lvl 70 to 76 tourney but wearing glyph any lvl was suggested by xghostsx before i think would be cool.

Yich
11-03-2012, 07:30 PM
AoA dont really do tourneys. Ask a tournament and ladder leader.

Noodleleg
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I want a lvl 17 tourney but apollo just had one i missed out on it but wat about a lvl 70 to 76 tourney but wearing lvl glyph any vl was suggested by xghostsx before i think would be cool.

We actually just talked about making a PvP tourney. But because we know it'd be hard to organize, we decided to drop that idea :/! Sorry, bud!

Traebeles99
11-03-2012, 09:38 PM
We actually just talked about making a PvP tourney. But because we know it'd be hard to organize, we decided to drop that idea :/! Sorry, bud!

Dang ok np lemme see wat about a drawing contest for something or a find me contest i have no idea lol.

Bloodmage
11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Vanity show-off competition

Signature show-off competition??

Bless
11-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Signature show-off competition?? unfair to mobile users who can't get access to a pc and are unable to make a sig

ninjaduck
11-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Also, i believe that there should be a starter kit, where when you first start the game (not each player only one) you should get usable armor, helm, weapon, and shield, and 10k maybe, just so people dont have to go sell their whole inventory for money

Inb4noobs make spam accounts and dual log to transfer the 10k multiple times.

Basically what Im doing in AL with daily Allies. Lol.

kcimythgim
11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe you could do something like a riddle about what somebody would look like. it could give out clues that hinted at certain items. The first person to post a picture of themselves wearing the correct items would get the prize.

cookiez
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Ohhh^ I like that one

Yich
11-04-2012, 06:47 PM
unfair to mobile users who can't get access to a pc and are unable to make a sig

So is making a tourny for any device BUT computers, but it's happened in the past. Plus there is a way to make sigs on some mobile devices.

Alalakcity
11-05-2012, 02:20 AM
i have some ideas again,

how about the ugly player...

you can wear your account with ugly item/costume and share the screenshot, then we vote..

Chickenrunnn
11-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone :D

So far, here are ideas which came out :)

PVP tourney (No forgottens, holiday items, founder's, and any other stat giving vanities) for each levels range
PVP tourney (No forgottens, holiday items, founder's, and any other stat giving vanities) for one level range
Forum contest
In game contest
Fashion contest
PL "race" (Forest Haven -> Dark Forest)
A Thanksgiving event
Group pic with their guild, write a poem or a story, maybe even draw
Short-story contest
Mystery room (make dungeon with password & password its the mystery, maybe name of NPC in forest heaven or name boss in alien oasis, give clue before )
Best PvP video competition
Themed snapshot contest (like a fail photo, or cool pic, and stuff like that)
Pet design contest

Personally, I'm thinking about a contest that I had done with my guildies :)
Here it is :

- AoAs give a description of an item (For example, I'm shooting yellow bubbles, and I'm done to set the fire in Croc Area ; Answer : Torch), and the name of a twink (Example : Contestman)
- Then, you need to get the item,
- Then, you need to find the twink named by ambassadors (in the example, Contestman)
- Then, trade with him, and show him the item.
- If you got it right first, you win 1st prize, 2nd get 2nd prize Etc....

-> Any thoughts about this one?
-> Which one do you prefer ? :)
-> Do you have more ideas about contest which could be done? :)

Cya soon :banana:

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Ambassador of Arlor?

Chickenrunnn
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Ambassador of Arlor?

? :confused:

Superduper
11-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I want to be part of AoA...

giojery
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Make a contest for who has the best face design :>

kcimythgim
11-19-2012, 09:25 PM
On another contest thread, I saw a crafting contest idea by GoodSyntax. That person's idea was to advertise an item and say that they would craft it for you if you gave them the items needed for crafting. An example would be
Red Dragon Mystery Helm:
TorchX2
scorpion helm of thoth
scrap of cloth
ashy arbelest

Instead of doing those items, though, you would do trash items that are worth so little, they aren't even put on CS. People would have to run to different dungeons to try to loot trash items that nobody wants to sell because nobody would buy them. This would force players to collect the items one by one as they aren't sold on CS. As soon as a player collects all of the items, they may give them to the person holding the contest who will give them the contest prize. Once again, I would like to say that this is not my idea. It was thought up by GoodSyntax

25thninja
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Basically what Im doing in AL with daily Allies. Lol.

O sry i dont have AL :(

Noodleleg
11-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking of a CTF contest. When you join, you say go. Once you say go, you run to the other side and get the flag. Whoever can get to 5 first wins. You can use your skills (but not kill) your enemy to stall them. Sounds good :p? I do see some troubles with this though...

dudetus
11-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Vanity show-off competition

Signature show-off competition??

Sig contest would be a short one. Everyone knows my sig is da best.

How about meme contest? That would be something totally new!!!

Zaonabiuibil
11-20-2012, 09:07 PM
How about meme contest? That would be something totally new!!!

I do hope that was sarcasm.