PDA

View Full Version : please add camera rotate

Elyseon
11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Title says it all
The other games all have it and i cant get used to blindly running around corners

Lowlyspy
11-02-2012, 07:09 PM
- Regarding the camera rotation, this is by design. We have seen from other Legends games that new users can get really confused with the camera rotation vs. character movement. So, we have designed the game so you don’t need to rotate your camera to play!
In Noodle's thread. I don't see why they couldn't just make it like SL/DL where new players start with a locked camera and have the option to turn off the camera lock.

Kuero
11-02-2012, 08:00 PM
I totally agree!
When I play a game then I EXPECT a rotating camera. When a game doesn't have this option then I don't feel free and quit the game. This game "armed heroes" for iOS made the same mistake. I just left because of this.

No seriously, it should be the players choice if he wants see "black emptiness" but having a free view or if he doesn't want to see it and have a locked view.
There need to be an option, it should be the players choice and not the dev's choice.

On a side note, as if we wouldn't be used to play STS games with a black empty space beyond the walls of the little map

Elyseon
11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Please add
Having it frozen is soooooo annoying

Iron Hand
11-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I agree, let us rotate camera, this was very annoying in dl especially in pvp. If you could unlock camera like sl and dl would be great :)

LwMark
11-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Ye when I played AL, it was kinda annoying, i love the free camera to look anywherrree

Walkhardd
11-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Walkhardd
So..because there's some uncoordinated gamers out there, we can't rotate the camera? Seems like it would make a lot more sense to have the option.

Sam's response..

The game is built around a fixed camera. If you rotate it as it is currently built, you'd see a bunch of blank stuff, or empty blackness. By fixing the camera, we believe you get a better overall play experience and we don't have to build out as much art. Win / win!

(I'm on iPad and fail at quoting)

Elyseon
11-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Tbh id be fine seeing blackness
Im definately not racist

tearacan
11-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Other game have objects which blocks the view or many turns which blinds your view, this game hardly have any of those. Yes it is different, but it isnt bad imho

Deatharcherr
11-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Why dont make a option where you can lock or unlock it?and when you start the game the camera its locked so the new guys have no problems with that

Fyrce
11-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by Walkhardd
Sam's response..

The game is built around a fixed camera. If you rotate it as it is currently built, you'd see a bunch of blank stuff, or empty blackness. By fixing the camera, we believe you get a better overall play experience and we don't have to build out as much art. Win / win!

That's too bad. I was really hoping for camera rotation. Otherwise I keep trying to crane my neck to see around things, which isn't very helpful :p

ninjaduck
11-03-2012, 06:06 AM
I like the camera lock. Less work for me (no need to use second joystick)

Haowesie
11-04-2012, 02:12 AM
+1 for camera panning... IMHO, it may be confusing at first, but when you get used to it, panning creates a more immersive experience for the player (which makes the player want to explore more). I tried DL and this is one of the reasons why i don't play it anymore.

Patricks
11-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Camera is locked because it makes it easier to have nicer graphics.

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 07:42 AM
We can't even rotate camera? Not even the option to do it? Nice one StS, at least I know that I don't have to wait for Arcane Legends anymore since I don't even want to try it anymore. Pfft.

ninjaduck
11-04-2012, 07:47 AM
We can't even rotate camera? Not even the option to do it? Nice one StS, at least I know that I don't have to wait for Arcane Legends anymore since I don't even want to try it anymore. Pfft.

Y u so n00b?!

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Y u so n00b?!
coz n00bz rock!!

Zojak
11-04-2012, 10:05 AM
This option would be great please!!

Kuero
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Why dont make a option where you can lock or unlock it?and when you start the game the camera its locked so the new guys have no problems with that

You start in all legends games with a Locked camera.
So I don't understand at all what Sam meant with "new player can get confused easily with the camera vs. char movement" because you start with a fixed view and have to unlock it via the options. Sounds like an excuse for me

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I find locked views really annoying
One reason i hate dungeon hunter 2
Its gonna suck in pvp no having any periphrial view

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I find locked views really annoying
One reason i hate dungeon hunter 2
Its gonna suck in pvp no having any periphrial view

Agreed!

LwMark
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Sam said no because less art work for them, makes u see less black on outsides like PL, they think u will enjoy game more or some hooplah

Noelx
11-05-2012, 02:37 AM
In pvp have a back camera aswell on the screen Instead of the rotating?

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Idk but after 3 days i still hate this singular aspect

BodMaster
11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Shocked to read Same quote tbf, thought it was coming with full release.

Though you can easily get used to it, at parts like Crypts/small confined areas bet it's impossible to see while running back at the camera.

Wasn't the whole point of having "behind char camera" on all the others :/

When I played DL for the first time I thought they were stuck (default), but someone said check options (must have skipped it, while I was in awe abt energy system) anyway after running a few days with it and then finding out it did rotate.. was like a dream come true! Even tho it's not my type of play, that single aspect was worth it, made me like it more too.

Kaytar
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
The camera needs to be movable. If the drops are like DL, then one could fall behind your view and you could miss it

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 09:26 AM
The camera needs to be movable. If the drops are like DL, then one could fall behind your view and you could miss it
Thankfully we got some handy pets to find our drops tho if ur running by to fast they won't get it
Main problem for me is just running towards camera or blindly going around corners and stuff

Ozuyucalebam
11-07-2012, 02:48 AM

I agree. I have missed a lot of drops because I can't rotate the camera. My pet seems to miss these also... but then again I agree that having a fixed camera allows for better graphics.
But I still find myself swiping left or right to move the camera. Its a habit I don't really wanna break. If I need to run to not be killed, I need to see where I'm going. I find myself being pinned into an invisible wall cause I can't rotate the screen. If this game were real then we would all die. Imagine living your own life only able to see one direction...I know I would be dead if I couldn't turn and see what's behind me...

Elyseon
11-07-2012, 08:42 AM
They should seriously add this...
Like really...
It's important...
Good feature...
Pls...

trawmatt
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
This is something that they absolutely NEED to add. As soon as I started playing it, I felt discouraged because of it. The lack of free camera rotation "cheapens" the game and is a huge setback for serious players. I predict that the game won't go big without it.

Astrocat
11-10-2012, 03:59 AM
This will never be added! Game is good how it is. Just get used to it.

Bellaelda
11-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I really need this to be added. Your right that people will move on. I just played for hrs and hrs and still couldn't get used to it. It kept getting me killed and making me lose my drops too! Please help us out... I'm cool with black background! :-)

Mullac51
11-22-2012, 10:18 PM
I kinda like having the locked camera but yeah i don't really know how it would work with PvP though :P

Elyseon
11-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Pls add so i can start playing this game somemore

Mutilus
11-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Somehow, I think some of you forget how difficult it is to code... I prefer camera movement, but the dev need to be able to build us a decent game... I am all for not having the cam move if it leads to a better overall game... REMEMBER FOLKS, THIS GAME IS FREE!!!

Quitcherbichin and enjoy AL for the badarse game that it is!!!

bbt1
11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Agree! Add this feature pls

McBain
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
I agree. I have missed a lot of drops because I can't rotate the camera.

I'm just curious....how do you know you've missed drops? If you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't know you were missing them.

Anyway, I agree that a movable camera view would be much preferred. If some graphics quality has to be sacrificed, so be it. I'm okay with that. The graphics in all the other games are just fine and it's able to work. Should be no different here.

Suntv
11-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Fixed camera equals no AL or me

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Fixed camera equals no AL or me
saem sadli

CosmoxKramer
11-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Guys, its not going to happen. To add the 360 artwork they wouldn't be able to add things that make the game seem more alive like moving flags, cannons going off etc. plus it helps keep the lag down now because there is so many less things to render.
Besides nothing is rendered for360 degrees now so turning a camera you would just see blank empty silhouettes

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Guys, its not going to happen. To add the 360 artwork they wouldn't be able to add things that make the game seem more alive like moving flags, cannons going off etc. plus it helps keep the lag down now because there is so many less things to render.
Besides nothing is rendered for360 degrees now so turning a camera you would just see blank empty silhouettes
Thats fine
Add it