PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on mages

Deathpunch
11-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Just started a second toon, a mage this time. After playing it for 5 levels, I'm beginning to notice a few things.

1. Weapons. They need a ranged weapon. While the staff has a longer range than the warrior, and I assume the rogue, though I can't attest to that, it is still too short for mages to be as squishy as they are. I would be willing to bet that at higher levels they will be a force to reckon with, once their magic comes into its own, but until then, you rack up the deaths because you have to be so close to shoot. Which leads me to my next observation...

2. Character model. Because of the short range of the standard attack and having to be in the pile of bodies while shooting, the much smaller model gets lost in the mix. In and of itself, it isn't that big of an issue, but when the enemies start blasting out the AoE attacks you can't see where you are easily and which way you should run to get out of the red area the quickest. Maybe some sort of indicator above your head, above the height of the warrior may help.

Just a couple stray observations.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

xcainnblecterx
11-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Yea us mages are very squishy, but quite powerful. I think we mages are the birds of al. Also why no revive skill?

Elyseon
11-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I like mage alot
Tough vs boss
But very good against mobs

xcainnblecterx
11-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Yes i like the faces you get to pick out when you start and the.fact.that every time the mage dies it looks like hes flippin off the enime

gundamsone
11-03-2012, 06:52 PM
fire skill is amazing vs mobs, especially the knock down ability
i put a few points into ice...seems very crappy...will likely respec and get me sp back
can't comment on light/wind

heal skill is good at the lower levels, but later on when you got like 1k+ mana/hp, the extra point u put into regen doesnt reeally help that much so it's like a wasted skill point. I think m/s and h/s should increase with heal as you get higher in the game.
mana shield is awesome. the 2s invulnerability is game changing for mages.
no comment on the other 2 debuff skills

Elyseon
11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Lightning good at a quick kill on one mob guy

ninjaduck
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I like mage alot
Tough vs boss
But very good against mobs

Yis