PDA

View Full Version : Need chat improvements

zynkor
04-16-2024, 10:26 AM
Hi

We could really use more chat features such as:
- toggle on/off the timestamp of each message
- long press on message in chat (or add a dropdown arrow for each message) to show multiple options (copy message to clipboard, inspect player, tell player, trade player, etc)
- scale chat font size +/-, also scale "visible chat lines" +/-
- new chat tab for "current zone only" (only show messages from current zone in chat, so messages from guild, party, pm, or other sources will not be visible)

Thanks

asommers
04-17-2024, 12:11 AM
These all seem reasonable (except copy to clipboard). I'll gather feedback soon on chat system requests.

-ALS

zynkor
04-17-2024, 08:46 AM
These all seem reasonable (except copy to clipboard). I'll gather feedback soon on chat system requests.

-ALS

Great :)

Although, may I ask why copying to clipboard wouldn't be reasonable? I could think of many situations where this feature would be handy.
For example, some of my friends don't speak English, so right now I have to manually translate their messages because I can't copy-paste them into Google Translate. Or, when someone tells me the nickname of another player, but their nickname is incredibly long and has a lot of random characters so it's very hard to write it by hand. If we had the copy-paste feature, these situations could be handled in a much easier manner.

And I mean, let's be honest, right now we can still take a picture of the chat and then use OCR software to extract the text, but that's just cumbersome to do while playing.

Oawaoebi
04-17-2024, 09:32 AM
It would be great to have /repeat and it repeats ur last message that u wrote. Comes in handy when a person zones while u press send and all u get is "character not found". Annoying to rewrite sometimes. Can be abused for merching tho, same as on pc they Alrdy can do or copy paste. Can also make /repeat 2 means it fills in the before last message u wrote.

Never played it, but I heard Minecraft has an option that when u type /tell or /trade /pi /v and start writing the name it gives u a possibility of names for u to msg trade … . Can be filtered to players who msg u or guild fl pt list.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk