PDA

View Full Version : Lootable armor/helms for low level

Yich
11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
The damage is pretty high in low level and it was partially helped with the extra armor from the H'ween events. The problem is is that none of this will be obtainable after the event is over. Some standard, balanced, lootable gear needs to be added in, preferably the best having some tough drop rates. I realize artisan and expert exist already, And new players need easier drop rates, but the current recipe drop rate is just spoon feeding new players with top of the line PvP gear.

One of the big arguements back when people complaine about the f bows was that it helped new players that were constantly spawn killed. The obvious flaws of this are apparent now, and adding in more discontinued content wont be doing the new players any favors.

I'm not sure what direction STS plans to take PL, but I'll always believe that the best gear shouldnt be for everyone. It should be for those who farm for it, to keep some kind of an interest in PvE, but it SHOULD be a permanently lootable piece of gear, not an easy to obtain but discontinued piece.

Many suggestion posts go into detail about how their idea would affect STS' monetary gain. I dont think I need to go into detail about how a hard to farm item would benefit sts, that should just go without saying.

I dont just say this because the event stuff will be oober rare, but a bit more armor will improve the quality of low level over all.

ninjaduck
11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I agree. If I see someone with a super rare item, I want to appreciate him for hi effort, and not his amount of plat.

Energizeric
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
No need to loot items. Just buy one. There is no shortage of forgotten bows in the CS, and they are not even that expensive. A new player can farm for items, sell them and then save up to buy a forgotten bow which is less than 100k last time I looked. I think a purple one is more like 30k, not a high amount.

Superduper
11-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Ya I tried to low level twink, but everyone uses the same stuff. Forgotten bows ruined it...

GoodSyntax
11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I completely agree Yich!

The biggest issue is that these discontinued items are SO overpowered and the supply has been cut off. So what we end up seeing is ridiculous inflation on these Winterfest and Forgotten items.

Frankly, I don't see what is wrong with farming items. With the absurdly low drop rate of "Green Ice" items, one would imagine that they would stack up favorably with some of these holiday event items. Unfortunately, someone wielding a green ice sword would be dominated by any noob with a Forgotten Bow or one of the new Pumpkin Chunkers.

Why can't there be new farmed items introduced - kind of like the Onyx, Earthquake and Crystalline sets that:

1) Offer a set bonus
2) Are rare (dare I say, "Legendary")
3) Offer enough armor and damage to combat the Forgotten/Halloween bows

For a long time, Copperhead, Swamp Rat and Voodoo sets were kings of the ~lvl 30 PvP arena. They offered good stats and could be mixed-and-matched for custom, hybrid builds. Then, the Sandstone Caves sets came in and made the ~lvl 25 PvP interesting. Unfortunately, a long time passed, and then the Winterfest items, Forgotton Bows and Pumpkin Chunkers were introduced/reintroduced and now there is no variation in low level PvP any more.

As valuable as these discontinued items have become, I can't even sell them, because in order to be competitive, my Twinks need to have them.

I don't know about you, but what is wrong with introducing Shadow Cave type sets for lower levels. They fit the bill of Rare enough and powerful enough.

The Frozen Nightmares quests were a good concept, and the quests are somewhat attainable, but given the grind and the specs on the Black Ice items, it's not even worthwhile.

Ultimately, the solution is to provide a challenging, level appropriate map (like Shadow Caves for level 50's), with low drop rates (like Dragon items from Fang) for great item sets. That would drum up interest in farming low level pinks, bring some interest back into PvP and possibly stimulate the PL economy.

Another thing I liked (which seems to be hated on by everyone) is the concept of different sets with different bonuses (defensive sets vs. offensive sets). It doesn't have to be craftable, which added some confusion, but the ability to further customize your toon with different gear would be beneficial.

simontrey
11-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Well spoken,i agree....