PDA

View Full Version : Szang is going merchant!

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, the few times a day that I get to play this game, I'm going to try and sell pretty good items... It's been way too long that I literally have little to no creds. I of course don't like begging because... Well it's just not in my nature, I like striving to earn things. And I think it is time to strive to become rich! Lately I've been trying to Lvl my comm and tried buying the Titan Tech set... Well let's just say, I couldn't afford the cheapest piece, that was 2k. I was pretty sad, so I ended up buying the plat version of the whole set (which I must admit looks a lot cooler). I made this thread to pretty much take advice of the filthy rich to become just like them one day! I look up to ppl like Chukie and Astro and the other few who are extremely nice and but filthy rich... And I just want to know, how the heck do you do it? O.o

ArtofWar
11-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm now 350k rich. How i made it? I was once a GM of a german guild and sold the GM rank for a nova when a nova was worth 80k. Sold it and i was 80k rich. I lvl'ed a few chars so i had a few good drops. Made like 15k with that. Then i dropped one time a brown jacket. (my only vanity drop so far :() Sold it for 50k. Then i just dropped a lvl45 pink a few days ago. Sold it for 45k. And the rest i got with selling all items which i don't needed anymore with the time and selling a few sets. And i'll soon sell more items and sets which i don't need anymore so i'll maybe be 400k rich soon. :)

P.S. I suck at merching but i'm rich. :) lol

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm now 350k rich. How i made it? I was once a GM of a german guild and sold the GM rank for a nova when a nova was worth 80k. Sold it and i was 80k rich. I lvl'ed a few chars so i had a few good drops. Made like 15k with that. Then i dropped one time a brown jacket. (my only vanity drop so far :() Sold it for 50k. Then i just dropped a lvl45 pink a few days ago. Sold it for 45k. And the rest i got with selling all items which i don't needed anymore with the time and selling a few sets. And i'll soon sell more items and sets which i don't need anymore so i'll maybe be 400k rich soon. :)

P.S. I suck at merching but i'm rich. :) lol
So it's technically based on luck? Sheesh... I have decent items that if I were to actually sell, I would totally become rich, I just don't wanna sell them :( I already sold my green shirt and want it back... I regret it so much...

Hellcurse
11-03-2012, 07:54 PM
um...idk, im got over a mil now, well this is how i started...
1. go motherload with napalm and solo. Open all boxes. So basically until you opened the first 5 boxes, remake. (kill all monsters). Should give around a few 1000s per hour, depending on how good you are. If you are really lucky you will get SQUID BUDDY!!!.
2. Buy low, sell high. At the moment, it is best to merch the legendary armour, shirt and jacket vanity, napalm, and the hard 6 series
Hope this helps :)

ArtofWar
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
So it's technically based on luck? Sheesh... I have decent items that if I were to actually sell, I would totally become rich, I just don't wanna sell them :( I already sold my green shirt and want it back... I regret it so much...

Well bro, u need to decide if you want the items or if you want to be rich. Or maybe sell a few items, then you would be a bit rich. :)

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 07:59 PM
um...idk, im got over a mil now, well this is how i started...
1. go motherload with napalm and solo. Open all boxes. So basically until you opened the first 5 boxes, remake. (kill all monsters). Should give around a few 1000s per hour, depending on how good you are. If you are really lucky you will get SQUID BUDDY!!!.
2. Buy low, sell high. At the moment, it is best to merch the legendary armour, shirt and jacket vanity, napalm, and the hard 6 series
Hope this helps :)
Well, I'm never lucky so I'm not going to do the vanity run, I'm never lucky... I spent so much time in my life doing vanity runs and only got the stupid camera helm... And the second one, the legendary items for the engi is completely useless, no point in actually trying to get them. I am willing to sell a denim jacket for a decent price, and as far as the shirt goes, I really miss my green one so I might not sell unless I make a good profit..

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Well bro, u need to decide if you want the items or if you want to be rich. Or maybe sell a few items, then you would be a bit rich. :)

I can deal with a bit rich, lol. I really wanna keep the good looking items like the shirts :/

Babbare
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Just message me in game or PM me in the inbox and I'll help you out a bit with merching. Easy once you understand the method.

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Just message me in game or PM me in the inbox and I'll help you out a bit with merching. Easy once you get it.
I would like to make friends while merching dude...

Babbare
11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I would like to make friends while merching dude...

Easyyy as 1,2,3

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Lol ok :) I don't think you understood what I meant, lol I seen all the hate you got from the "Big Sale" thread...

Babbare
11-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Won't settle for less is all. Clearly made it clear I was serious about it.

Mitchturbo
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Unfortunatly I'm a pretty terrible merchant lol but I usually sell the things i have no desire for ;-)
One mans junk is another mans treasure.
When I see you next I'll give you a couple tips lol XD
Usually it's all down to luck in my experiance.

ArtofWar
11-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I can deal with a bit rich, lol. I really wanna keep the good looking items like the shirts :/

THE SHIRTS? Dude, ur already rich. lol

Ark
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I MEOW can't MEOW merch MEOW that MEOW well MEOW, but MEOW it's MEOW pretty MEOW easy MEOW if MEOW you MEOW know MEOW the MEOW prices MEOW of MEOW everything MEOWWWWWWWWWW. :) :) :)

Aracnus
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Bro, everyone has their own way of merching. I merched up to 600k once, which is rich to me, but then lost 120k to this new update XD... Just buy expensive items cheap, and sell for a reasonable price.

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Bro, everyone has their own way of merching. I merched up to 600k once, which is rich to me, but then lost 120k to this new update XD... Just buy expensive items cheap, and sell for a reasonable price.

Got it! Also how long should I usually put stuff up on the auction?

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 08:22 PM
THE SHIRTS? Dude, ur already rich. lol

Only have a gold and blue one... Miss the green though :(

Mister rogers
11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I tried going merch
. Got like 200k. But rlly, i c farming as a better thing

Aracnus
11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Got it! Also how long should I usually put stuff up on the auction?

I usually put up my things for 11 hrs. if been there for a bit, but during new events, i use the 3 hrs.

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I tried going merch
. Got like 200k. But rlly, i c farming as a better thing

I don't have enough time to spend hours farming super super rare things.

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Just sold a denim jacket for 52k ^.^

ShadowGunX
11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I got a skull vanity drop in shipyard reactor core nd det vanitu changed my life in sl. M nw 2mil+ creds rich only.

Technique
11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Wait til new items are released, farm the hell out of em, and sell for high prices. Basically how I made a good part of money, I farmed the hell out of novas and the hive when it first came out. Only made a few mil to half of my worth from merching, majority of it came from farming.

When I first started merching I mainly focused on custom sets, only made 20-30k per set but it adds up when you sell 5-10 sets per day. I had 45 slots going 24/7 with one of each custom sets, had almost 20 custom sets at one point. Now that I have a decent stash amount I stick to high priced vanities. Being rich isn't all its cracked up to be, makes it kinda boring...no point farming when I can buy any item in the game.

Energizer12
11-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Im not fillthy rich but,take it from me if you want to make some creds. Check a.h all the time, see what the prices are and and match them

iAmPain
11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
My advice would be..

Do not expect something to drop, because when you mostly don't expect it to drop.. It does!

For Merching..

Basic Buy low Sell high. And don't be attached to the items that drop on ya, If you don't need it, sell!

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 11:53 PM
My advice would be..

Do not expect something to drop, because when you mostly don't expect it to drop.. It does!

For Merching..

Basic Buy low Sell high. And don't be attached to the items that drop on ya, If you don't need it, sell!
Kk, so basically sell all of my vanity? O.o I think I have about 39k left from the 52 since I bought the Titan tech suit... Making money is hard o.o should I just save up for now?

Szangheili
11-03-2012, 11:54 PM
I got a skull vanity drop in shipyard reactor core nd det vanitu changed my life in sl. M nw 2mil+ creds rich only.

Lucky!! See, this game sucks!! I played for so damn long and got no good drops... :(
I guess I might just farm all day Sunday since I have no plans... Should I get luck Elix or no??

Technique
11-04-2012, 04:34 AM
My advice would be..

For Merching..

Kk, so basically sell all of my vanity? O.o I think I have about 39k left from the 52 since I bought the Titan tech suit... Making money is hard o.o should I just save up for now?

If your gonna merch your gonna need around 100-200k to start, so you'll either have to sell off most of your stuff, borrow it, or farm to get a start.

Szangheili
11-04-2012, 05:26 AM
If your gonna merch your gonna need around 100-200k to start, so you'll either have to sell off most of your stuff, borrow it, or farm to get a start.
Dang... I had 100k once... But I guess I'll just sell all my stuff or at least most of it... :/ I'll think about that :/

BodMaster
11-04-2012, 08:28 AM
It's a dog eat dog world out there, and other merch'rs don't like ppl on their territory. (So don't give away your mercy names :p)

I've tried my luck at Merchn for about just over a week now and made 2+ mill, selling this around 10-50k things that will sell easy if you have the items available. (20+ slots)

My market just continues to raise, which I'm not complaining about xD

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I MEOW can't MEOW merch MEOW that MEOW well MEOW, but MEOW it's MEOW pretty MEOW easy MEOW if MEOW you MEOW know MEOW the MEOW prices MEOW of MEOW everything MEOWWWWWWWWWW. :) :) :)

What's up with you?

Aracnus
11-04-2012, 10:41 AM
What's up with you?

you should know Astro, lol. She's part cat too :playful:

Ark
11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
What's up with you?
I'm pretty crazy, I must say :p.

you should know Astro, lol. She's part cat too :playful:
*looks around and whispers* How did you know...? >.>

chukie
11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, the few times a day that I get to play this game, I'm going to try and sell pretty good items... It's been way too long that I literally have little to no creds. I of course don't like begging because... Well it's just not in my nature, I like striving to earn things. And I think it is time to strive to become rich! Lately I've been trying to Lvl my comm and tried buying the Titan Tech set... Well let's just say, I couldn't afford the cheapest piece, that was 2k. I was pretty sad, so I ended up buying the plat version of the whole set (which I must admit looks a lot cooler). I made this thread to pretty much take advice of the filthy rich to become just like them one day! I look up to ppl like Chukie and Astro and the other few who are extremely nice and but filthy rich... And I just want to know, how the heck do you do it? O.o

Bro meet me in game..a nd i explain to u how i merch.. or i sell u some items that u can merch out of

Szangheili
11-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Bro meet me in game..a nd i explain to u how i merch.. or i sell u some items that u can merch out of
Totally dude, I'll meet you in game later today :) My iPads about to die...

chukie
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Totally dude, I'll meet you in game later today :) My iPads about to die...

ok this week i wont be loggin in as much but i will try to find u XD

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
PM for my tutorial on how to make around 800k-1Million every 1-2 weeks! I'm not even joking :).

Szangheili
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM
PM for my tutorial on how to make around 800k-1Million every 1-2 weeks! I'm not even joking :).

O.o I'll totally pm you, lol :)

chukie
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
i will pm too too look at this lol

Asifrausa
11-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I want to pm too, too see if it is real and if it is real I'll learn my best.

Ark
11-05-2012, 02:50 AM
It's more what you know what you are doing when you're trading and merching. Like the range how much profit you want on certain items.

Energizer12
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Im not fillthy rich but,take it from me if you want to make some creds. Check a.h all the time, see what the prices are and and match them
agreed

gison
11-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Just pm FryinBender... Dude made 7m+ in couple of weeks...

Astrocat
11-06-2012, 04:19 AM

Easy ;P

Asifrausa
11-08-2012, 09:44 AM

Oh cool but nah I already signup for Astrocat's lessons :)

javier995
11-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Or you can do what most do. *sarcastic tone*

Spend time searching for cheap vanities, most likely from newbs who don't know what they're worth, buy and sell at high prices.

I know a lot of people who have done this, it's very common amongst a certain group.

Yes, it's sad but it's how it is in SL with these expensive vanities.

gison
11-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Or you can do what most do. *sarcastic tone*

Spend time searching for cheap vanities, most likely from newbs who don't know what they're worth, buy and sell at high prices.

I know a lot of people who have done this, it's very common amongst a certain group.

Yes, it's sad but it's how it is in SL with these expensive vanities.

OR get a bunch of plat & waste it on creds :D