PDA

View Full Version : BETA? Hello?

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I received E-Mails from Arcane Legends registration thing in the past few days/weeks, I saw many posts from members and some from the Developers, ALL about a BETA that was mostly SURE to be released. No info of it BUT Arcane Legends has been released in Australia and Canada. So yeah, honestly I find this a bit disappointing. I'm sure you'll find the way to disagree, but the only thing I can agree with is the reason that there may be bugs and all this stuff, so they did a ''Limited Release'' so people can try it and say if there's problems, bugs etc. Wait, so, what I just said is the point of a BETA no? Yes it is. So why this kind of BETA? Why only Australia and Canada? What about us who subscribed to the E-Mail? What about the E-Mails we received saying there will surely be a BETA for people who subscribed? I'm lost and upset. Anyways, even my name has been taken apparently, and people in the game now getting all the advantage and all these kind of things (you know them all).
All i'm trying to say to Spacetime Studios is, why don't you release it on Google Chrome now? Or for the people who subscribed? I don't know, but anyways, you get it. Thanks for your time! Awaiting your opinions on this.

ArtofWar
11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
*ios instead of google chrome :P

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 11:50 AM
*ios instead of google chrome :P

This depends on Apple's approval, not Spacetime Studios.

razerfingers
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Lemme tell you this. The level cap is 15. 16 for harcore, the leveling is easy, so your arguement of them having an advantage is invalid. Remminds me of the days back in DL and SL IOS always complains(no offense if you use any apple device)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Theres always the option to buy an android...

Fyrce
11-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Reminds me of the days when no one played games unless they get into the game on Day 1...

*peer*

There was probably a lot of other testing before the limited release, btw.

Kaytar
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I agree. They DID say email subscribers would be amoung the first to play it. I have an android but I'm in the USA. I agree with your advantage argument. People are stealing the names and getting greedy. Luckily, I reserved my main's name (wasn't going to at first). I just hope the name I want is still there when it comes out in the USA. Hopefully 2 weeks is enough for this "test".

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Lemme tell you this. The level cap is 15. 16 for harcore, the leveling is easy, so your arguement of them having an advantage is invalid. Remminds me of the days back in DL and SL IOS always complains(no offense if you use any apple device)

Read again what I said sir. I'm just giving a view AND reminding about that ''subscribing'' thing. No arguing here.

Theres always the option to buy an android...

Yeh right.

BodMaster
11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
There was a Beta before Cana/Aus release now it's ended. (Only lucky, suck ups got in tho :p)

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 12:54 PM
There was a Beta before Cana/Aus release now it's ended. (Only lucky, suck ups got in tho :p)

It was a Private BETA, for Developers and people like that but not a single member got it :p..

Ihavenokills
11-04-2012, 12:55 PM

lol those darn suck ups always getten things XD

BodMaster
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
It was a Private BETA, for Developers and people like that but not a single member got it :p..

Lies... ppl got in.. just had to go all NDA on their azzes xD (Yes players from StS games, not Devs)

razerfingers
11-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Lies... ppl got in.. just had to go all NDA on their azzes xD (Yes players from StS games, not Devs)

Hahahahah

Skeletonlord
11-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Regular community members got into the closed beta. It seems email subscribers got invited with a email/password to use. At this point you couldn't log in with your Spacetime account. I got into the closed beta, and I really enjoyed it. Now, full release is ahead of us.

razerfingers
11-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Regular community members got into the closed beta. It seems email subscribers got invited with a email/password to use. At this point you couldn't log in with your Spacetime account. I got into the closed beta, and I really enjoyed it. Now, full release is ahead of us.

What email are you talking about? I signed up and believe your ifo is false

Kuero
11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree with airboom

Zojak
11-04-2012, 01:40 PM

This.

HIs info isn't false, I also got an email with a password to use, quite enjoyed the beta, but NDA = couldn't talk about it.

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 01:45 PM

I don't lie, i'm telling what i've been told.

Azibas
11-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Wow being in Beta must be quite an honor. I bet to be a beta tester there must be alot of qualifications and rules to follow.

ninjaduck
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
You noobs. Its level 16. You arent missing out. I got halfway in about 10 runs. Noobs

ninjaduck
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM

Wow being in Beta must be quite an honor. I bet to be a beta tester there must be alot of qualifications and rules to follow.

Like the first rule of closed beta: Not to talk about Closed Beta.

Aeroflame
11-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Complain too long and the fun stuff goes away. What I don't really care for is the reserved names being taken. If they hadn't been reserved, ok then. But it's messed up how RESERVED names are taken.

Lady_Pebbles
11-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Complain too long and the fun stuff goes away. What I don't really care for is the reserved names being taken. If they hadn't been reserved, ok then. But it's messed up how RESERVED names are taken.
That pist me off as well. If someone reserved a name, they should be the obly ones able to use the name. We use real money to do it... mess with my money and we got a prob. >__>

akfury
11-04-2012, 02:20 PM
You noobs. Its level 16. You arent missing out. I got halfway in about 10 runs. Noobs

Umm why don't you keep useful posts here and the not useful posts ^^^ the one above to your self

Kaytar
11-04-2012, 02:24 PM
You noobs. Its level 16. You arent missing out. I got halfway in about 10 runs. NoobsI think to be a noob, you have to play the game. How is this relevant?

ancestor
11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Lol...

ninjaduck
11-04-2012, 02:32 PM
You noobs. Its level 16. You arent missing out. I got halfway in about 10 runs. NoobsI think to be a noob, you have to play the game. How is this relevant?

@akfury Not useless. Just realistic. You are missing NOTHING.
@kaytar its a name I call people who I love. They dont have to play any games and are usuallu not human O_o

akfury
11-04-2012, 02:48 PM
@akfury Not useless. Just realistic. You are missing NOTHING.
@kaytar its a name I call people who I love. They dont have to play any games and are usuallu not human O_o

If we're missing nothing why you playing it ?... Yeah that's what I thought, the LBs are activated your getting. A head start in leveling your getting head start in farming and getting gold cause pinks are turned on.... We are missing stuff dude ... Use your head

Kuero
11-04-2012, 02:54 PM
That pist me off as well. If someone reserved a name, they should be the obly ones able to use the name. We use real money to do it... mess with my money and we got a prob. >__>

What? Reserved names can be stolen anyways? So the 2 names I've reserved can be taken by current AL player?!

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM

What? Reserved names can be stolen anyways? So the 2 names I've reserved can be taken by current AL player?!
Im fairly certain they cant
They can be used as pet names tho ofc

Mage till the end
11-04-2012, 03:05 PM
So no arcane legends for us huh

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 03:07 PM
So no arcane legends for us huh
If us = iOS or Chrome

BodMaster
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Who said Reserved names can be taken? Or just more rumours to get on iOS's good side ;)

LB's will most likely be wiped at Apple/Full worldwide release. (Happened with SL)

Cero
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM
I received E-Mails from Arcane Legends registration thing in the past few days/weeks, I saw many posts from members and some from the Developers, ALL about a BETA that was mostly SURE to be released. No info of it BUT Arcane Legends has been released in Australia and Canada. So yeah, honestly I find this a bit disappointing. I'm sure you'll find the way to disagree, but the only thing I can agree with is the reason that there may be bugs and all this stuff, so they did a ''Limited Release'' so people can try it and say if there's problems, bugs etc. Wait, so, what I just said is the point of a BETA no? Yes it is. So why this kind of BETA? Why only Australia and Canada? What about us who subscribed to the E-Mail? What about the E-Mails we received saying there will surely be a BETA for people who subscribed? I'm lost and upset. Anyways, even my name has been taken apparently, and people in the game now getting all the advantage and all these kind of things (you know them all).
All i'm trying to say to Spacetime Studios is, why don't you release it on Google Chrome now? Or for the people who subscribed? I don't know, but anyways, you get it. Thanks for your time! Awaiting your opinions on this.

Highlights,

I would agree on the first one i highlighted. with the amount of players of both country seems a good number for testing. and many already posted stuff about bugs/glitch/gameplay.

2. I think there are some poeple who arent greedy to keep what they know.
Im actualy planning on making a guide for warrior class(which im trying to master xD)
after the full release, coz need pics and my phone doesnt take picturesT_T And i bet many will also making guides on Quest. espicialy for Pet Quest. so pls dont hate us, who had the first taste:P

akfury
11-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Highlights,

I would agree on the first one i highlighted. with the amount of players of both country seems a good number for testing. and many already posted stuff about bugs/glitch/gameplay.

2. I think there are some poeple who arent greedy to keep what they know.
Im actualy planning on making a guide for warrior class(which im trying to master xD)
after the full release, coz need pics and my phone doesnt take picturesT_T And i bet many will also making guides on Quest. espicialy for Pet Quest. so pls dont hate us, who had the first taste:P

We don't hate you, what I hate is when people say " you guys aren't missing nothing and were Not getting a head start"...

Aeroflame
11-04-2012, 03:45 PM
pfft... chances are this stuff is going away after main release

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 03:45 PM
We don't hate you, what I hate is when people say " you guys aren't missing nothing and were Not getting a head start"...

Exactly.

razerfingers
11-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Drop your apples and become an android!

Azibas
11-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Like the first rule of closed beta: Not to talk about Closed Beta.

Hmm looks like your breaking your own rules...

akfury
11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Exactly.

Bout dang time someone knows what I've been talking about -.-

Astrocat
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Bout dang time someone knows what I've been talking about -.-

Lol Ak :D

Malerian
11-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't think there was any reset of any sort for DL, so there will probably not be any for AL either.
People who got access earlier are most probably getting a headstart for leaderboards. But more importantly, they're getting a headstart on pinks, which means when it's released worldwide, they'll be selling their items for high prices.

Not that I for one care about leaderboards (so I'll leave that matter to those who do), but to me that last part sounds pretty much like an unfair headstart.
Anyway, I don't think STS gives a damn about this. After all, it's not like it'll keep those who came later from enjoying the game.

akfury
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't think there was any reset of any sort for DL, so there will probably not be any for AL either.
People who got access earlier are most probably getting a headstart for leaderboards. But more importantly, they're getting a headstart on pinks, which means when it's released worldwide, they'll be selling their items for high prices.

Not that I for one care about leaderboards (so I'll leave that matter to those who do), but to me that last part sounds pretty much like an unfair headstart.
Anyway, I don't think STS gives a damn about this. After all, it's not like it'll keep those who came later from enjoying the game.

The whole thing is a unfair head start... I've saying that forever now ...

Fyrce
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM

Wait. What reserved names being taken? As far as I know, reserved names, if you were able to reserve them, are reserved for the email account associated with the reservation, i.e. reserve name George and only your email account can create the character named George.

Please provide a direct example otherwise. Thanks.

Pets names are not unique to the world, since they are associated with your character. Not to mention, people can just leave their pets with the default name, which again, is not unique and has nothing to do with CHARACTER name reservations.

Zaonabiuibil
11-04-2012, 05:32 PM

APPLE FTW! Oh wait... Awww :/

gundamsone
11-04-2012, 05:36 PM
When you reserve a name for 20 plat , you only reserve the toon and not the entire email account with all your toons.

For example.
Your email accounts has 5 toons
A
B
C
D
E

you reserved D, which means D is safe and yours in AL however A, B, C, and E are up for grabs.

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 05:57 PM
When you reserve a name for 20 plat , you only reserve the toon and not the entire email account with all your toons.

For example.
Your email accounts has 5 toons
A
B
C
D
E

you reserved D, which means D is safe and yours in AL however A, B, C, and E are up for grabs.

EDIT: oh wait i see what u mean yeh
If u reserve multple names tho u will get all of them
You have to reserve each char individually

Cero
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Yes I know a few who had already Pink set Gears.
thing is Pink can be aqcuire "easy" if you have plat.
plat pink plat gears can be traded , means u dont have to worry much if u have plat.

Aeroflame
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't like being looked down upon. It's one thing to brag about how fast you got in, its another to pity the rest of us for not being able to get in. I capped from lvl 3 in two weeks on DL, so don't try to "soften the blow", cuz odds are ur not really getting one in on us>.>

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Or if you dont the game will be flooded with plat gear by people trying for a certain spec of the founders

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't like being looked down upon. It's one thing to brag about how fast you got in, its another to pity the rest of us for not being able to get in. I capped from lvl 3 in two weeks on DL, so don't try to "soften the blow", cuz odds are ur not really getting one in on us>.>
Theres not even a reward for capping so really its not that big of a deal
If it means that much to you just go buy an android

razerfingers
11-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Thenks kind sir

FRIED
11-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I dont like the limited release either , i mean, i wouldnt care if there were bugs and problems i would just like to play it and have fun. You dont have to put the game through the apple approval process but could you consider maybe putting it on google chrome please.

Aeroflame
11-04-2012, 07:40 PM

>.> kinda proving my point with the "capping-isnt-hard-so-don't-trip-over-getting-it-before-us" business. I'll take my time G.

gundamsone
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I think STS would've released it worldwide if they could.
I believe each country has their own set of laws and policies in regards to App releases like this one

I could be wrong though but as a business I don't see how it's beneficial for them to do an early release for 2 countries with few number of players than the rest.
It's probably because these were the only 2 countries which google has approved for an app release.

Edit: and no STS won't admit this if it was the truth b/c people will be pissed and ask for a delayed release until it's available for everyone. IMO the "limited release" is just a cover up story

Aeroflame
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Well 3 other companies have done it too I believe, and it's worked for them. Remember, some things in business may not make sense, but they do seem to work. NGMOCO, gameloft, and some other company have done it too

gundamsone
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Big enough companies have the money and resources to bypass certain rules and regulations.
STS is still fairly new as a gaming company. You can't compare them with the big boys in the industry...not just yet.

Just give it some time, i'm sure STS will release AL to the other countries when available.

Elyseon
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Seriously tho its a disadvantage you got with apple, if you really care this much to cry about it, buy an android
No sympathy here

vampinoy
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Big deal...just a game, get over it...so what if they got headstart? You'll live, so what if they have cool names? then make a cool one later, thousands of other names out there (sounds like kids who didn't get their candy)...psh, first world problems...:D Go out and enjoy the sun for a while :D

Kuero
11-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Sun? Is it fun to play?

*Zero*
11-04-2012, 10:22 PM

That isnt true at all all my names was reserved to my account and have them in AL now.

dudetus
11-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Surprisingly, beta testers seemed to be all Ambassadors/Guardians ;).

akfury
11-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Big deal...just a game, get over it...so what if they got headstart? You'll live, so what if they have cool names? then make a cool one later, thousands of other names out there (sounds like kids who didn't get their candy)...psh, first world problems...:D Go out and enjoy the sun for a while :D

Umm why don't yu get off AL and go enjoy the sun and let us who want to play, actually play it ...

Mitchturbo
11-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Lmao! XD so funny!

vampinoy
11-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Umm why don't yu get off AL and go enjoy the sun and let us who want to play, actually play it ...

Sure, but how will you play AL? oh wait...lmao! I'll remember not to mess with a raging nerd :D

Ark
11-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Surprisingly, beta testers seemed to be all Ambassadors/Guardians ;).

It's funny how I resigned from AoB shortly before that happened.

ninjaduck
11-05-2012, 03:23 AM
If we're missing nothing why you playing it ?... Yeah that's what I thought, the LBs are activated your getting. A head start in leveling your getting head start in farming and getting gold cause pinks are turned on.... We are missing stuff dude ... Use your head

I loled when I saw this. If there is a race between Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps in Swimming, and Usian Bolt gets a headstart because he doesn't swim (the objective being to FINISH THE RACE, not to WIN) they will both get to the end of the race. Regardless of the winner, they both finished the race.

Lol we have no headstart. Ok I farmed 2 pinks in 2 days. Ok LB people are on 8K kills. Big deal. If you value the game for how much ahead you are against other people, it isnt for you. There is a rich questline that kept me busy for at least 2 days.

Sometimes you just need to be patient. You aren't missing a single thing lol. I'm playing it because I find it fun. You can't play it? Too bad, just wait.

Also, you state that we are getting a headstart in leveling. To put this in words comprehensible by all people: We aren't. It isn't as if STS is going to increase the cap before you Apple nubs get to play it.:D

Calm down. You aren't missing anything :D

ninjaduck
11-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Hmm looks like your breaking your own rules...

So are you O.o

This conversation is going nowhere -__________________________________________________ ______________-

Urqui
11-05-2012, 03:31 AM
It's really not a disadvantage to have Apple for these sort of things. I'm guessing whoever has an ipod/ipad/iphone DOES have a computer but people don't like to struggle lol. Our grandparents would be so proud:playful:

And big props to the world's worst kept secret about the AL beta test.

I also agree with vampinoy& ninjaduck. Nothing special about playing the first day of the release. No special gear, no founders, no extra gold, or special privileges.. Be patient, don't stress and bla bla bla;)
Real pros will catch up in no time

Growwle
11-05-2012, 03:37 AM
I agree. They DID say email subscribers would be amoung the first to play it. I have an android but I'm in the USA. I agree with your advantage argument. People are stealing the names and getting greedy. Luckily, I reserved my main's name (wasn't going to at first). I just hope the name I want is still there when it comes out in the USA. Hopefully 2 weeks is enough for this "test".

No, they said that email subscribers would be among the first to know when there is a beta. We were not the first to know though, because there was a closed beta with the AOC or whatever the volunteer PR people from each legends game are called. Also, the info about the limited release was not in any email I received. I am not upset that STS chooses to test the game in a limited market though, I will get to play soon enough. The connection to Facebook in the emails was far more offensive to me, as I do not care to use Facebook and Facebook is not an STS product.

akfury
11-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Yu guys aren't getting my point... I don't mind waiting... It's the fact that you keep stating "we're not getting a head start and your not missing nothing" which that statement is false... You are technically getting around a 3 week head start and we are missing three weeks... So we are missing stuff... Don't tell someone to be patient, if you were so impatient to google...( Yeah you know don't feel like getting another post deleted)

WinterKate
11-05-2012, 04:48 AM
We heard beta, we heard release. I cannot say I have understood players who were frustrated about the limited release of AL in 2 countries. But the devs have explained their part, all we can do now is wait and brace ourselves. Lol. I get it, some of us who already have been part of the limited release will get the good stuff. I am jealous, yes. But, I know I can get some good stuff too once I play. Lol. Maybe, I am just a little too positive about this. And it won't hurt, right? Let's just keep the flame low.

Good things will eventually come to us. Lmao. :D

shadow90
11-05-2012, 04:55 AM
People who spent too much time on computers will eventually know how to play Arcane Legends.

Astrocat
11-05-2012, 06:45 AM
It's funny how I resigned from AoB shortly before that happened.

Same we shouldn't have resigned!

Rot
11-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Does this mean that the Founder item for AL's gonna be for those who live in Aus/Canada only?!

warbluefish
11-05-2012, 07:37 AM
The whole limited release thing is just dispointing and unfair.

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Does this mean that the Founder item for AL's gonna be for those who live in Aus/Canada only?!
No they are plat/gold item packs that you have to buy from the store, I assume they will be available till the 21 cap
Again no rush

Delphina
11-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Thread closed due to non-constructive progression.