PDA

View Full Version : PL losing players

Mcdouble
11-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I know.... This thread is just another platinum complaint, but hey, here me out. With tapjoy offers eliminated, W3i took over. Althought their offers worked at times, they are not updated as frequently as most of the players desire. Also, many times have I clicked an offer and completed it without getting anything in return. It seems to me that the players, such as myself, who cannot afford to buy a 10 dollar iTunes giftcard just to respec twice are going to quit playing as it is impossible to change character layouts and other simple things. I've seen posts where people are saying that STS is "working on it", but that was many moons ago and nothing has been done. I also realize that platinum is meant to be a paid for currency bought with real money since after all, the game is free. However, disabling access to a few plat here and there makes more than just me a little aggravated. If you think this post is redundant and foolish, then you're probably just one of those people who can buy plat whenever they feel like doing so.

Zaheris
11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I agree. I also think that it's glitchy and you shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops just to respec.

Mage till the end
11-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Pay to play

Mcdouble
11-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Pay to play

Then the app shouldn't be free

Chickenrunnn
11-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Then the app shouldn't be free

You can play, and get lvl76 without buying any platinum.

This is why, it is FREE for all.

There are still 3 ways to get free platinum : Blessings, and Free offers ("Earn free Platinum"), and winning Forum Contests.

It is already nice from StS to give a chance to everyone to get platinums.

So, please, do not complain about STS not giving out enough platinums, or they'll erase all those ways, and, THIS time, you wouldn't have any ways left to get any platinums..

And about "the app shouldn't be free" : STS wants to let everyone to be able to play their games for free.. After, you can pay for getting more content, however you don't have to.

Cya :)

Roc
11-04-2012, 03:20 PM
I have to agree about the free offers having a high fail rate is quite vexing, especially when using Tapjoy before you could go through tapjoy.com or use the in-game manager. I'm one of those who buys an itunes card maybe once in 2 months (a cheapskate, I know, but college tuition is expensive!) so I primarily rely on the daily blessing, elixir, and free plat. I have been fortunate enough to get a fair share of combo elixirs, and even 30 plat one time on the 5th day, but the game is still free to play even if it does become more grueling without those perks. At least we don't have to buy the main spine and at least pink drops are seemingly as rare for me as for the next person using luck elixirs XD

Mothwing
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
R.I.P Tapjoy...

I agree. I know that I have quit PL due to:

Elite this, elite that. Everything is plat based now. 4 day cap reward? Greedy much?
w3i doesn't work.
They continuously recycle items.
Sets look horrid.
Demonic is still 5m a piece. I mean, wake up and smell the drop rates...
Farming? Nah.

Shame.

ObeyJay
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
R.I.P Tapjoy...

I agree. I know that I have quit PL due to:

Elite this, elite that. Everything is plat based now. 4 day cap reward? Greedy much?
w3i doesn't work.
They continuously recycle items.
Sets look horrid.
Demonic is still 5m a piece. I mean, wake up and smell the drop rates...
Farming? Nah.

Shame.
Plat used to be an option and now it's like a necessity

Mothwing
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Exactly.

Sciazaratek
11-04-2012, 03:58 PM
This why they have created the daily blessings .
But you must earn them (with logging every day) , have patience , plat will not rain from the sky if you do nothing for it.

Mothwing
11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
But you must earn them (with logging every day) , have patience , plat will not rain from the sky if you do nothing for it.

I do log in every day. 80% of my Day 5's are elixirs.

ObeyJay
11-04-2012, 04:17 PM
IMO sts is getting really money hungry.
That's just my opinion

Bless
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM

I do log in every day. 80% of my Day 5's are elixirs. 80% of my Day 5's are 2.5k gold - not worth the 5 days

Jcyee
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM
pl is free to play. it just takes some time and patience. and if you arent receiving your platinum from the w3i offers, you should shoot them an email. i dont remember their email though. But if you do, im sure they can do something for you, a friend emailed them and he received his platinum

Bless
11-04-2012, 04:33 PM
pl is free to play. it just takes some time and patience. and if you arent receiving your platinum from the w3i offers, you should shoot them an email. i dont remember their email though. But if you do, im sure they can do something for you, a friend emailed them and he received his platinum yea, I emailed w3i support, they handed it over to PL support and after 2 days I got my plat, the problem happens too often, you can't email w3i everytime your app doesnt reward you LOL.

Suentous PO
11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I think more truthful would be to say " I want some things that can only be purchased with plat". Wanting something, and it being a necessity are two different things.

Also saying don't complain or theyll take all free plat away is wacky. If the new way isn't as good as tapjoy nothing wrong with letting sts know.

vampinoy
11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I agree that PL might be losing players...but not for this reason. Though no solid proof, just circumstantial "theories":

1. They're not showing their player count. Normally, a game would be proud to announce growth rates of their players on a regular basis, phrases like "We have 100,000 players playing our game on average at a given time..yada yada yada". You don't hear that here, why? :D

2. The need for new games. If their current game is doing well, why make a new one? Why not infuse all the characteristics of the other Legends into one game, why separate them? By creating new games of the same genre, they're indirectly saying, they didn't get it right the first time, it's possible that one game of a single genre can run an entire development, why keep risking and developing new ones?...My theory, they're not satisfied with the performance of their current games, they need to keep "trying". It's common knowledge that it's better to fortify and improve an existing game rather than create a new one and risk an entire budget of development, yet they pursue this...they must be that motivated and convinced that their current ones aren't all that.

Just my opinion :D

xcainnblecterx
11-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Maybe some of the players have switched over to al due to how momey hungry pl has got. For those who havent are waiting or playing dl/and or sl

Drizzid
11-04-2012, 11:13 PM
It's almost like they're trying to run a business or something...

The-Sandman
11-05-2012, 01:34 AM
I took a break and started dl again

Seminole
11-05-2012, 02:09 AM
I agree there is a small amount of late level toons as compared to previous levels. I guess people are finally fed up with alot of things.

Thelastblink
11-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Yes, there has been a dramatic population loss... At the bottom of the forum website it says when the most people were ever on in PL. If you compare it to how many people are online ATM you will see the decline. Lots of IRL friends of mine have quit because of this game being too plat based. IMO, this game was great up till around sewers, then it was just the development of the Platinum era...

LwMark
11-05-2012, 02:31 AM
I havent played PL in 4-5 days...never thought id see the day lol..i seriously have no intrest...its the same thing over an iver an over no matter how many new things u add, im diggin AL though

Seminole
11-05-2012, 02:33 AM
I havent played PL in 4-5 days...never thought id see the day lol..i seriously have no intrest...its the same thing over an iver an over no matter how many new things u add, im diggin AL though

Did AL already come out?

Fyrce
11-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Something like 30-50% of my 5-day blessings are plat, though sometimes it's just 1 plat. Actually I like the blessings a lot.
I would guess another 30% is vanities and about 30% is other stuff (elixirs, gold).
Something like that, though I've only managed to get 3 5-day blessings, and I haven't kept a record of everything.

gundamsone
11-05-2012, 06:10 AM
I'm done with PL. Ever since humania it seemed like elixirs dominated the game.
It's really no fun getting booted from a pve map just b/c your're not "thrashed"

Might come back for pvp but AL is the bomb definetley enjoying it more.

ninjaduck
11-05-2012, 06:20 AM
It's really no fun getting booted from a pve map just b/c your're not "thrashed"

Agree 1000000000%

Rare
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM

Since humania??? Did you join during fang?

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Play AL
Gf

Ephesius
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
pocket legends isnt losing players because the plat its the 10k to level a level, thats discouraging im still 70 and waiting for my combo elix

RedRyder
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Pl isn't losing players really. When I left and popped into the pl side of the forums, as I read through some threads and comments, 90% of them were from new (to me) players. I could go on about them being a bussiness and blah blah blah, but would you like to put a massive effort on something for so long and not be able to reap the rewards? Free, or close to it, makes everyone happy, but you can't pay bills with happiness. Believe it or not, they actually have to pay the people that make he game fun for you and they can't pay bills with happiness either.

Cahaun
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
PL losing players? Pfft! Look at SL...

CrimsonTider
11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
PL is losing veterans, but gaining new players.

MightyMicah
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I know.... This thread is just another platinum complaint, but hey, here me out. With tapjoy offers eliminated, W3i took over. Althought their offers worked at times, they are not updated as frequently as most of the players desire. Also, many times have I clicked an offer and completed it without getting anything in return. It seems to me that the players, such as myself, who cannot afford to buy a 10 dollar iTunes giftcard just to respec twice are going to quit playing as it is impossible to change character layouts and other simple things. I've seen posts where people are saying that STS is "working on it", but that was many moons ago and nothing has been done. I also realize that platinum is meant to be a paid for currency bought with real money since after all, the game is free. However, disabling access to a few plat here and there makes more than just me a little aggravated. If you think this post is redundant and foolish, then you're probably just one of those people who can buy plat whenever they feel like doing so.

Hey Mcdouble, I appreciate your concern for the game! Allow me to try and cheer you up just a little bit with a few things worth mentioning.

First of all, if there's one thing I've noticed, it's that STS is not stupid. Many, many times Samhayne or another dev has stated something like, "This is business." They've gotta make money somehow. The "elit this and elite that" that Mothwing refered to in his post is called an optional bonus for those who have extra cash. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. This is the "Business" part that Sam refers to. Contrary to what many people believe, sts is not making millions of dollars. They are a fairly small game company (as of now) with a fairly small gameplay base. Because the game is free and there are many options for free plat, they need ways to generate money. Optional Elite quests sound like a great way to go to me.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but, it seems you are stating that perhaps people will be leaving because they can't "afford" the game anymore. If this were truly the case, then never fear! Sts is not stupid. Less gamers=less income. They will find a way to involve more free platinum in the game to prevent those of us who can't afford it from leaving. However, I disagree with you.

This exact day is my 2 year mark for PL. I started Nov 5th 2010. Since then, I have spent about 150 dollars on platinum. I estimated just now that through 50 dollar deals, 20 dollar deals, 10 dollar deals, and a couple 5 dollar deals, I have bought about 1,580 platinum in this two year period. In this last month, with the release of the deal of the day stuff, I have acquired roughly 300 platinum. That is nearly 1/5 of 24 months worth of platinum in simply 1 month.

Just in case I wasn't speaking clearly above, (I often do this) let me restate. In five months I have the potential to accumulate more platinum, without sending a single dime, than I have in this last 2 years of gameplay where I DID spend money.

Is STS being greedy? Or are we?
~MM

Snakespeare
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I dunno... I made an account and started blessings, five days later with 10 plat, I added two toons and did more blessings. Five days later with 10 more plat I added two more toons. Five days later got 30 plat and didn't add toons.

Every time a toon got a 3x, I would play that toon. I ran in the Haunted Mansion the last few days because one random toon got a 3x two days in a row over a weekend, and is now level40-ish. Now the account has 30 plat, 5 toons, several Halloween pinks.

I just don't know what the OP is talking about. Lately in PL I have had so much to do. I have an excess of plat. It seems STS wants to pay us back for all the plat we are bought while they were developing their games. It seems they are giving a lot of plat away.

If you don't do your daily blessings, you have only yourself to blame.

Rare
11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
I dunno... I made an account and started blessings, five days later with 10 plat, I added two toons and did more blessings. Five days later with 10 more plat I added two more toons. Five days later got 30 plat and didn't add toons.

Every time a toon got a 3x, I would play that toon. I ran in the Haunted Mansion the last few days because one random toon got a 3x two days in a row over a weekend, and is now level40-ish. Now the account has 30 plat, 5 toons, several Halloween pinks.

I just don't know what the OP is talking about. Lately in PL I have had so much to do. I have an excess of plat. It seems STS wants to pay us back for all the plat we are bought while they were developing their games. It seems they are giving a lot of plat away.

If you don't do your daily blessings, you have only yourself to blame.

I agree Snake. The new blessing system has really had a great affect on PL, for me. I'd never really done low lvl farming. Now my low level toons for more than just mules.

It has also encouraged me to play different toons more frequently. For example, I will play the main toons if they get a combo blessings. So, I may play one for 24 hour and another the next day. Before blessings, I would play one for a few weeks to cap. Then the next and so on.

Its all gotten a lot more interesting.

DataPunk
11-05-2012, 02:35 PM
I have been playin since the first days of PL and i sorta quit. Game has become stale and the new expansion is so trasher based it int fun anymore if you arent on some elixer. Then we got the halloween dungeon and i didnt get a single drop from the boss in 2and a half hours on elixers . When i complained about that in guildchat the common response was to buy a elixer....... euhm i was on elixers. Not to bad mouth my guild but thats the overall player response to everything... boss wipes the whole team ever single time? Elixer up you noob.

I was hoping for a fresh start with AL but they gave in to the platbuyers already and are giving select people a headstart , you where once nice company sts, what happend?

MightyMicah
11-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I have been playin since the first days of PL and i sorta quit. Game has become stale and the new expansion is so trasher based it int fun anymore if you arent on some elixer. Then we got the halloween dungeon and i didnt get a single drop from the boss in 2and a half hours on elixers . When i complained about that in guildchat the common response was to buy a elixer....... euhm i was on elixers. Not to bad mouth my guild but thats the overall player response to everything... boss wipes the whole team ever single time? Elixer up you noob.

I was hoping for a fresh start with AL but they gave in to the platbuyers already and are giving select people a headstart , you where once nice company sts, what happend?

You didn't get what you want. So sts is clearly greedy...

DataPunk
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
You are clearly missin the point.

Rare
11-05-2012, 04:02 PM

Are you saying Australians and Canadians spend more on plat??

MightyMicah
11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
You are clearly missin the point.

Well, I'm no genius. Sometimes I tend to miss points. What exactly were you trying to say?

Hanguard
11-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I check in, for like 5 minutes (including the loading), Every couple days.

DataPunk
11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
please do not derail this thread trying to troll me, if you cant understand my point im sorry but stop the trolling please.

Samhayne
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Back to the topic of Pocket Legends losing players - as someone with access to the player numbers, I can tell you that it is not. The game is doing quite nicely, thank you all very much for your support!

Mcdouble, I'm sorry that you are not feeling it right now. As others in the thread suggested, try doing the daily blessings to obtain Platinum.

Thread closed.