PDA

View Full Version : Mage (PL) Vs. Engineer (SL)

XghostzX
11-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey guys.

So I play Pocket Legends, and I use a mage. Who'd win in a fight? A mage or engineer?

gison
11-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Mage.

jassisor
11-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Mage

javier995
11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Mage.

•An Engis bubble is nothing compared to a mage's mana shield.
•A Mage has a combo, frost + fire = nuked engi
•Mages are more than just support, their skills actually do damage
•Mages are just nukes ;)

akfury
11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
You can't even compare the two lol... Different mechanics and such

octavos
11-05-2012, 02:16 PM
You can't even compare the two lol... Different mechanics and such

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7I1L0Oa-NE

agreed ..btw.. Engineer XD

Slcinuup
11-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Engineers at 45 easily get 1000 armor which is a lot higher than a mage

Bless
11-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Mage.

Zaonabiuibil
11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Maybe if they were the same level it'd be possible to compare them.

Bless
11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Maybe if they were the same level it'd be possible to compare them. theyre both Endgame so it would be a fair thing. A Mage (full int) has like only 250 Armor at L76 but an engi has way more about 1k Armor so it is fair. However if you compare them skill wise, no equips on Mage has better skills.

ninjaduck
11-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Well the Mage's heal is alot more instant, and combined with the devastating effects of a Drain-Ice-Light-Fire combo, I think it would win :D

ArtofWar
11-05-2012, 05:40 PM
i think mages but im not sho

javier995
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Well... You can compare the two, since they both are the same type of class but just different games, but it's not entirely the same.

Since they are so different, being different games and all, you can't really say it'll be fair to compare.

You guys fail to remember... Armor is like 10 armor per 1 damage point in sl, in pl it's a bit different.

The amount of damage a Mage can inflect, even a 25 Mage, would kill a l46 engi almost instantly.

Mages have better damage skills , a better shield, better heals, and their drain (like transference) packs a heck of a punch.

Mages can actually nuke, while Engis can't.

Engis are basically the support class, while a Mage.... (For anyone who's played a Mage in pl before, they can tell you) a Mage is OP if you know how to use it.

If we had to compare, like it's being asked, and we had a simulation match between an engi and a Mage .... The Mage would win, in theory due to the skill damage, 9/10.

That's just how I see it, if you say engi would win I really think you should try a Mage in PL, it'll change your mind lol..

TEOKILLO
11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Mages r so OP in fact, that i mainly play the other classes to make things fun:)

KingFu
11-05-2012, 09:29 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58563-Engineers-Vs-Mages&highlight=Mage+engineer

XghostzX
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Of course mages are the best.

Cahaun
11-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Well... You can compare the two, since they both are the same type of class but just different games, but it's not entirely the same.

Since they are so different, being different games and all, you can't really say it'll be fair to compare.

You guys fail to remember... Armor is like 10 armor per 1 damage point in sl, in pl it's a bit different.

The amount of damage a Mage can inflect, even a 25 Mage, would kill a l46 engi almost instantly.

Mages have better damage skills , a better shield, better heals, and their drain (like transference) packs a heck of a punch.

Mages can actually nuke, while Engis can't.

Engis are basically the support class, while a Mage.... (For anyone who's played a Mage in pl before, they can tell you) a Mage is OP if you know how to use it.

If we had to compare, like it's being asked, and we had a simulation match between an engi and a Mage .... The Mage would win, in theory due to the skill damage, 9/10.

That's just how I see it, if you say engi would win I really think you should try a Mage in PL, it'll change your mind lol..
What you tend to forget is that SL armor is high because we have lasers shooting into us so we need better gear than leather, cloth, or cheap metal. The armor value of 1 in SL gives the same as 1 if brought up against PL's arrows, swords, and such. Think of it: Why would I be taking more damage from bows instead of high tech weaponry? Therefore SL still has the massive armor advantage compared to PL.

In damage sense, Mages win there. There skills are mostly kill, kill, kill. They also have a lot more skills at their disposal instead of the limited amount engineers can use. However, that makes engineer skills more potent than if they were spread.

The tank like engineer vs. Nuke mage is always a hard choice for me so I'd say a tie.

I also remembered this picture I had :p

javier995
11-06-2012, 09:01 PM
What you tend to forget is that SL armor is high because we have lasers shooting into us so we need better gear than leather, cloth, or cheap metal. The armor value of 1 in SL gives the same as 1 if brought up against PL's arrows, swords, and such. Think of it: Why would I be taking more damage from bows instead of high tech weaponry? Therefore SL still has the massive armor advantage compared to PL.

In damage sense, Mages win there. There skills are mostly kill, kill, kill. They also have a lot more skills at their disposal instead of the limited amount engineers can use. However, that makes engineer skills more potent than if they were spread.

The tank like engineer vs. Nuke mage is always a hard choice for me so I'd say a tie.

I also remembered this picture I had :p

Armor won't help much. Don't believe me? Use an armor implant and pvp on any class, it won't be of any help.

Of course mages win in damage, they're called nukes for a reason. But, seeing that you think mages automatically have more skills at their disposal is a key factor, you're not entirely correct. A Mage doesn't need every single skill to be able to nuke a Mage, a 46 Mage v 46 engi with the same amount of skills will have the Mage as the winner. Why? Because of the amount of damage and a shield that actually works. Given that an engi doesn't do much damage, it'll give a nuke Mage a long time with their Mana Shield.

This is not real life, therefore the points of space armor vs old school armor doesn't give any real factor in how the fight would go.

If you haven't pvped on both classes, you won't see how a Mage would own an engi.

Let's do some deadliest warrior stuff here.

Long range (12m) damage goes to: Mage
Armor goes to: Engi
Close range (6m) damage goes to: Mage
DPS goes to: Mage
Skill damage goes to: Mage
Mana regen goes to: Mage
Dodge goes to: Engi
Health regen goes to: Mage
Weapon damage goes to: Mage

Mage wins almost every stat there is. Mage is just a better due to:

• its gear isn't class specific
• it has the capability of nuking
• it has quicker heals
• it has more mana regen

STS made the Mage this way because PL classes are more damage oriented. A good pvper can kill just about anyone in one combo, on any of the 3 classes. In SL, the classes are "nerfed" (so to speak) this way the fights take a bit longer and somewhat more skill.

To my conclusion, if you still think it's a tie or that an engi would win... Visit PL and get good at Mage and pvp with it.

Cahaun
11-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I've played PL before, Javi. I know how a mage works :)
I'm still going to stick to what I believe in though. I know a good amount on both of them and how one can beat the other.

Battlegrinder
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm imagining the Mage and Engi just stalemating, with the engineering shrugging off the mage's attacks, and the mage just standing there, healing all the damage the engi is able to inflict.
Kind like this: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0077.html

javier995
11-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Eh, still don't see how an engi can hold it's ground vs nuking combos.

But Kay :p

XghostzX
11-10-2012, 08:08 PM
The mage wins! ;)

Bless
11-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Mage still wins. 1k Armor? Pfft nuked!

iRusher
11-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Mage would DESTROY an engi

iRusher
11-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Eh, still don't see how an engi can hold it's ground vs nuking combos.

But Kay :p

Exactly why I say Mage
Nukes ftw

XghostzX
01-01-2013, 03:57 PM
A mage wins! :)

iRusher
01-02-2013, 12:30 PM
A mage wins! :)
It does

Jig
01-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Mage ftw

Itoopeo
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Engineer. Eng has 1200 armor and cool dodge. Mage will die at least to dots after fight.

gison
01-17-2013, 07:49 PM
No, it won't. Lol.

Mrbananaz
01-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Engineer. Eng has 1200 armor and cool dodge. Mage will die at least to dots after fight.

what would win, a nuke or some knights armor? think of it like that..

Itoopeo
01-18-2013, 08:30 AM

what would win, a nuke or some knights armor? think of it like that..

I would shoot mage with paina and run behind tree or something. Lvl 46 mage has less armor and hp but high damage. So just use dodge set and use dots to kill mage. I bet good player could kill same lvl mage quite easily. Mages can heal a lot but loses all mana so fast. It depends how well eng plays.

Eng dodge is 48 and armor 1235
Dps 185 about
Health 750

Mage wont survive

Mrbananaz
01-18-2013, 07:55 PM
I would shoot mage with paina and run behind tree or something. Lvl 46 mage has less armor and hp but high damage. So just use dodge set and use dots to kill mage. I bet good player could kill same lvl mage quite easily. Mages can heal a lot but loses all mana so fast. It depends how well eng plays.

Dps 185 about
Health 750

Mage wont survive

yup a tree will survive a nuclear bomb..

gison
01-18-2013, 07:57 PM

Dps 185 about
Health 750

Mage wont survive

I'm guessing you don't play PL often ;)

Itoopeo
01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
I do play pl with lvl 61 bird

gison
01-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Read better next time.

I never said you didn't play PL.

I said you don't play PL 'often'.

Often is the key word. ;)

Itoopeo
01-20-2013, 04:34 AM
Sorry forgot to say that started playing at christmast 2012

gison
01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
K. :)

XghostzX
02-25-2013, 05:00 PM

Dps 185 about
Health 750

Mage wont survive

We can max heal though :)

Itoopeo
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
I noticed PL armor works differently. There is a lot more difference between 100 and 150 armor, and SL theres same kind of difference between 1300 and 1650 armor. But if engineers armor is in PL, mages nukes wont make much damage. If it does 400 damage to bird with 130 armor, engi would take around 30-50 damage from same combo with 1200 armor. Also if mage comes to SL and armor would work like in SL mage would be almost same as naked. Engineers can kill naked guy in 1-2 seconds easily. Full build does total 900-1000 damage with dots and dps 200/ sec. Result between fight of these two depends at mechanics of the games.

Zeus
02-27-2013, 02:06 PM
theyre both Endgame so it would be a fair thing. A Mage (full int) has like only 250 Armor at L76 but an engi has way more about 1k Armor so it is fair. However if you compare them skill wise, no equips on Mage has better skills.

Again with the armor ratio difference...

To stop confusion, I'll say it again. :)

I believe there was a dev quote on it somewhere, but the decimal armor values were not included in PL, but were in SL.

Thus, in SL 101 armor in PL is 10.1 armor (really 10 armor, since PL doesn't do decimal values). This is also the same reason why when you put on different vanities in PL, it will show a +0, because in the background, there is some decimal value that is not showing.

In SL, they did away with that and made things a little easier to comprehend. :) I believe they used that system for every legend game since PL, btw.

XghostzX
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM

I believe there was a dev quote on it somewhere, but the decimal armor values were not included in PL, but were in SL.

Thus, in SL 101 armor in PL is 10.1 armor (really 10 armor, since PL doesn't do decimal values). This is also the same reason why when you put on different vanities in PL, it will show a +0, because in the background, there is some decimal value that is not showing.

In SL, they did away with that and made things a little easier to comprehend. :) I believe they used that system for every legend game since PL, btw.

You couldn't have just used 100 instead of 101? ._. Sorry, I'm a bit OCD

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
03-07-2013, 11:20 PM

Makes sense, good job

Zolum
06-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Mages for sure. Through my experience in PL, I learned to always follow a mage in pve cause they dominated and healed me up. Engis are weaker and don't provide as much protection and dps to pve.

Itoopeo
07-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Mages for sure. Through my experience in PL, I learned to always follow a mage in pve cause they dominated and healed me up. Engis are weaker and don't provide as much protection and dps to pve.

Thats because we do single target damage. Also engis can heal more at once than mages in pve. (Transference heal up to 1200)

Itoopeo
07-06-2013, 04:30 PM
If engs could max heal in pvp too, mage would lose. Or no one would die. (L51 mage has 100 armor and same level eng has 1300 plus 42 dodge) if we believe what apollo said, eng could not kill mage and fight ends draw. If we dont believe him, eng would easily win mage.

Jig
07-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Fin, get out, mages would nuke the hell out of them weak engi's drain heals wht 400? Heal can do 200-300? Thats enough and mages have close to 100 armor also at 50? And the crit, the combos that star legends itself doesnt have yet does it? Plus more regen

Itoopeo
07-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Engs got 6 times more armor than L50 bears. (When buffed its 7x armor) also 650 health. Thats enough for tanking L50 mage forever. Mage cant kill engi and engi cant kill mage because of regens. So basically fight ends DRAW

Jig
07-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Then .. Mages buff 60+ crit and 100-150+ DMG even more nuke. Yes, maybe your right it will be a long fight, 5-8 seconds, but the continuously amount of dmg a mage provides lightning huge crit dmg drain the big skill for hp regen and dmg! Fire its just to much for engis xD btw mages have a little dodge to, 4-5? Mages are pretty op at 50 to.

quanebo
07-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Engs got 6 times more armor than L50 bears. (When buffed its 7x armor) also 650 health. Thats enough for tanking L50 mage forever. Mage cant kill engi and engi cant kill mage because of regens. So basically fight ends DRAW

y u always pick the sl chars? lol we all know that pl has better classes

Itoopeo
07-07-2013, 11:29 AM
No. Warrior is better than comm, because comm cant heal fast enough. OP is better than bird because op can do damage too, and they can kill bird before bird killa them

Jig
07-08-2013, 12:59 AM
LMFAO Birds have combos, sl has nothing yes sl ops can have dmg, but us birds do to, and on top of that, we have combos. break shattering scream, blast boom a LARGE amount of dmg in 3 skills, the stuff you have to do on an op skill layout is silly, and that isnt even the best combo we can do, we can do many others like break root shatter blast boom, our dodge is higher to isnt it? hmm I think you probably wanna play PL first before you start thinking sl characters are stronger then pocket legends. Of course you would keep believing the same thing cause you only play sl, which I have a lot of experience in sl and pl but i quit sl at 41 cap. Can any devs please just say something to end this..

Fireface
07-08-2013, 02:15 AM
What happen to just Mage and Eng? Now it's all the other classes involved

Jig
07-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Because fin said operators are stronger then birds, and quan said "y u always pick the sl chars? lol we all know that pl has better classes"

Itoopeo
12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Engi wins! 10x more armor and healing ability -> mage loses all mana and engi winnnns!

Jig
12-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Engi wins! 10x more armor and healing ability -> mage loses all mana and engi winnnns!

Mage isn't going to lose all of its mana like that if an engi is so weak with dmg, Mage will either kite, or late shield

Kite come back in do a nuke late shield nuke again nuke nuke nuke boom your dead! Winner! Your engis mana will run out after a while from using so many skills xD well Mage would to but it depends

Itoopeo
12-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Engis have infinite mana.. i would say fight would be endless

Jig
12-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Engis have infinite mana.. i would say fight would be endless

You know what, a mage versing an engi would be like a pally versing a pally, never ending, or a bear vs pally.

But in the end mages had nuking skills, engis have weak skills ;) do they not?

Cahaun
12-07-2013, 05:48 AM
You know what, a mage versing an engi would be like a pally versing a pally, never ending, or a bear vs pally.

But in the end mages had nuking skills, engis have weak skills ;) do they not?

And in the end, the engineer has an incredible amount of armor and healing skills. They both counter the other's strengths so I can see this being an endless match.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

BodMaster
12-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Lol, pretty interesting thread tbf xD (Though has technically become, PL vs SL player thread)

As Apollo said, 1000 armour in SL would amount to only 100 armour in PL. (Believe Flip explained the value's once a long time ago, and another Dev which I have forgotten :p)

But if we are taking things to technical terms, as for combo's and such they didn't exist back when PL was at lvl 51 Cap so depends how you'd wanna break it down. (Pre-enhanced stats that PL is known for now)

All hypothetical in the end;

StS in-game values (+mechanics) taken into account (PvP disadvantages nerfed etc) = Mage

All out with an Engi being handled by Morfic = Engi

IRL = Engi hands down (Love your explanation btw Cahaun xD)

Jig
12-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Lol, pretty interesting thread tbf xD (Though has technically become, PL vs SL player thread)

As Apollo said, 1000 armour in SL would amount to only 100 armour in PL. (Believe Flip explained the value's once a long time ago, and another Dev which I have forgotten :p)

But if we are taking things to technical terms, as for combo's and such they didn't exist back when PL was at lvl 51 Cap so depends how you'd wanna break it down. (Pre-enhanced stats that PL is known for now)

All hypothetical in the end;

StS in-game values (+mechanics) taken into account (PvP disadvantages nerfed etc) = Mage

All out with an Engi being handled by Morfic = Engi

IRL = Engi hands down (Love your explanation btw Cahaun xD)

And if handled by a pro mage in PL, example >> Ghost ;) or Blitz and many others, then winner winner chicken dinner :P

BodMaster
12-08-2013, 08:53 AM
And if handled by a pro mage in PL, example >> Ghost ;) or Blitz and many others, then winner winner chicken dinner :P

Someone that didn't see the God of PvP Morfic fight couldn't possibly understand d: (They were crazy pro at PL too, until I convinced them to return to SL back in the day before IAPs and recycled content run the games ofc)

He practically went the class that was least possible to win with and turned things around by obsessively working them until he had the perfect build to destroy any challenger.

akfury
12-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Someone that didn't see the God of PvP Morfic fight couldn't possibly understand d: (They were crazy pro at PL too, until I convinced them to return to SL back in the day before IAPs and recycled content run the games ofc)

He practically went the class that was least possible to win with and turned things around by obsessively working them until he had the perfect build to destroy any challenger.

bows to morfic* sensei lol what bod says is thruth

Jig
12-08-2013, 04:54 PM

Riiiiiiigghhhhtttttt then........

Cahaun
12-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Very much so!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2