PDA

View Full Version : improve the /stats command

iulicutu
05-03-2024, 09:46 AM
been using the /stats command a lot lately to test different gears/procs etc.
one thing i find annoying is that it lists all the stuff at once
and i have to scroll a lot through chat just to compare 2 types of stats from 2 consecutive /stats commands(before and after a proc for example)

i'm not sure how this command works internally but could a function be implemented such that it shows only certain types of stats?
it would look like this: "/stats <something>" and it would only output in chat the stats that contain "something" in their name

for example if i use "/stats damage"
it would only write the stats that have damage in their name: crit damage, damage(stacking), boss damage, etc.
"/stats gold" would only show the gold loot
"/stats haste" would only show haste; "/stats speed" would only show movement speed and so on

i think this would be a good QoL update and hopefully shouldn't be too hard to implement

pocoacuffs
05-03-2024, 09:51 AM
+1 ….. especially because when you scroll up in chat to look at a stat for example Gold Loot… the chat doesnt scroll down again automatically. So i might do /stats again and think im looking at my new GL stat and im confused until i realize i have to scroll back down manually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asommers
05-03-2024, 11:12 AM
We don't have the time, but if we did, we'd add a separate real-time stats overlay with show/hide per stat.

/stats was meant to be quick and simple on our end. I've always hated how the chat text pages instead of scrolls. Adjusting font size would in that window would be nice as well to allow you to see more.

I think a 'scroll to the bottom' button for chat would be the fastest thing to implement and would suit your needs.

-ALS

pocoacuffs
05-03-2024, 11:14 AM
We don't have the time, but if we did, we'd add a separate real-time stats overlay with show/hide per stat.

/stats was meant to be quick and simple on our end. I've always hated how the chat text pages instead of scrolls. Adjusting font size would in that window would be nice as well to allow you to see more.

I think a 'scroll to the bottom' button for chat would be the fastest thing to implement and would suit your needs.

-ALS

yes, yes, yes!!! please do this. i hate having to click a bajillion times to scroll back down hahaha

thanks asommers(:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wortwechsel
05-03-2024, 06:58 PM

-ALS

+11111

Ahhh n Real Time Overlay Hrrr Mhmmm
Iam Dreaming :D

Wonderful Ideas

Go for it Asommers ;D

Greets

Wortwechsel