PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Scammers! (READ THIS!)

D-:
11-04-2012, 11:59 PM
My friend, mason, got scammed out of a Demonic Mace Set.

One of his closest friends "ilovegio" wanted to try this demonic set on...

Now remember, HIS CLOSEST friend, which means he can most likely be trusted...?

Wrong.

He got scammed out of this. Now he has quit.

Good job Ilovegivo. You and other scammers make this community worse by the day.

And we all have lost a great person because of you.

And Devs/Mods : If you can review this conversation please read it over and give Mason (Demonic IGN) his set back.

That's it.

Beware of scammers guys, even some very good friends can scam at any moment.

Even you Caige.

Gg.

Zaheris
11-05-2012, 12:02 AM
My friend's account info was stolen by her friend of over a year and she almost quit-there are just TOO MANY SCAMMERS.

D-:
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
That's why I trust no one except people I know irl. Caige = exception.

billybob1
11-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I only trust jhood..I trust him even with my gf...when I'm not there..gone for hours...nothing for them to do but.....

LwMark
11-05-2012, 12:59 AM
I trust Javiemma, Jhood, Hate and Angeldawn with ANYTHING.

***NEWS FLASH!!***

REMEMBER IF YOU GIFT OR TRADING ANYTHING DONT EXPECT ANYTHING IN RETURN, REMEMBER THIS IS THE INTERNET, JHOOD COULD BE A 600 WOMEN lol jk haha Jhood is bes

ONCE U CLICK CONFIRM U CANT GO BACK, SO HERES IDEA IF U WANA LET SOMEONE TRY SOMETHIN JUST TRADE SOMETHIN OF EQUAL VALUE OR JUST DONT TRADE AT ALL.

glennleejunxian
11-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Stop being such a noob

glennleejunxian
11-05-2012, 01:23 AM
If u don't like it then don't play the game ?

D-:
11-05-2012, 01:23 AM
I think it's ilovegio...

glennleejunxian
11-05-2012, 01:25 AM
What a noob

D-:
Don't scam others, you aren't cool. Behind your keyboard you're just a 11 year old fat, pimple faced kid. These dumb kids "keyboard fighters" love to talk trash over the Internet but they wouldn't do it EVER irl.

glennleejunxian
Then just get on in life

D-:
11-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Kid go get some proactive. Might wanna sign up for Weight Watchers for Women as well!

glennleejunxian
11-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Don't be a noob please

D-:
11-05-2012, 01:28 AM
That's it don't be a noob? My int bird would kick your arse any day out of the week.

And use a set that is YOURS not one you SCAMMED PEOPLE OFF OF.

LwMark
11-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Guys! seriously none of this on forums pleaseeeeeee, if u have problems email support, if u feel u got scammed an such just say your story to support. Nothin here is gonna get solved except arguin back an fourth.

D-:
11-05-2012, 01:33 AM
That's it don't be a noob? My int bird would kick your arse any day out of the week.

AND all u say is don't be a noob? How old are you, 10? YOU SAID IT 3 TIMES THINK OF SOMETHING BETTER!

D-:
11-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Guys! seriously none of this on forums pleaseeeeeee, if u have problems email support, if u feel u got scammed an such just say your story to support. Nothin here is gonna get solved except arguin back an fourth.

Yeah like Gnosis will do anything to help the situation.

LwMark
11-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Oops sorry double postin

LwMark
11-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS

Sciazaratek
11-05-2012, 02:17 AM
I only trust friends that behave mature

Bless
11-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

-RS should've quoted him

LwMark
11-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

-RS should've quoted him
I did but when paste it all it said was a word idk wouldnt work so i figured him initially was good enough

Rot
11-05-2012, 05:14 AM
Did Mason really quit? I'll miss him. I have a l56 bear called 'Demon' and it looks cool when I stand beside his bird called 'Demonic'. Don't think STS can do a thing even if you post it on forums. What scammed is scammed, you can't get anything back, I think.

Rare
11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah like Gnosis will do anything to help the situation.

He won't now. That's for sure.

Rare
11-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Everyone can trust me. But I won't trust you.

I've never scammed or been scammed. Try it out.

LvlCap
11-05-2012, 09:39 AM

AND all u say is don't be a noob? How old are you, 10? YOU SAID IT 3 TIMES THINK OF SOMETHING BETTER! your talking about him being 10? Your acting pretty childish to me.

Suntv
11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Never lend out anything to anyone and problems are solved...

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
You know the number of scammers would decrease if the number of stupid people decreased

Plaguemaw
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Don't lend anything you can't go take back if its not returned.

Other than forcibly using the scammers device to return your stuff, pixels are included.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

KingFu
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
How many of these threads do we need? The stupid will keep doing stupid things, and suffer the consequences. We don't need 3-5 of these threads every month to remind us. If someone is scammed, it doesn't need to be announced. Quite frankly, it just shows how stupid the person that got scammed really is, rather than how much of a jerk the scammer is.

Don't scam others, you aren't cool. Behind your keyboard you're just a 11 year old fat, pimple faced kid. These dumb kids "keyboard fighters" love to talk trash over the Internet but they wouldn't do it EVER irl.

Nice insults btw. Let the person who got scammed fight their own battles. If they quit, then that's just how they want to react to the situation. Let STS deal with the final result.

Yich
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
How many of these threads do we need? The stupid will keep doing stupid things, and suffer the consequences. We don't need 3-5 of these threads every month to remind us. If someone is scammed, it doesn't need to be announced. Quite frankly, it just shows how stupid the person that got scammed really is, rather than how much of a jerk the scammer is.

Nice insults btw. Let the person who got scammed fight their own battles. If they quit, then that's just how they want to react to the situation. Let STS deal with the final result.

I sure do hope Apollo doesnt come across this...

FluffNStuff
11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Hunnyhunter is a complete scammer!
You think you know someone, but this shows you that you can not trust anyone. I have been playing alongside Hunnyhunter for almost three years now, and I thought we had become great friends. When I was level capped at level 35 in the swamps and he was just getting started I would farm gold and items just so HE could catch up. We would share everything! I even gave him access to my stash, and would let him wear my GOA shield from time to time. We were that close!
Well, goes to show how much you know people. I looted a Tiki Dex set and said he could ~burrow~ it to try it out, and he REFUSES to return it!!!! In fact he is NEVER online when I am. It is like when ever I get online, he has just gotten off. He is completely avoiding me!!!
So, moral of the story, no matter how much you THINK you trust a toon, even if that toon happens to be on the same account as you, NEVER LEND ITEMS!!!

TEOKILLO
11-05-2012, 10:53 AM
O.o

Walkhardd
11-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I only trust jhood..I trust him even with my gf...when I'm not there..gone for hours...nothing for them to do but.....

You can trust me with anything in game..I haven't seen your gf, so..I can't promise you anything there.

Waug
11-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Feeling bad for mason, but as most of the cases, it's the fault of the person, who got scammed. You should not blame sts, and sts also should not take serious action against the scammer(unless so many complaints from several users) , cuz who knows, I may give someone few items just to ban him, saying he scammed me. That make no sense.

Anyway, u can make it again mason, making gold is not that much tough specilally for experienced players.

Bless
11-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Jhood, Hunz, Lw, Billy are ur trustable middlemans!

billybob1
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
You can trust me with anything in game..I haven't seen your gf, so..I can't promise you anything there.

Lol....i....well she........rofl....ill finish latr..

LwMark
11-05-2012, 01:03 PM

I sure do hope Apollo doesnt come across this...
Lol

Rare
11-05-2012, 02:04 PM
You think you know someone, but this shows you that you can not trust anyone. I have been playing alongside Hunnyhunter for almost three years now, and I thought we had become great friends. When I was level capped at level 35 in the swamps and he was just getting started I would farm gold and items just so HE could catch up. We would share everything! I even gave him access to my stash, and would let him wear my GOA shield from time to time. We were that close!
Well, goes to show how much you know people. I looted a Tiki Dex set and said he could ~burrow~ it to try it out, and he REFUSES to return it!!!! In fact he is NEVER online when I am. It is like when ever I get online, he has just gotten off. He is completely avoiding me!!!
So, moral of the story, no matter how much you THINK you trust a toon, even if that toon happens to be on the same account as you, NEVER LEND ITEMS!!!

lol. I had know idea what you were talking about until I looked in your sig.

Hanguard
11-05-2012, 03:13 PM
People who get scammed are usually 9 yr olds anyways. Its not surprising they get scammed. Still their fault. Plus they should not be on the internet for a matter of fact, if all they do is whine.

ninjaduck
11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
The bottom line for me, at least, is that it wasn't Masons fault. If the two really were that close, its simply a break of trust, which in my eyes, is disgusting. Even in a mobile MMO. All you AoAs and whatnot can recite your same old junk about " Dont trust people you cant see" and "Its his fault, he gave the items" but at the end of the day, an online relationship (friendship) can be equally close as a real life one. I've known a few people since late 2010 on PL, and still know them. I have no idea what their age is, or what they look like, or what they sound like. All i know is that we get along. I would trust those people with my demonic. Its just that 1% in the population of close online friends that decide to completely throw away this relationship for some virtual item. This defines an online child's attitude IMO.

Zaonabiuibil
11-05-2012, 03:51 PM

First off, thank you. That made my day.

Next:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

-RS

And: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69958-And-Now-A-Word-From-Your-Customer-Support-Team%85

RedStapler
11-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey Guys,

Closing this down.

Thanks to those who quoted my post on how to avoid getting scammed.

Once more with feeling: If you got scammed, please report it. We may not be able to get you your items back, but we do need to know who's behaving poorly.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

-RS