PDA

View Full Version : concern with mob dmg in groups

Walkhardd
11-05-2012, 01:38 PM
So I just started playing, and I'm already getting annoyed with players I'm running with. The dmg mobs ( bosses even more so) deal with a full group seems a bit high. (At least at lower levels.)

I've had to tell at least 5 players to either help out, or leave. I think it might be better if the mobs got more HP as more players joined, but getting one shotted by a boss because 2 of the 4 players are doing nothing is pretty frustrating.

CosmoxKramer
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree. I don't see too much reason to increase damage my significant amounts per person in the party, but you could increase health by a multiple of # of people (soloing = 100% base health, 2 people = 200% base health, etc). Since healing, as i hear, has a long CD then damage should increase at huge rates, maybe 10% for each additional party (30% damage bonus for 4 people in part). seems strange to have a tank class, but the tank has to kite constantly to avoid damage.

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeh unless I solo almost ever boss past second towne one hits me
Thankfully I can get 95% dodge

xxpanzeexx
11-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Suck it up, if you get a good party its fine. if not solo

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 04:37 PM
So this game is anti PUG if you a nuke sorcerer?

Walkhardd
11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Suck it up, if you get a good party its fine. if not solo

Lol. I'm not screaming for a nerf while wearing green gear. Im just concerned about punishing players for playing in groups.

gundamsone
11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Game is fine as it is.
People gotta learn how to play a real mmo

CosmoxKramer
11-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Real MMOs don't 1 shot people, maybe on elite mode, but not normal

ninjaduck
11-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Cap. Get to elite boss. Farm pinks. Own mobs. End of story. Lok pls

Walkhardd
11-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Cap. Get to elite boss. Farm pinks. Own mobs. End of story. Lok pls

Why lock? Ppl can disagree..

The only reason I brought this up is because it reminded me of Diablo 3 when it first launched. Everyone ran solo because it was much easier. They nerfed mobs dmg dealt in group play, and was fun to run with ppl.

P.s- I solod diablo3 pre-nerf,when ppl were saying it was the hardest game ever. Blizzard nerfed it to the ground. Don't gimme newb treatment about mmos plox.

xxpanzeexx
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
If you think normal mode is hard.... The elite dungeon is BRUTAL! I can barely kill one guy, dont know if the mobs in elite dungeon get stronger with more ppl tho. Ill test it then report back

Rare
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
if not solo

Exactly how an mmo should be!!

xcainnblecterx
11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes mobs in elite increase in difficulty as players join , but for some reason it feels easier with a party

CosmoxKramer
11-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I can understand on normal mode if mobs special attack can 1 shot but when talking about auto attack damage, a 1 shot seems high

Elyseon
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Be pure str sorcerer liek me
1k hp 1k mana

Noonan.
11-06-2012, 05:05 AM
I agree. I don't see too much reason to increase damage my significant amounts per person in the party, but you could increase health by a multiple of # of people (soloing = 100% base health, 2 people = 200% base health, etc). Since healing, as i hear, has a long CD then damage should increase at huge rates, maybe 10% for each additional party (30% damage bonus for 4 people in part). seems strange to have a tank class, but the tank has to kite constantly to avoid damage.

You don't want to increase the health and damage by that much per person... Remember, you want to be benefiting from increasing party members. So more people = easier runs though levels. Not just the same difficulty as soloing.

CosmoxKramer
11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
you want it to be a similar difficulty when play solo or party no? So they should increase HP/damage accordingly. so if you kill a guy within 3 seconds solo, shouldn't it be about the same in a party? so increasing health. Even 100% more health per person would still probably make the mob die quicker than 3 seconds because de-buff will effect more than 1 person doing damage to a mob, similar to weakening a mobs damage, and more chances to heal causing the need for an increase in damage. But just because you are in a group doesn't mean you should get 1 shot, when normally you could survive several hits solo. Thats where the damage increase per person may be too high. So to balance difficulty they could give a larger HP bonus to the mobs and reduce damage so it takes a little longer to kill, but they would still do pretty close to the same amount of damage. (30% more damage for 4 people may have been high, I'm just guessing since i can't play yet...just reading a lot of forums)