PDA

View Full Version : Question: iOS & Worldwide releases

Nightarcher
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Are these two events happening at the same time?

I'm not entirely sure how the system works, and I know that Apple takes a long time to approve apps. I assume once AL is approved we'll see the worldwide release, unless there's some way of restricting access to apps in the Apple store to just Canada/Australia (is there?). I'm just curious. :)

Samhayne
11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Hey Nightarcher,

Honestly, it still hasn't been set in stone yet. That's why we haven't announced anything. There are still moving parts to it all. We're still working with Apple for approval of Arcane Legends (which is kind of like working with a black hole, we don't know 'till they decide to tell us). I know it is frustrating to not know when you can play. At this time all we can ask is for your patience and understanding. Thanks for that and for your continued support!

akfury
11-06-2012, 01:40 PM
:/... Maybe just give us a android and chrome release if apple takes for ever

LwMark
11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
U dont have android

akfury
11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
U dont have android

But I have chrome ;)

Nightarcher
11-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Hey Nightarcher,

Honestly, it still hasn't been set in stone yet. That's why we haven't announced anything. There are still moving parts to it all. We're still working with Apple for approval of Arcane Legends (which is kind of like working with a black hole, we don't know 'till they decide to tell us). I know it is frustrating to not know when you can play. At this time all we can ask is for your patience and understanding. Thanks for that and for your continued support!

Thanks Sam! :)

I am looking forward to the release eagerly! This game is the most vibrant and well put-together of all the Legends titles to date; you guys at STS have outdone yourselves. As someone who played PL back when we had to buy new campaigns for ~$2 each, these games have come very far. Congratulations!

Asifrausa
11-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Hey Nightarcher,

Well I just hope that Apple can approve it fast since I'm going away for University for 3 years and might not have the time to play AL or any games :)

Zeimer
11-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Well, first of all, I think it's better to release AL in Android and Chrome in the same time as Apple, so that people in the Apple and Android or Chrome can play together. Also, that will also make things fair. People who play in Apple can play with people who play on Android and Chrome in the same time. Well, you know, that's fair, isn't it? So we will play at the same time! No one will play first or last. Well.... Although maybe some people won't think the same thing as me. And try to think about it! The game is ready, the devs has announced AL release date (Fall 2012), so the one who make the things late are Apple! Well, but if I think about it, they also busy with other games, I think. Now is up to you!

P.S. I'm not really good at English, so please tell me if there's some mistakes. Thanks!

ninjaduck
11-07-2012, 06:16 AM

Or just be patient for bugs to be solved. Lol

ninjaduck
11-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Well, first of all, I think it's better to release AL in Android and Chrome in the same time as Apple, so that people in the Apple and Android or Chrome can play together. Also, that will also make things fair. People who play in Apple can play with people who play on Android and Chrome in the same time. Well, you know, that's fair, isn't it? So we will play at the same time! No one will play first or last. Well.... Although maybe some people won't think the same thing as me. And try to think about it! The game is ready, the devs has announced AL release date (Fall 2012), so the one who make the things late are Apple! Well, but if I think about it, they also busy with other games, I think. Now is up to you!

P.S. I'm not really good at English, so please tell me if there's some mistakes. Thanks!

I agree with this, and your English is wonderful :D

Zeimer
11-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Thanks! Though there's words I shouldn't use.... But thank you!

akfury
11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Or just be patient for bugs to be solved. Lol

Lol telling me to be patient again smh...

Snakespeare
11-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I will wait for iOS. It will probably be the same as DL, released on Android and Chrome until Apple gets through their backlog. Android does no testing, so STS can put it on Google whenever they want. But Apple tests everything completely. The Chrome version requires d-pad with WASD keys, and I don't enjoy that at all. But I will probably log in and create them, start blessings, then wait on iOS, once it comes to Chrome.

eugene9707
11-07-2012, 11:40 PM
maybe release it on chrome web store first ??

i believe most players have computer access ......

shadow90
11-08-2012, 04:13 AM
The solution to all the problems: Release it on Android and Chrome worldwide. And then Apple.
I don't see any major bugs in AL so it should be fine.

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 05:54 AM
I think Andriod and Chrome release 1st...if Apple want to faff about waiting for approval then let them. It takes 2 mins to download Chrome so those people on IOS (like me) can play it by other means :)

Nightarcher
11-09-2012, 12:06 AM
The solution to all the problems: Release it on Android and Chrome worldwide. And then Apple.
I don't see any major bugs in AL so it should be fine.

I like this idea! Apple is pretty darn slow, so iOS users could just stick to the non-mobile game for a while.

PvE
11-09-2012, 12:55 AM
I honestly can say what they are doing now ia best fit becauae think of the econmy if they didnt do limited release. Tons of people instead of a selected few would have 300k from making alts and collecting with plat. It was abused sts fixed, major props. Also they are doing alot of updates because the game has a decent amount of bugs. Its easier to listen to a controlled group than thousands of rants.

Knockador
11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
My opinion, don't care about having to catch up to 15s, all I wanted was the fairness of being able to find names that weren't reserved. This all could've been easily avoided by a world wide release, but as we all know..STS doesn't listen. lol the picture I have in mind of STS is of that guy on a YouTube video by STS a long long time ago talking about something and trying to be funny when he wasn't. I think he was relating something to tacos...

Samhayne
11-09-2012, 05:12 PM
We are doing an exclusive launch on Google Play for Android and on Google Chrome. Part of the reason for this stems from featuring that we receive from Google for doing so. iOS launch will follow after the exclusive period is over with Google Play and Chrome. We'll have more details about the exact timing of that exclusive period soon. Announcement post here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74577-Arcane-Legends-Launch-on-Android-and-Chrome-Coming-Soon!-iOS-to-Follow-Shortly!

Vystirch
11-09-2012, 07:59 PM
We are doing an exclusive launch on Google Play for Android and on Google Chrome. Part of the reason for this stems from featuring that we receive from Google for doing so. iOS launch will follow after the exclusive period is over with Google Play and Chrome. We'll have more details about the exact timing of that exclusive period soon. Announcement post here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?74577-Arcane-Legends-Launch-on-Android-and-Chrome-Coming-Soon!-iOS-to-Follow-Shortly!

Thanks for the update Sam. I hope iOS comes soon and that exclusive period comes quick. I can't wait to make my guild in al I have everything ready!

Thanks,
-Vys