PDA

View Full Version : Blackstar Chronicles Description Contest

Battlegrinder
11-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I've been writing a novelization of the SL for the past few months (link in my signature), and have recently been trying to come up with a good description of the resulting novel for the websites I've published it on. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with something I like. So now, I'm asking the rest of the community for help.

The Challenge: Write a short description/back cover blurb for the novel. You don't have to read the novel (but it might help), just write what you think would be a good description for a novelization of SL. protagonist's name is Vance Dawes.

The Reward:Your description (or a modified variant thereof) will be used as the official novel description, granting you fame and fortune. Well, probably not fame and fortune, but you will be credited for your work, and added to the list of contributors for the novel.

In addition, you can submit a character name (and a background, if you wish) along with your description, and I will add that character to the novel. Keep any characters reasonable (epicpwnage117 might be a fine name for an MMO avatar, but I doubt you'd meet anyone by that name in real life).

Energizer12
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Wow this is a challenge! I suck at things like this :(

WinterKate
11-07-2012, 03:43 AM
I wanna try. :) I will post when I am done. :)

Edit: Like I'm gonna do a preview of it. Or like the descriptions you found at the back covers of novels, something like that?

Battlegrinder
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I wanna try. :) I will post when I am done. :)

Edit: Like I'm gonna do a preview of it. Or like the descriptions you found at the back covers of novels, something like that?

Yes, exactly that.