Chickdigcookies
09-09-2010, 02:36 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/f83ca7f2.jpg

Raxie
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
looks awesome! is there only osiris?

Royce
09-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Hmmm "Desert-Frost Weapon"? That makes total sense...

Chickdigcookies
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Apep is a god of evil...

SO how can it be, God of Evil Sunkiller Staff of The God of the Underworld...?

Raxie
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
the 'sunkiller' bit is just a bit strange.

deathish
09-09-2010, 03:34 PM
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab284/zky69/b2464a62.jpg

check trade mines for sale

Cinco
09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Apep is a god of evil...

SO how can it be, God of Evil Sunkiller Staff of The God of the Underworld...?

Lucky I didn't name it the Ursan Ursan Sunkiller Staff of Thoth of the Bear's Mamboza.

kavanah
09-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Nonsensical is the key word word word word word word /bump record player...

=)

TwinkTastical
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Lucky I didn't name it the Ursan Ursan Sunkiller Staff of Thoth of the Bear's Mamboza.

You Shouldve...

Furrawn
09-09-2010, 04:03 PM

Lol
Personally, I think that's a great name... Lol lol

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Apep's sunkiller staff of ____
Apep = god of evil
Sunkiller = killer of the sun or killer of light, as the sun Is a symbolic refrence to light.
:. The staff is used by the god of evil to destroy light. Kapish?

Arterra
09-09-2010, 04:28 PM
lol holybean finally got it sometime after i disconnected T.T

Furrawn
09-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Apep = god of evil
Sunkiller = killer of the sun or killer of light, as the sun Is a symbolic refrence to light.
We all love when there's a funny or odd name that we can embrace with laughter...
This isn't a serious thread. We're having fun:)

Royce
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Apep = god of evil

Yeah that all makes perfect sense. My question is where does Apep find this "desert-frost" used by the staff? Are we going to get frosty fireblasters for frozen nightmare next?

Also Vyvin, you completely skipped the point of the confusing staff name, which includes Osiris. Whose staff is it? Apep's or Osiris'?

Raxie
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
trust you to get it, xom...

Furrawn
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah that all makes perfect sense. My question is where does Apep find this "desert-frost" used by the staff? Are we going to get frosty fireblasters for frozen nightmare next?

Hmmm... In fantasy books, often the bad guys get energy by devouring something good or at least opposite. So, Apep could pull in the heat and sun and use the energy from it to create something cold...and in RL the deserts can drop to freezing at night.

Frosty fireblasters would be awesome!
Got to love the oxymorons! :D

Royce
09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
and in RL the deserts can drop to freezing at night.

Yes, but in order to be defined as a desert, they must be very, very dry, so I can't see where frost could come from. Then again, these guys are Texans, so they should know their deserts...
(And BTW, I'm specifically referring to the description which states it is a "desert-frost weapon".)

jonboy
09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I reckon it is to keep his drinks cold, nothing like a warm beer to ruin a day of evil.

jonboy
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
A desert can receive some rainfall.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=desert

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Since were having some fun!
Disregard the spelling.

Actually Royce there is a good story behind it,
Long time ago, when apep was just a lvl5 noob I owned him.. Like I kicked his a**. With my alien blaster which I got after r'loxx surrendered cause I owned his little alien a**. Anyway I left my frost bow thinking I liquidated it, careless if me. So sue me Im a 45. So thinking he could own me he built a staff out of my bow the only one of it's kind he called it APEP'S SUNKILLER STAFF! So I'm like WTF! That little noob! And so owning his punk a** again I retrieved it and broke it into prices the these mages, noobs u know urselves (I blame Alterra) fixed it sold it to XOM who is now selling cause itz so freaking NOOB!

Comment!
/Vyvin

Royce
09-09-2010, 04:54 PM
A desert can receive some rainfall.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=desert

I realize this. However, I can't find any confirmation anywhere that deserts can have frost, but whatever, I wasn't trying to start a fight ;)

Furrawn
09-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Yes, but in order to be defined as a desert, they must be very, very dry, so I can't see where frost could come from. Then again, these guys are Texans, so they should know their deserts...
(And BTW, I'm specifically referring to the description which states it is a "desert-frost weapon".)

Yes, but the extreme temp differences will.often create moisture. Bedouins find dew under rocks in the morning. And ten there's the whole polar desert which is ice all the time...

Lol aren't we all just talking? I love conversations like this. It doesn't feel like fighting...

Hmm... In reality, maybe the cold does not cause actual frost...

All I can say that I know for sure is that I've been to Death Valley when it was snowing. Not the same as frost obviously:(

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Actually apep stole powers of osiris to try to own me! As u can see he's not doing too much of a good job!

Haikus
09-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Since were having some fun!
Disregard the spelling.

Actually Royce there is a good story behind it,
Long time ago, when apep was just a lvl5 noob I owned him.. Like I kicked his a**. With my alien blaster which I got after r'loxx surrendered cause I owned his little alien a**. Anyway I left my frost bow thinking I liquidated it, careless if me. So sue me Im a 45. So thinking he could own me he built a staff out of my bow the only one of it's kind he called it APEP'S SUNKILLER STAFF! So I'm like WTF! That little noob! And so owning his punk a** again I retrieved it and broke it into prices the these mages, noobs u know urselves (I blame Alterra) fixed it sold it to XOM who is now selling cause itz so freaking NOOB!

Comment!
/Vyvin

ummm...ya no comment...;)

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Pretty epic though watch out for my next tale of terror...

Royce
09-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Yes, but the extreme temp differences will.often create moisture. Bedouins find dew under rocks in the morning. And ten there's the whole polar desert which is ice all the time...

Lol aren't we all just talking? I love conversations like this. It doesn't feel like fighting...

Hmm... In reality, maybe the cold does not cause actual frost...

All I can say that I know for sure is that I've been to Death Valley when it was snowing. Not the same as frost obviously:(

According to wikipedia:

Frost is the solid deposition of water vapor from saturated air. It is formed when solid surfaces are cooled to below the dew point of the adjacent air as well as below the freezing point of water.
This means it requires the air to be humid. I'm not sure that I know of any humid deserts, even near the poles, but I could be wrong, maybe...

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Agreed.. See humidity forms I'm guessing I warm tropical areas that are naturally containing heat and tons of water
/vyvin

Raxie
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
no science lessons, please.

Snakespeare
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
And for the record, Horus is the sun (son), and Ma'at is goddes of light (justice).

p.s. I liked it when I saw moonshine jugs in the pyramids. Apep will no doubt prove to be the link between AS and AO.

Haikus
09-09-2010, 05:16 PM
there having a "general" discussion and this thread is titled "general" discussion...it isnt like there argueing or anything...there handling this as adults..hence they are adults...:)

Snakespeare
09-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Correction: Apep fought with Ra, who is another sun god, not Horus. Really, over the 3000 years of that Empire they absorbed so many cultures that it became a twisted mishmash of deities, so... I guess Apep (the snake) Ra (Sun) killer staff of Osiris (war god).

Chickdigcookies
09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
im hungry...

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 05:46 PM
U sparked this thread! U can't be hungry!

Elffy
09-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Lol why is everyone trying to make sense of something that has been deemed as nonsensical?

Chickdigcookies
09-09-2010, 07:02 PM
because they dont know that that means...and most of them NEED to be right.

Kavanah pointed it out like in the 4th post...

tsk tsk.

Royce
09-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Lol why is everyone trying to make sense of something that has been deemed as nonsensical?

If desert-frost doesn't exist, I find it even harder to believe nonsensical desert-frost exists ;)

Also, on a serious note, I used to like the fact that each campaign had unique and appropriate gear. But we've been sitting on AO2 sooooo long, and had so many new types of gear added along the way, that there isn't much of a theme to the weapons anymore...

Demonicdevyn
09-09-2010, 07:11 PM
ummm...ya no comment...;)

exactly

HAIKUS FTW!!!!!!!!

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I kicked Anubis! Garanteeing ur safety u should be thankful!

Furrawn
09-09-2010, 09:14 PM
because they dont know that that means...and most of them NEED to be right.

Kavanah pointed it out like in the 4th post...

tsk tsk.

Ouch.

Most people DO know what "nonsensical" means...
We were discussing because it was fun to talk & try to puzzle something out- even if there was no answer...

"For the listener, who listens in the snow,
And, nothing himself, beholds
Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is."
---From "The Snow Man" by Wallace Stevens

Vyvin
09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Oxymoronic!

nui876
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
woah
you have max cash

Raxie
09-10-2010, 12:51 AM
he has more than the max cash. he has 43 million.

cry
09-10-2010, 12:58 AM
4x max cash.

Raxie
09-10-2010, 01:04 AM
4x max cash.
what do you mean?

Inching
09-10-2010, 02:16 AM
where is this dropped?

jonboy
09-10-2010, 03:16 AM
You know we can talk about whatever we want, even if it is rubbish cause that what we adults do. Now go to bed. :)

Now back to topic, Antarctica is the driest continent.

GaZz
09-10-2010, 04:25 AM
More importantly... some dude is trying to sell an Isis one for 600k... the stats aren't 600k good....and if there's at least 3 dropped that we know of in less than 24 hours, they're not that rare either.

mAdvillain
09-10-2010, 08:34 AM
i have better things to do with my time than farm gold and jip people out of their money for pinks till i reach a 100 million

get a life!

get a girlfriend!

get a boyfriend!

geeez.....