PDA

View Full Version : Need some serious PvP help

Arexos
11-05-2012, 09:51 PM

Only thing missing in the picture is my ring, it's the lv.20 plat one.

Anyways, I need some serious help in PvP.. I keep getting wrecked by bears w/ forgotten bows and enchantresses.

With bears, their stupid pounce attack pretty much makes me a sitting duck and it has hell of a range..

Mages are 100x worse.. they can heal, they've got mana shield.. Like seriously, if I break their shield, they rape me anyway with like 2-3 hits. If I don't break their shield, then they just absorb my attacks and use that damn lightning thing and I end up dead anyway. Not to mention I'm pretty sure their attacks have more range than a bird's. So yeah.. I'm thinking about making a new character and switching to enchantress, tips.

Entertaining
11-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Birds have been, are, and might always be underpowered. Except for low level..they destroy there.

Noodleleg
11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Lol I don't know how you can not do well with a forgotten :P... Forgottens... Yes, I cry, but as Shelby says, forgotten is like acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.

Arexos
11-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Lol I don't know how you can not do well with a forgotten :P... Forgottens... Yes, I cry, but as Shelby says, forgotten is like acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.

Yes but other classes can use F. bows too, and they have better skills.

MightyMicah
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM

Only thing missing in the picture is my ring, it's the lv.20 plat one.

Anyways, I need some serious help in PvP.. I keep getting wrecked by bears w/ forgotten bows and enchantresses.

With bears, their stupid pounce attack pretty much makes me a sitting duck and it has hell of a range..

Mages are 100x worse.. they can heal, they've got mana shield.. Like seriously, if I break their shield, they rape me anyway with like 2-3 hits. If I don't break their shield, then they just absorb my attacks and use that damn lightning thing and I end up dead anyway. Not to mention I'm pretty sure their attacks have more range than a bird's. So yeah.. I'm thinking about making a new character and switching to enchantress, tips.

Hmm birds should be over powered to some extent at 35. I did well with a voodoo bird and forgotten staff at 35. If that ain't proof, what is? Lol Just practice more man. Find out what keeps causing you to die, then find out how to counter that. Know your skills, know your opponents skills.

Randomguy
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
you might need better gear and a good build,
btw ill buy the scorpion leather

Kixxler
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Bird with a forgotten bow having trouble? Who needs a build, spam skills, and you're set for life.

Arexos
11-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Bird with a forgotten bow having trouble? Who needs a build, spam skills, and you're set for life.

Yeah... that doesn't work.

you might need better gear and a good build,
btw ill buy the scorpion leather

Better gear, like what? I've checked the CS, there isn't any better gear for my level and there is plenty of scorpion leather in the CS.

Birds have been, are, and might always be underpowered. Except for low level..they destroy there.

I see, so what build do you recommend? Int/Dex Enchantresses?

Thelastblink
11-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Mages are supposed to kite you, so try to root on them as soon as 12m, wait for fire ice then just annihilate them with your combo. If a mage comes right at you, then you win gf. Im pretty sure your supposed to kite bears, use repulse and after they beckon kite them with your shots from 12m.

Waug
11-06-2012, 02:07 AM
wellcome to hell bro, u have choosen the toughest class to do pvp, and 35 pvp is ruled by mages.
the bird class is toughest but pro-est class too, by pro-est I didn't mean op, but I mean no one can stop a pro bird, neither a bear nor a mage. but that's far away to achieve.

if u wanna pvp at this level, ya going with mage isn't a bad idea.

Waug
11-06-2012, 02:26 AM
@everyone who says forgotten bow is op, mark this -
A proper xbow set is better than anything (even fb), against anyone in any circumstances* for pure birds in a 1vs1 fair fight.

if anyone disagree with this I would say he needs to learn a lot as bird.

* except few non mature cases like wall hiding, spwning etc.

WarTornBird
11-06-2012, 02:57 AM
If your planning on using a bird go to 55. Easily the best and most favorable of birds. Different levels of pvp cater to the different classes. Bears go to town from about 12-22
Then from about 22-35 it goes to mages. AO is kind of awkward for all classes, being that back in these levels it was literally equal opportunity. From 51-55 many would say bears, but I beg to differ my custom bird did wonders. So I would say the sewer days cater to birds. Everything after that, bears pretty much rule pvp as of now from what people are saying.

Gaunab
11-06-2012, 08:08 AM
better than anything against anyone in any circumstances for pure birds in a 1vs1 fair fight.

Made me chuckle...

I think PvP in general and especially birds become fun at lvl50+. A good pure bird can rule FFA games and also win in 2/3 vs 1 situations.
In 1vs1 you will have an advantage over bears if you know what you are doing but you will have a hard time vs good mages.
Birds are far distance kiters, fast killers and the nightmare of a tank.
You will always be somewhat dependent on your dodge, so try to keep it high by using dodge rings/faces (maxing evade ofc), and focus on base dmg and crit as well.

You will need to get used to 12m (arrows, fire, ice, drain, beckon), 10m (root, recurve auto) and 8m (shat scream, hellscream, stomp, light) range and learn how to juke (dipping in and out) and outkite (eg. running at 13-14m) as well as to hit your opponent from the optimal distance.
It will take some time to get familiar with all the skills and possible combos.

Getting really good with birds needs a lot of practice...

Bous
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Lvl 22 bear 6 beckon 6 rage 6 stomp 3 sms. Gg

Waug
11-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Made me chuckle...

I think PvP in general and especially birds become fun at lvl50+. A good pure bird can rule FFA games and also win in 2/3 vs 1 situations.
In 1vs1 you will have an advantage over bears if you know what you are doing but you will have a hard time vs good mages.
You will always be somewhat dependent on your dodge, so try to keep it high by using dodge rings/faces (maxing evade ofc), and focus on base dmg and crit as well.

You will need to get used to 12m (arrows, fire, ice, drain, beckon), 10m (root, recurve auto) and 8m (shat scream, hellscream, stomp, light) range and learn how to juke (dipping in and out) and outkite (eg. running at 13-14m) as well as to hit your opponent from the optimal distance.

What did u want to prove? That ur pro, no need to, ur name was enough, ikr most of the oldies.

U totally by passed my point, I claimed something ( blue coloured text) so many peoples here at forums and in game says that forgotten bow is over powered, and bird with fb is also op, I said a proper xbow set is better than fb, and when I'm claiming something it should be full proof,there should not be any element of doubt. that's why I used specific terms like, fair fight, 1vs1 etc. And what else u said just support that nothing against it, that's y I said no pro bird shold disagree with it.

That's what I always say :) ty

Gaunab
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
What did u want to prove? That ur pro, no need to, ur name was enough, ikr most of the oldies.

U totally by passed my point, I claimed something ( blue coloured text) so many peoples here at forums and in game says that forgotten bow is over powered, and bird with fb is also op, I said a proper xbow set is better than fb, and when I'm claiming something it should be full proof,there should not be any element of doubt. that's why I used specific terms like, fair fight, 1vs1 etc. And what else u said just support that nothing against it, that's y I said no pro bird shold disagree with it.

That's what I always say :) ty

Whoa take it easy. My post was ment to help the OP not directed at you.

I lol'd when you said that an xbow is better in any situation under any circumstances and then said as long as it's a 1-1 between dexbirds.
At least that how I understood it and that would be correct. Vs staff and dexmages an xbow might be better as well. In fights vs other classes a recurve would be my weapon of choice. Everyone has their own style I guess. ;)

Arexos
11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Made me chuckle...

I'm seeing a lot of advice regarding, 12m, 13m, etc. This stands for distance right? And thanks everyone for the advice, I think I'm just going to ride it out and since you guys say Birds get a lot better at L50 :).

Heroelite
11-07-2012, 09:22 PM

Any bird with arms and forgotten bow beats this. Birds are op with fbow under level 35.

Whysoseriouz
11-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Birds are very good in doing damage. My opinion is lvl up because there loads of pvpers in 35 and they nearly all rush. U can't learn anything from rushers. It's not the lvl it's just how you use a bird. Birds are able to kill very fast, and its the only class which also does good damage while unbuffed. I can teach you to use a bird, but I pvp mostly at 56/61.
Pm Ysoseriouzz or look for some1 called Yso... And that'll be me.
GL!

Ow and btw, totally agree with you gaunab, bird needs practice ;)

King Solomon
11-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Well personally, I feel like a 35 bird can hold its own. Hell, birds now, with FB can pwn from 16/18-56. They could better in higher levels, but I haven't had a bird that level.
Having a 35 bird is awesome, make sure you atleast have 15 dodge, and you should do okay. I wouldn't go Pure Dex.. Birds need to dodge attacks, like fire/drain and or beckon/stomp. If you allow a Mage or bear to combo you; you're screwed.. So try a high blind shot. Take out some of their hit chance. That will allow you to dodge a bit more and give you time to finish off the opponent. So naturally max focus and evade. I feel like evade is one of the best bird skills. So utilize it. If you have any questions, you can find me In game. I have tons of twinks, most of which have Solomon in the name.
However, my birds do not. Except me 20..
My 35 is ADDemonology
Add it. I'll gladly help :)

King Solomon
11-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Oh and a dodge ring and penguin face helps too. ;)

:-D
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM

Forg bows are aids, if you wanna be aids use a forg bow

D-:
11-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I've actually used this when I rushed on my 22.