PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Hardcore Revamp II

asommers
05-15-2024, 11:45 AM
We've reviewed the hardcore feedback thread (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?737187)) and have come up with the following:

Ultimately, hardcore gameplay will be the standard gameplay with these select changes:
* No auction house, gifting, trading, or stash
* PvE permadeath (one life)
* Alternate character portrait
* Purple name
* No advancement pack gear

There will be no cost to create a hardcore character.

If you die in PvE, you'll be able to convert your character to a standard character for Platinum (price has not been set). You'll be able to play PvP with a hardcore character without penalty.

Leaderboards will only consider active hardcore characters (not dead).

There is no ETA for this. When we announce these changes are ready to go live in a future preview, we'll refund any hardcore resets with a certain time period.

Any questions? Did we miss anything? Let us know what you think!

-ALS

Titanium
05-15-2024, 12:02 PM
So basically, if you have died then you won’t be able to revive and you can transform your hardcore character into a normal character.
This will make people quit.

So if you want to do this, consider no one-shot kills, difficulty should be severly decreased, arcanes dropping from maps too. Only If you want to keep people around to do this mode, of course.

I didn’t notice any “catch” to this Revamp thread. I hope there are some real good news too.

A little off-topic. I have noticed you have made all easy maps like first brack map being very hard. I used to solo that map with a fresh character now is almost impossible. Please try it yourself. Maybe is just a bug.

Starkinea
05-15-2024, 12:16 PM
Ig it's time to stash all lmao

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Littletipsy
05-15-2024, 12:48 PM
Can you explained permadeath (one life) is that mean no more reset for 1600 plat?

Rottings
05-15-2024, 12:58 PM
So we can revive/convert into a normal character, but not revive as hardcore anymore?

Mehmetwehbe
05-15-2024, 01:00 PM
you are just messing with the hardcore game play meaning don't make it easy for the players lol

papas
05-15-2024, 01:07 PM
So basically, if you have died then you won’t be able to revive and you can transform your hardcore character into a normal character.
This will make people quit.

So if you want to do this, consider no one-shot kills, difficulty should be severly decreased, arcanes dropping from maps too. Only If you want to keep people around to do this mode, of course.

I didn’t notice any “catch” to this Revamp thread. I hope there are some real good news too.

A little off-topic. I have noticed you have made all easy maps like first brack map being very hard. I used to solo that map with a fresh character now is almost impossible. Please try it yourself. Maybe is just a bug.I think they mean this is another option if u don't wanna revive as a hardcore.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

CptAwsome
05-15-2024, 01:29 PM
I’m confused by this!?!? You’ve only done one thing that was suggested… And from this post it doesn’t make any sense?
No one asked for the stash option to be taken away.. we could never sell or buy in auction or trade so why is that event mentioned as a change?
Nothing about the pvp part makes sense hc could always play in pvp, someone just suggested making the aps for them void in hc.
Did you even see any of the other great suggestions multiple people said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcs
05-15-2024, 02:32 PM
Dont remove stash from hardcore or else no one opening locks on hc for sure.it equates to no one will buy plats anymore on hc knowing most hardcores are the one who bought most plats. Change your narrative until its early or else your whales will definitely quit :)

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Oawaoebi
05-15-2024, 02:48 PM
When my hc seasonal dies and I spend x amount of plat to convert it to normal will I go from hc seasonal lb to normal seasonal lb and be able to compete in the non hc top 10?

What when I die on hc. I am very frustrated about it and revive it to normal. 3 weeks later i regret it and prefer i had revived with 1.6k plat to hc again. Will support be able to help with this problem?

Or do I misunderstand and when u die u *only* can revive to a normal character?

Will the normal mode revived character be on the level we died with all aps pve kills and so on or will it like a hc death reset to level 1?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

recilencia123
05-15-2024, 02:48 PM
yess no more stash, and increase drop for hc acc bcz stash won't exist @.@

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jiubara
05-15-2024, 03:03 PM
Sry and dont get me wrong, but thats the dumbest thing ever.
Idk who even started this but hc was and is fine as it is.
Not stashing stuff as in if i loot 10 of the same arcanes it just sits on my hc for no reason same with the items which arent for my class.
Not being able to revive will make u lose loads of ppl who take hc srs and spend years at it.
Good job ruining the only fun mode u had.
Last but not least, nothing u mentioned was suggested by the ppl who gave some nice ideas to u, i dont know why u even asked for feedback if you dont care about it, ignore it and are about to implement the worse changes ever.

Iccyprincess
05-15-2024, 03:11 PM
The hc mode is good how it is now .why remove the stash of us where we stash the extra gears we loot from the thousands locks we open each event so that means we delete gears of 200m or so ? And why would anyone revive to normal we have our normal toons what u all gonna do is the best way how to kills the hc mode forever myself personally won’t bother open any locks anymore by this decision so imo leave hc mode as it is everyone is happy if any changes needed to add is =when a hc die u let us keep our locks badge we spend 3k plat for each and remove pvp :) _ hug/girl

Candylicks
05-15-2024, 03:14 PM
Please clarify:

(1) Will the current ability to revive with plat still exist? This PvE revive is in addition to this current option?

(2) Can we still stash items? We just cannot take them out, as per HC.

(3) What is new about purple names? Our names are purple now.

Thanks so much! Our HC guild is of chatter now after this post and we are anxiously awaiting additional information.

Voorge
05-15-2024, 03:28 PM
Can you provide more info?

asommers
05-15-2024, 03:47 PM
Can you explained permadeath (one life) is that mean no more reset for 1600 plat?

So we can revive/convert into a normal character, but not revive as hardcore anymore?

Or do I misunderstand and when u die u *only* can revive to a normal character? Will the normal mode revived character be on the level we died with all aps pve kills and so on or will it like a hc death reset to level 1?

Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).

No one asked for the stash option to be taken away.. we could never sell or buy in auction or trade so why is that event mentioned as a change?
Nothing about the pvp part makes sense hc could always play in pvp, someone just suggested making the aps for them void in hc.

Sorry, the ability to stash an item will remain, but unstash will still be unavailable in hardcore.

For clarification, when I said 'changes' in the original post, I was contrasting the differences between hardcore and standard gameplay, and didn't mean to imply changes to current hardcore gameplay.

-ALS

Jiubara
05-15-2024, 04:01 PM
I still dont understand the concept behind the "revive only to standard" why take that away?
Ppl die-revive-learn-get better-retry.
Pls reconcider that change and do not implement it.

Candylicks
05-15-2024, 04:01 PM
Please leave the current ability to plat Rev to HC. Use the PvE rev as a second choice.

Encryptions
05-15-2024, 04:19 PM
Ultimately, hardcore gameplay will be the standard gameplay with these select changes:
* No auction house, gifting, trading, or stash

If you die in PvE, you'll be able to convert your character to a standard character for Platinum (price has not been set). You'll be able to play PvP with a hardcore character without penalty.
-ALS
When we were on the hardcore subject in windmoore what I suggested if you want to make more money from hard core- make it free to change your character from hc to normal if you die but also have the option to revive the hardcore character at level 1 for 1600 plat as it is now. This brings in more people to attempt hard core because they aren't scared to die and they will open locks etc. The main thing that stops people from doing HC is they have the risk to lose all of their items behind a paywall which is annoying.

Making it cost plat to change it to a normal character after death only ruins hard core for most people which will result in less money. Less people will do HC because the progress lost is absurd and us free to play players don't have the plat to convert our dead character into a normal character.
Too many bugs in this game to even consider changing to a normal character for plat as an only option. Bugs, ping issues, insta kills all happen and people do complain about it but instead most stay quiet and move on.

No stash? That lessens your HC playerbase even more. Who will even open locks on HC knowing that if they play class A they are going to loot class B items and be unable to do anything with them?

Your end goal is to get more people to play HC if you want to make money. Don't take away things people enjoy to try and make money by doing that as that only results in losing players which results in income loss.

Apocalyptis
05-15-2024, 04:23 PM
Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).

Please reconsider this.

Personally spent crazy amounts of $ just to get all the arcanes, vanities, auras on hardcore character. No one ever asked for such change and this just makes everything I bought with plat worthless. Even fully geared HC characters die on stupid instakill mechanics. Let us revive as HC character on lvl1 please. As it was until now..

Azitraozuci
05-15-2024, 04:37 PM
Please reconsider the change you're about to make. In the feedback we meber spoke about only alow to revive to normal mode, only a choice.
I myself exclusively play hardcore mode, normal mode doesn't have the same thrill and I won't be spending the amount of plat I have just to make a new hardcore character. Having thw option to revive as hardcore was the best option. I've spent alot of platinum reviving my characters over the years.

CptAwsome
05-15-2024, 05:03 PM

Sorry, the ability to stash an item will remain, but unstash will still be unavailable in hardcore.

For clarification, when I said 'changes' in the original post, I was contrasting the differences between hardcore and standard gameplay, and didn't mean to imply changes to current hardcore gameplay.

-ALS

Ok thanks for the clarification.

But in all honesty the only thing you guys took from the multiple things suggested is you’re going to implement is the option to be able to change your character to normal mode?

Or is this just the first step in a series of changes? If this is the case or not the case can you maybe clarify that too?

Rottings
05-15-2024, 05:41 PM

-ALS

How did this come from any of the revamp suggestions?? Who will open lockeds on hardcore if it wont be able to stay hardcore when they die, big money loss. No more new hardcores for me thats for sure, spent way too much on plat for this type of update

Voorge
05-15-2024, 05:59 PM
That encourages already existing hardcores (that are on LB) to just finish up the easy aps’ and leave the mode for good (they will be getting banners by simply existing and doing nothing). Same people will be getting banners because nobody is gonna risk death during such tedious grind to get there.
Like many said above, consider keeping 1.6k plat revive method and if you need to include other option so bad at least give us choice. I can not imagine turning my character to normal mode because that’s the only option you’re giving me. That’s NOT what I have paid for.
Your game, I get it but that’s a huge stretch. If I wanted to have another geared character I would buy everything off consignment shop instead of spending hundreds of thousands of platinum to get desired items.

Ago
05-15-2024, 06:22 PM
what point of no more can revive be hc , u make ppl spend a lot of gold for open lock then ruin it , like u want to close hc mode by this way , pls dont do this let ppl learn from mistake n revive to try again . all will inactive or quit by this way

papas
05-15-2024, 06:39 PM
I try comprehend the thinking behind this major change in hardcore mode.
It may occurred to you that after one character dies and have no option to keep playing as a hc character, they will start over since most are so addicted in hc mode alrd.
Note that some of us playing for many years, even before s17 when seasonals introduced in game. Some aps takes many years to complete em and after all this hard work it is really discouraging to do it again. I'm not talking about 1k elite boss aps. There are aps like titles, badges or craft ebon vanity weapon, pet lvl up (we can't grind in Indigo caverns same way as normal mode), pet aps and more. Even get a speed set might need more than one goblin event if ur really unlucky with crates.
I am sure, at least that's what I would do in case I die again, everyone will not start over to try get descent gear to be able to run events and start over completing aps, with a new hc character.
In case ur trying to make hc mode less popular and have less ppl playing this, then this is the correct way. But u won't benefit in anyway profit wise.
Having an additional option to convert a dead hc character into a normal mode character is a great addition. But it must not be the only choice!

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Blazerland
05-15-2024, 07:41 PM
Just the thought of dying in HC and the only option is to turn your character into a normal toon is absurd. Did you guys even consider that a lot of HCs spent years gearing up and grinding not to mention the hundreds of thousands of plats we spend to get where we are now in HC. Give us an OPTION at least if we wanna continue playing hardcore.

Alcs
05-15-2024, 07:44 PM
The sole idea of making hc into normal the only option is absurd. Cant you see hardcores spent the most platinums ingame? Idk why would you even consider that, when we only suggest to lower the platinum revive from 1.7 to like 500-1k. Most hardcores will quit if you ever implement this kind of idea.

Xcwarrxc
05-15-2024, 08:02 PM
you should remove hardcore toons from a standard character's aps (hitting lv 71 / 86). Not everyone can grind or have fun leveling hc toons.

Naaabmage
05-15-2024, 08:40 PM
Ahhh sts strikes again....doing the complete opposite of wat hc players want...this is useless idea....I won't be playing much hc anymore and I only play hc now did u guys even read the feedback? This is ridiculous...time to pack up n leave the game .... ty for the AL memories was fun...

Ign bigghc / moneyhc

ThomCat
05-15-2024, 09:00 PM
StS giveth and taketh away. What brainiac thought this was a good idea?

xcrithappensx
05-15-2024, 09:56 PM
This is absolutely absurd! I don't even know what to say other than "Wow!"

Ign: Runted

Starkinea
05-15-2024, 10:26 PM

-ALSI'm sorry but absolutely nobody asked for that... People asked for an option to stash items if they quit running hc...but to completly remove the option to revive makes no sense whatsoever...who will create hc character....who will spend plats on it? All it makes me wanna do is stash everything rn and quit playing hc at all lol...all the time and money spent...smh

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Rauigriu
05-16-2024, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=asommers;4168607]Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).

First, The idea of the revive to normal mode is going to help you, STS, as much as it will a PORTION of your hc base. The fact that you have considered the suggestion is greatly appreciated. However, I believe that you may be missing an understanding of your full hc player base. It is true that the normal mode revive will encourage a portion of those players and new hc mode players to take more of a chance at spending plat to open locked crates, as well as appease some hc who have already spent plat and used revives after spending a lot on plat already but need a life line to not quit AL altogether from frustration due real life on top of some freak in game causes of death that don’t need to be repeated again here.

HOWEVER, by making the revive to normal mode the only revive option you are also greatly missing an understanding of another large portion of your hc base. This group is in hc to be truly hc. Meaning this group is going to spend money on plat and unlock crates and then go be bad a** hardcore, monster ripping, AP completing, limit pushing beast of a hc player who feeds off of the hc mode style. This group is constantly feeding you a lot of $$$ for plat, and they would rather pay the full amount of plat to remain as hc and revive at level 1 rather than a number, which should be less, to revive in normal mode. In fact this group would not just “rather” revive in hardcore mode, they would be greatly discontent as well as turned off to revive in normal mode. This group should not be overlooked as you take away the option to revive the hc char as a hc char at level 1. People in both groups often feel that the limited options are a “sorry but not really sorry, thanks for your money now see ya” mentality.

Lastly for clarification: one of the many concerns that was brought up in multiple posts in the hardcore feedback and discussion was regarding the loss of badges that most often for hardcore mode players are received from opening the locked crates. Can we assume that badges will remain with our characters in the option to revive in normal mode? Additionally I’m hoping that you reconsider nixing the option to revive as level 1 hc. Could you please address keeping them on the hardcore char which revives at level 1 still in hc mode form.

Thank You

flashio
05-16-2024, 04:02 AM
The way things are going the Hardcore Feedback Thread is giving the same vibes from the Achievement Feedback Thread, hope I end up being wrong.

Good luck to all the HC community!

Oouh No
05-16-2024, 09:28 AM
What the thread says is Hardcore Revamp II, what i see id quitting. For good…and no more spending

Switchback
05-16-2024, 09:46 AM
If you allowed gear to drop from maps then this would be fine imo. It is a Pay to Play mode that you are trying to milk further. I was one of the first people to do Hc Leaderboard, the first season before it was a plat peeing contest. This doesn't make me want to play it again.

If you were smart or cared about your hardcore community then you would apologise and let them know that you will not be doing this. It is actually predatory against them, wow.

Maisakurajima
05-16-2024, 09:57 AM
Not being able to revive is killing this mode, people grind for all their gears and pets spending over 10k plat to get entire kraken set and then it can only be converted to a normal toon? This will mean less people will open locks since theres no point anymore, also no one will spend those 1,6k anymore, not only do the players hate this idea but even sts is losing alot of money with this change. On avergae hc players spend much more money than normal players do. Hc should be more interesting so more will join but this just scares everyone, no new people will join hc anymore. Also if you die to a bug like the aquareth bug or get a dc and your character stays there getting eaten by the mobs, then the player will quit the game for good since its just nonsense. How can you make a thread about feedback for hc mode, then ignore all the good ideas and add something that nobody wanted, it makes no sense.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

asommers
05-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Please leave the current ability to plat Rev to HC. Use the PvE rev as a second choice.

Let us revive as HC character on lvl1 please.

We'll keep the option to hardcore revive as a level 1 and we'll look into letting you keep your badges/titles. This is a bit difficult as the way things are structured now (which is why we currently strip everything).

For now, we'll just put the proposed changes on indefinite hold and you can continue to play hardcore the way it is now at your own risk.

Thanks for the feedback [and hyperbole], everyone!

-ALS

Alcs
05-16-2024, 10:07 AM
We'll keep the option to hardcore revive as a level 1 and we'll look into letting you keep your badges/titles. This is a bit difficult as the way things are structured now (which is why we currently strip everything).

For now, we'll just put the proposed changes on indefinite hold and you can continue to play hardcore the way it is now at your own risk.

-ALSNo apologies for the entire hc for ruinin their entire mood throughout the day? As you can see on most of the feedbacks, most were quitting already because of what you told us. We better get more of your words than those assom.

Voorge
05-16-2024, 10:15 AM

-ALS

Way to go
/11

qwertyuip
05-17-2024, 04:13 PM