PDA

View Full Version : Perspective: I get where you are coming from STS, but...

Ryider
11-05-2012, 11:51 PM
First off I would like to let you know I do understand where you are coming from to have a limited release. I understand you want to make the best possible game for us once it comes out!

This is my point of view: I have wanted AL since it was first announced. I heard that if I subscribed to your email I would be one of the first to play. I was not among the first. I watched videos, checked the app store and chrome daily but for nothing. The main reason I wish to play AL is because on PL i started out when the cap was 56 and ever since I have been trying catch up, i got to level 69 and the cap is 76. Thats why I want to play AL: so I have the same chances that others have to get to the top, instead this is what I see: people are getting to have a head start leveling, earning cash, getting the best gear, farming, grinding, ect and I have yet to pick up the game. It just gets on my nerves.

I hope you can understand where im coming from STS :)

Thanks for your consider
- Ryder

DataPunk
11-06-2012, 05:50 AM
If there sint going to be a serverwipe i dont see any reason why anyone would still be exited. Everything will be estaiblished by the time the rest of the world can play. I am in the same boat as you, signed up for the email months ago.

Cahaun
11-06-2012, 06:18 AM
We all would naturally feel the same way had it happened to us so you have a legitimate right to have slight concern here. I can guarantee that it doesn't take much to catch up in this cap compared to the PL catching up time. We're all wanting our hands on it, but we got to deal with the fact that the only way a limited game is to be limited is by limiting the amount of players so there's always a group that wants in.

Overall: Don't worry. You can catch up in this one easily and don't forget to just have fun when you do.

Astrocat
11-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Your thread is gonna end up locked like mine..

Snakespeare
11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
You can reach cap in a day. I hope there are more levels than 15 when I start.

akfury
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Cap better be 16 when launched world wide so I have the chance to catch up get all the pets finish the quest get gear like they have... But no it's gonna be level 21... :/

Samhayne
11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Hey Ryider,

We do understand and empathize with the problem of wanting to play, seeing others playing, but not being able to yourself. It's a bummer :( Honestly, there are moving parts that are outside of the game right now that will determine when and how launch goes. If you were around when Dark Legends launched, you may remember that it received some awesome product placement on Google Play. It took time to set that deal up and that placement was _huge_ for us. We're working on similar stuff like that for Arcane. I know that doesn't make sitting by and watching others play any easier.

We are getting a ton of good feedback and continue to fix a lot of issues, so the game should be even better when it goes to full release on all of our supported platforms. We are also working hard on more content for the game (because, hey, you can never have enough really). I don't know if that content and level cap raise will be with launch or shortly thereafter. Again - there are a lot of moving parts to it all still.

Thanks so much for your patience, understanding and most importantly, for your enthusiasm for the game!

Fyrce
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Wait, so all the people on the leaderboards in PL started day 1? Wow.

Ryider
11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks Sam, I appreciate it :) I hope there wont be a cap increase to 21 right away but its not my call. Ill be looking forward to playing!

One question though sam, will there be an ambassaders guild on AL? I wanna be more active in the community on this game :)

Samhayne
11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks Sam, I appreciate it :) I hope there wont be a cap increase to 21 right away but its not my call. Ill be looking forward to playing!

One question though sam, will there be an ambassaders guild on AL? I wanna be more active in the community on this game :)

Maybe, the Ambassador programs are a lot of work to keep rolling.