PDA

View Full Version : Dragon drop rate lower? Or i have no luck

Traebeles99
11-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Hey guys,
So yesterday a couple of my friends and I were running The vampire feast and we saw no dragon drop whatsoever. Now we all had either thrashers or 3x Combo daily blessing. Also we ran this map ex least 50 times and all we got was recipes or crappy pinks worth nothing. Now I don't know if it is me but I am going to say in my opinion that the new update yesterday lowered the rate of dragon dropping. Or my group and I are just very unlucky. Express your opinions thanks.

plovr
11-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I see 1 dragon drop in the group for maybe every 15-20 hours of grinding, more or less depending on everyone's luck modifiers. I'd be surprised if they had to push a client-side update to adjust drop rates, though. That sounds like a function strictly of the server. It's possible they could have a virtual dial (or algorithm) to tweak drop rates at low times to encourage traffic and dial it back when traffic is healthy.

CS prices are a rough indicator of supply and they've been going down. Looks like a green set can be had for cap now.

Griffinfan
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey there,
I farmed with a few friends yesterday for 3 hours and we saw 3 dragon drops (gold helm, gold armor, green armor)

What is the key?
Reroll

If you get a 3x combo ALWAYS pair it with the 1.5x combo. You end up with 60% or so reroll, also if you have big or little luck ALWAYS wear it.

Out of the 12 dragons I have witnessed dropping 11 have been off rerolls

SIDE NOTE: I was running a 1.5x and bigger luck (didn't get any combo in my blessing) and I picked up a golden helm (my 4th dragon drop in 2 weeks)

hope this helps.

PS: SKIP VLOD. his drop rate for normal pinks is good but they arent worth much, and his dragon drop rate isn't very good. do these rotations Emma>Duke>Baron>RMK

Superduper
11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I have spent 1000 plat on shamus elixirs and done 2k+ runs with no dragon drop.

LwMark
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
ITS ALL LUCK
i seen someone get drags back to back runs
I got 2 within 100 runs
And seen many more
Just keep farming an get aa muxh reroll as u can

billybob1
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I have spent 1000 plat on shamus elixirs and done 2k+ runs with no dragon drop.

idk how that is....me and jhood have done that many runs with shamus not as nearly as much plat and we have each had about 4 dragon drops each

Chickenrunnn
11-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Out of the 12 dragons I have witnessed dropping 11 have been off rerolls

Hm.. lemme count .. 1.. 2.. 3.. 120MILLION GOLD??? O.O

Suentous PO
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Crazy random!
I ran all weekend there with shamus and 3x, after the third day (mon), I got a helm with NO reroll!

mysticmagicc
11-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I haven't got any dragon drops since i have been able to go to the vampire feast

onemadzhau
11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Definately random one day I get 1 in a 100 runs next day I get 2 in 4 runs and another day I got one in 8 runs 3 dragons I got I was using shamrock 2 of those 3 weren't reroll and the the other one I didn't have anything but 2x and that didn't reroll either so if you're trying to figure out the formula, don't waste your time :)

Traebeles99
11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
K thx guys

saool
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Haha yeah we ran a while with no luck...
We did about 3+ hours with Trae and I even had 100% Sham Thrasher which sucks when it does re-roll into a vamp bow lmao oh well I'll continue to farm... ;(

Traebeles99
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
same

slaveleia
11-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Cool thread, nice tips Griffinfan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Conquering_Goat/7F247091-331A-45D0-A0BA-BC5622F8C8B8-1222-00000222043E7363.jpg

It's definitely not easy to get Dragons to drop but it's more possible than it was before. I'm not sure some of those being sold in the CS are stuff that ppl had from before but there has been way more pieces being listed & at under gold cap, reasonable prices! Remember when you checked the CS & there was nothing listed at all?
I figure I'll post this pic of the best drop I EVER got in Pocket Legends!! That is the best feeling when you see that pink headline on the top of your page, nothing better! I couldn't believe it & I was happy for the rest of the day...the whole week lol, imagine the red helm used to be worth more than 2 gold caps a short time ago? I still can't believe it, actually! Amazing...

Mt Fang Vampire Feast:Free
•need to bring plenty of health pots & use them nonstop...all the bosses eat up health like you can't believe. Supervisor Lofus, Vlod, & Duke Edward are the worst...they drain you!

•Run with Shamus Shamrock elixer 80/76 platinum an hour...need this for rerolls. Expensive but worth it if it happens....cheaper alternatives are combo elix plus big luck or bigger luck

•Supervisor Lofus (his drop rate is pretty bad...sometimes he drops nothing at all. One time he dropped a Red helm so I can't stop farming him even tho he takes a long time & most like to skip him plus the long walk)

•Emma (Her drop rate is bad although I've heard many ppl say they got stuff from her....easiest boss to beat as long as you time her waves)

•Duke Edward (I used to hate him when I faced him as a Mage...better to tank as a bear as he eats birds & mages. Duke is the Top boss for dragon drops period!....all my drops have been from him. Got 2 green pieces & the red. I always have a good feeling when I go into his room.

•Baron Gobble (The worst drop rate, he sucks....I always tell him this...taunting him. Some players said he's dropped a lot of stuff for them. He's annoying cause of the roach sounds & he throws you all over the room)

•Vlod (I might start skipping him like Griffinfan says because he never drops either. Only cheap Mt Fang pinks that throw you off because you see the pink words on your screen & then your let down! I've witnessed him drop a few green dragon things in the past before the rate was altered.)

discounts
11-06-2012, 08:24 PM
baron drops the most by far

billybob1
11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
most dragon in cs is not from before....most of it is drops...people just sell cheap to the so called merches and they list in cs..i kno from at least a few of my friends we have droppd about 20 pieces in the last 2-3 weeks.... just some of us dont care to make max gold..well at least not me...just keep farming and it will drop...ive seen a week of farming go by with no drop..

Suentous PO
11-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I think some ppls experiences become the drop rates they say exist.

xxkilsxx
11-06-2012, 09:00 PM
yay but i saw a blackdragon vanity armor drop in vampier feast i was like holt crap it was all black is this new pls let me know ill get a pick as fast as i can ty

onemadzhau
11-06-2012, 09:08 PM
yay but i saw a blackdragon vanity armor drop in vampier feast i was like holt crap it was all black is this new pls let me know ill get a pick as fast as i can ty

Sry but you didn't see a black one drop in vamp feast :(

xxkilsxx
11-06-2012, 09:10 PM
i pretty sure it said black dragon armor

Superduper
11-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Screenshot it or it didn't happen.

onemadzhau
11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
i pretty sure it said black dragon armor

Nope :( not in vamp feast maybe blacksmoke mountain before cap raise but not mt fang

slaveleia
11-06-2012, 09:27 PM
most dragon in cs is not from before....most of it is drops...people just sell cheap to the so called merches and they list in cs..i kno from at least a few of my friends we have droppd about 20 pieces in the last 2-3 weeks.... just some of us dont care to make max gold..well at least not me...just keep farming and it will drop...ive seen a week of farming go by with no drop..

This guy knows what he's talking about XD. It's those purples rerolling into pinks. It's hard to determine what the dragon drop rate is in vamp feast...it's luck bottom line. I never see Baron drop anything...everyone just throws up & gags after killing him automatically.

onemadzhau
11-06-2012, 09:45 PM
This guy knows what he's talking about XD. It's those purples rerolling into pinks. It's hard to determine what the dragon drop rate is in vamp feast...it's luck bottom line. I never see Baron drop anything...everyone just throws up & gags after killing him automatically.

Witnessed baron drop red armors in consecutive runs

Traebeles99
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM

Only dragon drop I have seen is from Baron it was a Green dragon helm.

Griffinfan
11-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Hm.. lemme count .. 1.. 2.. 3.. 120MILLION GOLD??? O.O

I said that I've "seen" ^^ only gotten 4 drops myself, Green 2 Gold and 1 Red ^^

slaveleia
11-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Witnessed baron drop red armors in consecutive runs

O-M-G XD that's insane. Somebody's getting stuff from him.

Guess each boss can be good for whatever color as long as you keep at it.

onemadzhau
11-06-2012, 11:03 PM

That's the idea :) only tip is keep on going and don't give up

Azabiuet
11-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Griffinfan, I think I was with you for those runs, and that green dragon armor was my drop. Lol.

Personally, I think STS just upped the drop rate a lot by letting you reroll for dragon now. It never used to be the case. At least this is what I heard. I've been farming for only 3 days now, so bear with me.

My experiences:

Emma - Easiest, and best drop rates. Gotten Green dragon, and Red dragon armor from her now, seen 2 other red dragon drops, and 1 other gold.

Baron - Second easiest, and decent drop rates still. However, I've only seen a golden dragon armor from him.

Duke - Third easiest, and still alright drops... Not as good as baron and emma. Seen a golden helm from him.

Vlod - I'd say the hardest (or second hardest, not counting supervisor) and least rewarding boss. I've been skipping him wherever possible with teams.

Supervisor - Not worth taking the long walk there and back, by the time you're done with this annoying boss you could've had 2 runs of Emma/duke/baron.

I've been farming with Big luck, and combo elixer. That's it :3 Haven't spent any plat there at all.

Griffinfan
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM

1 hour of running. baron.

LwMark
11-07-2012, 12:53 PM

That's the idea :) only tip is keep on going and don't give up
I got green helm from ed, red armor from emma, literally 2 runs alter baron dropped blue arkor to my friend hate

Superduper
11-07-2012, 01:05 PM

1 hour of running. baron.

I joined after that game!

Traebeles99
11-07-2012, 01:18 PM
WoW u guys are so lucky really wish i was some of u.

Doodlebeast
11-08-2012, 03:24 AM
WoW u guys are so lucky really wish i was some of u.i never even saw one dropped ._.

Pakax
11-08-2012, 06:02 AM
@Slav
The trick with Baron is that the first guy who enters the room needs to drag him to a corner and position him so that when he throws you, you basically stays in that corner, from one wall to the other but very close . That way, yourparty doesnt have to run after him and you around the room. Makes it a lot easier.

As for drops, well yeah, I agree with allt he above, completely random and rare but if you keep atit, it does drop.