PDA

View Full Version : 2012-11-06 Content Update (106968)

Futumsh
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Armor elixir was incorrectly called +25% Armor instead of +15% Armor.
Added two new achievements for completing the Watcher's Tomb and the Kraag Crypts.
New characters now start with 50 mana and health potions.
Daily allies have been rebalanced, removing the allies in the Traveller's Outpost and Kraag.
The boss monster "Cyril of The Watch" no longer horks up pools of deadly acid! So... you can talk to his ghost (if you free him) without getting killed.
"Morgana" the undead harbinger of "The Watch" no longer creates 'acid pools' when you're fighting her.
Both "Cyril" and "Morgana" spawn much weaker reinforcements in combat.
Disbanding a guild now has a confirmation window.
The Revenge option upon death is now applied to all nearby players, making them invulnerable for 15 seconds!
Adjusted some wording for Goals that refer to the Spacetime Nexus.
Added a Goal for viewing the Games tab of the Spacetime Nexus.
Added custom "go to" location for "Visit the Windmoore Leaderboard" Goal.
Corrected an issue with the "View Daily Reward" Goal not opening the Daily Reward page.
Changed reference from "pet" to "Companion" in the Goal to visit your Stable.
Corrected typo in all "Watchers' Tomb" dungeon names.
Corrected minor text issues in several conversations.
Back button closes daily allies / daily quests popups.

Basswhole
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Killed is spelled wrong in the quest description of "The Space Between" in first paragraph.

Warbux
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
You guys are staying on top of it... good job!

Basswhole
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
What happened to the dailies?!?!

Elyseon
11-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Also in description of the 60 min elixir it says 30mins

Cephei
Thx u very much :)

AL rox

razerfingers
You guys totally removed my only source of gold lol! What happened to the 4,800 from mage 1,600 from other towne and 5,000 from guy in kraag?

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Centavo
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
They vanished only Shazbot is around pumping out 1k every 2 mins

Patricks
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Will i be able to finish the morgana quest now?

When i wasnt able to finish it, i canceled the quest and now there is no way for me to retrieve that quest again.

Lowlyspy
11-06-2012, 04:22 PM
They vanished only Shazbot is around pumping 1k every 2 mins
Actually better than all the previous ones if you think about it lol. Kinda hope this isn't a glitch ;)

razerfingers
11-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Now i cant connect xP whats with that? Lol

Aracnus
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Actually better than all the previous ones if you think about it lol. Kinda hope this isn't a glitch ;)

It sucks though, now every 20 mins. the whole game is gonna have 20k more gold :disillusionment:

Lowlyspy
11-06-2012, 04:24 PM
It sucks though, now every 20 mins. the whole game is gonna have 20k more gold :disillusionment:
Good point. We're gonna need a gold sink hole.

LwMark
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Now i cant connect xP whats with that? Lol

Same wth!!!

Bebsi
11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
They fixed it to one day ;(
1k gold for one day...

razerfingers
11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
They fixed gold bug now its 1k per day... Wtf is that? Lol i liked 13k a day..

Centavo
11-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Ninja'd it 24 hours 1k only, and the other 2 guys are gone.

Cero
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Pve kills got reset.? coz it only shows "awaiting data"

ninjaduck
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
1k a day? Wow :/

Centavo
11-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Potions graphics changed too, I think I liked the big squares though.

ninjaduck
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
The majority of the update worsened the game.

Samhayne
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
You guys totally removed my only source of gold lol! What happened to the 4,800 from mage 1,600 from other towne and 5,000 from guy in kraag?

Gold gain is being rebalanced. There is still a lot of balance stuff like this that is going to happen. It's why we tried to limit access to the game so that not so many people would have to go through it. At this point, if you don't want to play a game that's still shaking out balance, then give it a rest and come back and play at launch.

LwMark
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
WoooooW

ninjaduck
11-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Gold gain is being rebalanced. There is still a lot of balance stuff like this that is going to happen. It's why we tried to limit access to the game so that not so many people would have to go through it. At this point, if you don't want to play a game that's still shaking out balance, then give it a rest and come back and play at launch.

NOW I see the purpose of the update. To thin the limited release crowd.

Samhayne
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
NOW I see the purpose of the update. To thin the limited release crowd.

Ninjaduck, we're continuing to balance the game, put in new content, squash bugs and refine it. We love having people along for the ride - we've received a ton of great feedback and we really appreciate the enthusiasm for the game. If you don't like a bumpy ride - as this one might be, it's ok if you want to wait for the release version. We want the daily reward and daily ally to be compelling to come back for - but not to throw things out of balance.

Cahaun
11-06-2012, 04:38 PM
The founders chests already kept it all balanced out. Why now? Why should I now bother with the chests? I already spent too much on them and now I don't feel like I can at all now.

Bebsi
11-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Potions graphics changed too, I think I liked the big squares though.

Yea, if u can, pls change it back.
The old potion graphics looked much better :)

Samhayne
11-06-2012, 05:04 PM
The founders chests already kept it all balanced out. Why now? Why should I now bother with the chests? I already spent too much on them and now I don't feel like I can at all now.

Then maybe the founders chest price needs to be rebalanced? We're looking at what people are doing and how they are spending and how they are playing and what bugs they are running into and trying to make the best game that we can. Thanks again for being part of the ride.

Futumsh
11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Pve kills got reset.? coz it only shows "awaiting data"

It takes a little while for leaderboards to update after a server update - they're still all there.

dugantale
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Well? What happened to the allies? Two are gone and shazabolts is lowered to 1000, and my i cant get the frog, hes the only one i need, whyd all of this stuff change?

Nvm about allies i read and found out.
Butttt please help me get my frog please!!

Samhayne
11-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Well? What happened to the allies? Two are gone and shazabolts is lowered to 1000, and my i cant get the frog, hes the only one i need, whyd all of this stuff change?

Dungantale, as I outlined above, we are still working on the game. The reason that we only released the game into Canada and Australia was to limit the audience that would have to go through major revisions like this to the game. We're working hard to have the game in shape for a full worldwide release in the near future. Thanks for being along for the ride and our apologies if it gets a little rocky at times as we work to make the game better.

Mitchturbo
11-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Because its still a beta. The game is still only ment for testing so a lot will change till sts find the right balance.

LwMark
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I seriously spent 55k+ on founders packs an yet to get one piece of the set and i bought one 20plat pack for the armor, it kinda sucks or i got bad luck lol

dugantale
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Dungantale, as I outlined above, we are still working on the game. The reason that we only released the game into Canada and Australia was to limit the audience that would have to go through major revisions like this to the game. We're working hard to have the game in shape for a full worldwide release in the near future. Thanks for being along for the ride and our apologies if it gets a little rocky at times as we work to make the game better.

I saw that :) sorry i should have read everthing before i asked lol.

But with the frog can you please explain cause before it wasnt working and then it change to the chests (no clue what they do), so if you could explain that would be awesome!

razerfingers
11-06-2012, 05:29 PM

I never said i wont play it but getting 10-20gold per open chest then random small 2gold ammounts needs to be revised aswell if you're taking away one of the best parts of the game

Bebsi
11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I seriously spent 55k+ on founders packs an yet to get one piece of the set and i bought one 20plat pack for the armor, it kinda sucks or i got bad luck lol

Well, I spent over 1000 plat and a few hundred k gold on the game so far.
It might get cheaper or easier in the future, but don't complain later if u try to get them now xD

Thegrimreaper
11-06-2012, 05:33 PM
why did you guys change that? the way the pots look and taking out the allies....why not fix something like the cost of pots...1500 for 25 is rediculous

Justg
11-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I never said i wont play it but getting 10-20gold per open chest then random small 2gold ammounts needs to be revised aswell if you're taking away one of the best parts of the game

We're working on the gold economy. I would not say we took away one of the best parts of the game... I would say we are fixing some of the most exploitable parts of the game.

Bebsi
11-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Sam, could u guys pls add a function where we can change our sets like in the other games?
So we could quickly change from offensive to defensive sets or to cool looking sets (like founders) when we are in town?

Mitchturbo
11-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Looking forward to the next update :-) I need potions to run efficiently lol.
Good work sts and keep the updates coming fast ^_^ *hint* (make potions like 500 gold for 100 at the rate of the new daily ally)
Cheers.

ninjaduck
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM

We're working on the gold economy. I would not say we took away one of the best parts of the game... I would say we are fixing some of the most exploitable parts of the game.

Got down to the chase :-D

Patricks
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
My poor pets are gonna be anorexic now without the daily gold.

Can you guys increase the longevity of their happiness?

Or make like a pet center where we can hang out at to replenish their happiness? Sorta like the oasis at alien oasis town in pl but for the pets?

razerfingers
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Ah, good point. But from my point if view i enjoyed that so i could buy pots to farm the levels. If that makes sense since i die a kot

Justg
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
We'll definitely be adjusting potion prices, pet feeding prices, etc accordingly. Prolly tomorrow.

Cahaun
11-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Then maybe the founders chest price needs to be rebalanced? We're looking at what people are doing and how they are spending and how they are playing and what bugs they are running into and trying to make the best game that we can. Thanks again for being part of the ride.
I let my head cool down so I just want to apologise if I was a bit hot-headed. Right now, I'll just keep a tighter grip on my funds until I know I have a better balance to my spending.
Glad I could be part of the ride. Thanks for actively replying in this thread.

Mitchturbo
11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Yup as a mage/sorcerer I died like an average 5x a lvl aswell as consuming 20-40+ health potions and mana potions.
Infact every 3 damage skills I used I had to use a mana potion to fill back up. So maybe make the skill moves consume less mana...

LwMark
11-06-2012, 06:40 PM

Well, I spent over 1000 plat and a few hundred k gold on the game so far.
It might get cheaper or easier in the future, but don't complain later if u try to get them now xD
Not complaining, i was stating

razerfingers
11-06-2012, 06:47 PM
We'll definitely be adjusting potion prices, pet feeding prices, etc accordingly. Prolly tomorrow.

Good to hear!

Bebsi
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Not complaining, i was stating

I know :)

I'm not sure where this game is heading, but I haven't played PL for a few days and that's something ^_^

Nabak
11-06-2012, 07:01 PM
For the record...I think this game is awesome. I do agree with some of the other players that mentioned the cost of potions. Even with a guild discount, 1400 for 25 health is a bit steep. I thought it worked pretty well with the daily gold as it was before. I could buy potions, keep my pet happy, and buy a chest every now and then. If you're going to drop the gold income in game, the cost of certain things has to come down as well. Overall, great job with this game. Especially for beta.

Justg
11-06-2012, 07:35 PM
For the record...I think this game is awesome. I do agree with some of the other players that mentioned the cost of potions. Even with a guild discount, 1400 for 25 health is a bit steep. I thought it worked pretty well with the daily gold as it was before. I could buy potions, keep my pet happy, and buy a chest every now and then. If you're going to drop the gold income in game, the cost of certain things has to come down as well. Overall, great job with this game. Especially for beta.

We're definitely balancing as we go.

We'll adjust potion, pack, and pet prices tomorrow. We also want to scale pet feeding costs as your pet levels.

CosmoxKramer
11-06-2012, 07:48 PM

We'll adjust potion, pack, and pet prices tomorrow. We also want to scale pet feeding costs as your pet levels.
Scale how. More/less expensive

octavos
11-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Scale how. More/less expensive

Part of the balanceing would be allies also as you level. I believe as you level everything gets higher on price but some way to earn back what has been lost. I agree for early leveling the allies were definitely giving more then what was needed. Maybe lower the timers also :) don't want tons of currency to spread quickly before a full release is available.

gundamsone
11-06-2012, 08:31 PM
lower the daily gold rewards and
increase the gold drop rate to 10-50+ and maybe few hundred for bosses
as you progress through the campaign maps, the mobs should give out more gold so this way it will encourage people to level and play through the game instead of logging on for 30s everyday to claim the gold

TANKKAAR
11-06-2012, 10:59 PM
In case you haven't seen a new misspelling

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/Screenshot_2012-11-06-17-45-18.png

That is unless these games will be "exiting"?

Aeroflame
11-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Shazbot still does it one-a-day for me. Sup with that?

Also my on-screen joystick literally "sticks", sometimes I move it and my avatar does not.

Also starter pack has gone MIA.

Phoenician1
11-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Not Canadian or Aussie, have to say that it's killing me to read about patches rolling out fixing things that I'll never, ever get the chance to whine and complain about.

Beta
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm so eager for Arcane Legends to be Available for Google chrome download in U.S.! I log on Everyday Hoping to see "launched" On the app store, Haha.

Beta
11-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Will their be a Founders Package avaiable?

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Will their be a Founders Package avaiable?

Yes

Beta
11-07-2012, 12:13 AM
This company really cares about it's players and games! This is Great!

Jig
11-07-2012, 12:22 AM
You guys are so lucky to play.... im in Aus but on an IOS .. screw apple :(

akfury
11-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Wow if someone saved up those gold pieces there gonna be rich for full release :(... People already have 100ks+ yeah I have some serious catching up... I'm praying for server wipe ...

razerfingers
11-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Wow if someone saved up those gold pieces there gonna be rich for full release :(... People already have 100ks+ yeah I have some serious catching up... I'm praying for server wipe ...

Uh, nahhhh :/ il beez poar

LwMark
11-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Keep prayin lol, its already gone to far for a server wipe lol

Flamberge
11-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Hmm.. Did I missed something? Why can't I buy a premium character bundle?

*Zero*
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM

i honestly don't think there will be a wipe well maybe leaderboards. But you can buy plat and no where in the game does it say beta. It's on ver 1.0 which normally means release. DL didn't get a server wipe and AL may not either.

Bebsi
11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Hmm.. Did I missed something? Why can't I buy a premium character bundle?

They removed it for some reason...

But they might bring it back for release, who knows...

Astrocat
11-07-2012, 05:48 PM
There will be no server wipe, but I guess there will be one for leader boards.

akfury
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I can still pray for server reset :/ probably won't happen and ill be poor and everyone else will be rich :(

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 05:12 AM
I think there should be a server wipe when fully released. If there have been exploits early in release there will be low lv players with millions of gold. Then new players playing on release will have to grind up to get that amount of gold.

Feke
11-08-2012, 06:18 AM
I think there should be a server wipe when fully released. If there have been exploits early in release there will be low lv players with millions of gold. Then new players playing on release will have to grind up to get that amount of gold.

Yeah, You're right! It's a very cool thing when you buy a $89.90 1700 Plat pack, spend it tn the game and a server whipe takes away all your stuffs that you payed for.
So, via the way You're thinking, players who will join the game in the summer of 2013 should ask for a server wipe 'cause they didn't know about the game and YOU have more gold in the game than they have?
ARE YOU KIDDING?

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Ok maybe have a in-game purchase record so your account is credited with what you purchased.

If I was told I would be taking part in a "Limited" or "Beta" I would not spend real money in case there is a server wipe. I have been part of numerous Betas and 99% of the time there have been server wipes.

Feke
11-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Ok maybe have a in-game purchase record so your account is credited with what you purchased.

If I was told I would be taking part in a "Limited" or "Beta" I would not spend real money in case there is a server wipe. I have been part of numerous Betas and 99% of the time there have been server wipes.

Except in STS games. At the end of betas there were only kill/death stat resets. Two times.. Lol, I was on leaderbord with 3600+ deaths.. Since that I became a 0deathcharacterfreak.

Tymphanie
11-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Lol

goodxlife
11-08-2012, 08:05 AM
I honestly don't find it very fair for them to wipe the server cuz people would lose the stuff they paid for but at the same time the rich low levels will jack the price on stuff way up cuz they have money and new players won't. So the AL economy is already ruined because there will be no server wipe. I personally hated starting PL cuz I started a month after it came out and items were already in the 100k-500k gold range and I was like lemme think...20 gold per kill.....add the 1....oh only 1,000,000 kills to go till i can buy that sword

Feke
11-08-2012, 08:26 AM
New players, new drops, worthless items, low prices.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know, that if five hundred thousand new players join the game on the release day it means 500.000*XX new drops of the same old items. The prices are high, 'cause the items are rare now. Untill a big bunch of new players arrive cause the ammount of the same item will grow with the ammount of players. So, the high prices will fall down immediately when the new players will put the same things in auctions for 1k cheaper each player to succeed with selling. Got it?
So, the arrive of the new players will be the end of the price tyranny of limited players!
If they can"t sell it for that high prices right now, those things will stuck on their neck.
And! There will be still a lots of drops 'till global release. So, the prices won't stay as high as they are now.
For example: There is a pink dodo in auctions for 250k right now.
I already had a pink dodo egg drop, and I opened it and playing with the dodo. If I'll collect another 10 pink dodo egg, I'll put them in auctions for 30-50k each, or less.
Rings were in auctions for 3k, I sold them for 200 gold each and gave them away free, just like epic armors and weapons 'cause they were all wirthless to me.