PDA

View Full Version : plat sale

kermitt
11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know when the next 2000 plat sell will be for the deal of the day. I remember buying it like a year back and want to buy another. Btw are they still doing this.

Cobraguy
11-06-2012, 06:10 PM
No.
Maybe.

kermitt
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Thank you

kermitt
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I would really like to know if they are still doing this or not because I will be waiting for it :p

Superdexme
11-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Sts does not do plat sales very often...and they don't announce their plat sales in advance..they are a business an prefer you to buy their plat without a sale :)

Superduper
11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
More than likely wont happen again. They lose a lot of money.

onemadzhau
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Has happened only twice. They happened to be around the time the newest campaign has been out a while, when ppl start to get bored.

Jcyee
11-06-2012, 09:40 PM
people really need to stop asking for plat sales :/ i mean sts is a business. plat cant be on sale all the time. so to answer your question, probably not for a while

kermitt
11-06-2012, 09:48 PM
I understand that and I don't see how they lose money yes its cheaper but more people buy and I more so wanted to know if they where still doing them are not

Superdexme
11-06-2012, 10:12 PM
They are more than likely very dependent on regular plat sales...if everyone waited until platinum discount days then they wouldn't be maximizing there revenues...in order for our much loved games to become so successful we need to spend the money that they need us to spend....the more money you put in, the better quality you will recieve :)

At least I would assume so?

Energizeric
11-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I would think occasional plat sales help grow their business. People who never bought plat before may be encouraged to do so, and then will keep buying plat in the future.

Cobraguy
11-07-2012, 03:06 AM
I would think occasional plat sales help grow their business. People who never bought plat before may be encouraged to do so, and then will keep buying plat in the future.

Yup, plat is like crack, give em a taste for cheap and theyre hooked.
Also another reason for plat and 3x combo rewards in daily blessings, just a little taste is all it takes. :)

kermitt
11-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Lmao I like that its so true. Plus s good reason they might not have done it in a while

Chopper
11-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Kudos to STS for offering some plat sales occasionally, but the notion that they lose a lot of money is wrong.

There is no divine right to our money by any company. If a plat sales spurs people to buy platinum, it's all money making by STS (which incurs no cost to produce game platinum). It's all revenue by them, whether it might be higher in some cases or not.

kermitt
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Thank you for saying that I didn't know how to word it without being rude. Btw game quality (in game updates) doesn't cost anything maybe there time but not money. However server wise I can see how it would help

Fusionstrike
11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Well, if I were STS what I would do is offer a sale very rarely, but make it a really good deal when I do. And I would offer that sale only during times when people are otherwise not as likely to buy. Sort of like how pizza places put their best deals on Tues night, not Fri night. And I wouldn't announce it or even tell people if I would ever do it again, even though I fully intend to do it again at some point.

As far as I can tell, STS is doing exactly what I would do. So in answer to your question, yes it's likely there will be a plat sale again, but probably not until nothing new has been introduced for a while. So my best guess is look for a plat sale in Jan-Feb sometime.